1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Introducing The SYKCO Alpha Regulator 9.5!!!. . . Specs And Pricing For Wednesday July 10, 2019!!!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Jul 9, 2019.

1. JACKMANDU

JACKMANDU Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 10, 2019
    Satin shipping here too!

2. Ankerson

Ankerson Knife and Computer Geek Platinum Member Gold Member

Nov 2, 2002
    David,

Let us know once you have sheaths.

Jim

3. JACKMANDU

Feb 10, 2019
    Yeah David....
    Just let us know when the sheaths are ready!
    :p;)

4. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Arrival due here in Sydney Monday or Tuesday :D

lmcq784 likes this.
  5. David Brown

David Brown Kydex Sheath and Holster Artist :) Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2001
    Coated Ding ding ding :)

should be soon.

lmcq784 and JACKMANDU like this.
  6. JACKMANDU

Feb 10, 2019
    Sweet! OD green pancake please:D

blackhat and lmcq784 like this.
  7. lmcq784

lmcq784

Feb 5, 2010
    Dinged!!! Wooooooohooooooo!!!

8. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Why do they sit in Chicago so damn long........ ????? ;) It was there three hours that it could have spent flying closer to here !

dogboye likes this.
  9. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Yesssss.... the grip is quite nice. I liiiiike.
    Can't wait to chop sumthin' with it! :D

10. JACKMANDU

Feb 10, 2019
    Somebody please, chop something and upload pics!

11. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    Here's a gratuitous cross posting violation - Let me put the chopping thoughts at ease - "It will chop" holy crap! I whacked my shop bench all to hell just enjoying how this thing hits! and man, there's not a bad spot in it to land a blow and of course the res-c makes it feel like holding a.... well Chad called it a "bubble bath for your hand" ... and that's just so high a bar I'm going to quote him LOL!

sychoregulator.jpg

Béma, Ironkid883, Aias and 6 others like this.
  12. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    This blade is just EPIC! IMO.

lmcq784 and Leonardo63 like this.
  13. lmcq784

lmcq784

Feb 5, 2010
    Friday can't get here soon enough! (Estimated delivery while I'm at work, assuming wife will be able to sign for it, if the UPS truck doesn't come while she has to take our girl to/from school.)

14. Geoff

Geoff

Mar 21, 2001
    Coated, arrived Friday!!!

15. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017

Boy Howdy!!!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

16. Busto

Busto KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 26, 2011
    Surprisingly it probably sat less time in Chicago than People Waiting to Catch a Flight out of Chicago's O'Hare Airport...:eek::eek::eek:

lmcq784 likes this.
  17. Brummie

Brummie Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2007
    I got mine (BIG DC) last night.

When this was first announced, I was really excited about the prospect of a big fighting bowie, shaped like the regulator. When I saw the pictures, I was disappointed that it was more of a chopper than a fighter, but still ordered it.

Now I have it in hand, I like it. It's definitely what I'd put in the light chopper class, although it's reasonably pointy, which gives it some versatility - so a good all-rounder large blade, but definitely not a dedicated fighter. It's basically the Battle Pappy's blade on the Regulator's handle. Good edge on it - robust, but not too thick. My only problem is that I really need to find something else to get rid of to give this a home. Other knives I have that I'd put in the light chopper class are the INFI MMD, B11 and Carothers Light Chopper. I don't want to get rid of any of those (and none of them are equivalent as they don't have a thrusting point), so I'll probably need to find something else to go - my B8 might be on the chopping block.

I'd still really like to see a large fighter with the Regulator handle. Something with a 15" mini-cutlass type of blade, around 1.5" blade height, FFG from 0.25" stock would be nice. Quick, nasty and still with some field utility to justify carrying it.

18. JACKMANDU

Feb 10, 2019
    Thanks for the pic brother!

Leonardo63 likes this.
  19. JACKMANDU

Feb 10, 2019
    Anyone else got any pics of this bad mama jama???
    Please share!

20. PABladeGuy

PABladeGuy Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Got my DC and satin.
    Did not disappoint.

duramax and lmcq784 like this.