Introducing The Forsaken Steel Heart With Nano Fusion Handle.... Coming Wednesday, October 24, 2018

I also would love hand shaped for the perfect match

The hand shaped red/black g10 on my forsaken mistress was just sublime, if I dare say it looked just as good as some hand shaped snakeskin. The good news is that the shaping can be done later, preferably and hopefully by the custom shop when they start taking orders again.

The Forsaken Steel Heart.
114 Years ago, (actually 26 years ago, it just feels longer ago then that) when we introduced the original Steel Heart, we had to decide between a very shallow drop point design and a pointier shallow straight clipped design. The steel being used on the Original Steel Heart was ATS-34 (Pre-INFI) and the nod went to the shallow drop point with a much wider tip to make up for the ATS-34 steel's lack of lateral strength. INFI was a major game-changer when we developed it more than 20 years ago and lateral strength was no longer an issue. INFI allows us to offer the other original clipped point blade design with the much pointier tip!

We have now fused the straight clipped blade of "the Steel Heart that got away" (Forsaken) with the all new Nano Fusion handle! Couple this with the CBT (Corrugated Bevel Technology) and you are witnessing the birth of a new, soon to be legendary Busse Combat blade!!!

What is the Nano Fusion Handle?
Simply put, we took one of our most iconic large handles and saved the best parts (Overall shape, texturing, and length of grip range) and then modified the other parts to make it fit smaller blade profiles!!!!! :cool: :cool:

Of course, by "smaller blade profiles" you must remember that you are still in the land of Busse Combat, and that is the land of giants. . . So, "smaller blade profiles" are still coming in at the 6 - 8" range!!! :eek::eek::eek::cool::D
I handed the prototype handle around to the guys and girls in the shop and you could hear the tears of joy splashing against the tons of INFI shavings on the floor!!!. . . Yes, it is that nice!!!!

Nuclear Option Forsaken Steel Heart

The nuclear option Forsaken Steel Heart features a deep blade fuller along with a lightened handle which makes for a lighter and faster blade.
Both are offered in a coated and competition finish. The competition finish have light machining marks. The Nuclear Option also sports the Busse Custom Shop logo.

Pics are of prototypes and production models may vary slightly.

Let's Drink!!!

Jerry :D

Forsaken Steel Heart Specs:
Over All Length: Approx. 13 3/4"
Blade Length: Approx. 8"
Thickness: Approx. .210"
Steel: INFI
Finish: Competition Finish or coated
Bevel: Corrugated Bevel Tech (CBT)
Hardness: 58-60 Rc

Pricing:
Forsaken Steel Heart Base Price (Coated): $387.00
Competition Finish: + $40.00

Nuclear Option:
Forsaken Steel Heart Base Price (Coated): + $110.00 = $497.00
Competition Finish: + $40.00

Blade Coating Options:
Black
Muddy Brown
Hammered Silver
Desert Sage
Forest Green
Midnight Blue
Desert Bronze
Shadow Camo + $35.00

Handle Options:
Black Canvas (Included)
Tan Canvas (Included)
Green Canvas (Included)
Maroon Canvas (Included)
Black G-10 +$45.00
Tan/Black G-10 +$70.00
Red/Black G-10 +$70.00
Blue/Black G-10 +$70.00
Green/Black G-10 +$70.00
Orange/Black G-10 +$70.00

Forsaken Steel Heart With Nuclear Option and Competition Finish (Shown Below)
Nano%20Steel%20Heart%205.jpg

Forsaken Steel Heart With Urban Shadow Camo (Shown Below)

Nano%20Steel%20Heart.jpg

Standard Fusion Handle With Tan Micarta Vs. Nano Fusion Handle With Black G10 (Shown Below)
Fusion%20vs%20Nano.jpg

I'm loving the Nano Fusion handle. This one deserves an anorexic 6" version. :cool:

Wow. Just wow. Bravo to the Busse team once again.

Is the Nuke option going to have limited availability? Or is it an option that you just select?

Last edited:
I have the feeling that this will feel great in hand. I thought the DS8 couldn’t be beat in the 8” blade category, but I’ll have to get one of these and test that theory out.

This is the first time that I’m not sure the nuke version is worth the added cost. I’ll have to give this some thought.

My thoughts exactly. With the various option combinations on this one, I hope there will be some more pics forthcoming. I'd like to see both versions with the comp finish in a picture. The nuke option seems unnecessary but you only be able to assess that holding both side by side

Well, you did it Jerry. Up until this point I’ve been able to avoid the fusion handle on account of my medium sized hands. But like any good business man, you’ve managed to create a demand for your supply. Congrats sir. I wish the Nuke option on this was like the HOG Gemini, meaning a fuller with thicker stock and no CBT. However, given the 8” blade length, I think a non-Nuke in comp finish will give me the heft I’m looking for.

Yay I guessed it :)

Dang, just when I’ve convinced myself I’m set on the 8” blade range (TG, NMSFNO, DS8, Squatch...), Jerry goes and does this. In for a comp and a coated (I guess). Can we please get a pic of the non-nuke, comp version?????

Back