Introducing.....The M-9 field cleaver

TMHunt

Knifemaker/Moderator
Well here it is. Many poeple have taken a likeing to the Mighty M-18. But not everybody wants to tote a 2 lb. 16in. Long knife all day. With that in mind I'm introducing the M-9 (half of M-18) basically the same knife minus the draw knife feature and my own handles oppossed to Ethan Becker scales. This knife is 11in. OAL with a 1/4 in. thick blade 5 1/2 in. Long of 01 tool steel 56 RC. This particular one has curly maple scales. Hope you all like it. More later. Thanks for lookin!
2012-10-25183300.jpg
2012-10-25183353.jpg
2012-10-25183313.jpg
2012-10-25183418.jpg

Sweet! Very utilitarian. Now that's more like a companion for the Yuma that I could work with.

Congrats, buddy. This too is a thing of beauty. That's such a good looking blade I considered modding my avatar.

Daddy Likes! It's got a forward/downward bend to it that really ices the cake for me... your scales look good too.

Eli

Sweet looking blade.

Dubs - the handles on this might be long enough to work for you -- I got to play with it a bit at the gathering and it's awesome.
much more comfortable than the Becker grivory, despite the similarities in silhouette.

I really like this one man... I don't usually think I need a hatchet but something about this one in particular just says "Buy me"

Let's get some pics of that beautiful sheath up here too! That thing was pretty darn good looking as well and really complimented the knife!

Let's get some pics of that beautiful sheath up here too! That thing was pretty darn good looking as well and really complimented the knife!

Well thank you Derek. I can probably throw a pic of the sheath up tommarrow when I can get a decent shot of it in the light. But actually I was gonna scrap that one and make a new one for it. See. Unfortunately, the sheath suffered a injury in the form of a 2in. Cut on the back of it. It doesn't hinder its performance and its not all the way through. But I have repeat customer that insists on its purchase and I just can't send it like that.

I'm really eyeing this one down hard. I'd like to see some input from anybody that's played with it.

it's tasty vittles -- you WANT one.
Kitchen Help needs one of her own, too. :D

I was snap cutting 1/2" long pieces off a 1 1/2" diameter willow branch laying on the stump like chopping carrots.

Back