1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Introducing The Trough Raider!! . . . Coming Wednesday May 22, 2019 at 9:00pm Eastern!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, May 17, 2019.

1. Robdude

Robdude

Feb 27, 2015
    Had that been a res-c or fusion handle..dear Jesus I'd be so swept off my feet.. that blade is pretty awesome...

WatermanChris, MattinLA and CataD like this.
  2. Apocryphiliac

Apocryphiliac Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2017
    I’m hoping there is some material behind that swedge, because I’d like to be able to baton it.

WatermanChris likes this.
  3. Turbo Tension

Turbo Tension

May 6, 2010
    That is some Bone Tomahawk looking knife thing

4. littlehoot

littlehoot Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2015
    Jerry charging by the ounce now...

GregB and WatermanChris like this.
  5. Walll

Walll Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2010
    I also wish there was an anorexic version - I would've been in on this for sure then, but that is still one cool design!

6. Hinmonster

Hinmonster

Jan 17, 2018
    Um...this knife is called the trough raider?? Really?? A trough is a narrow channel used to feed animals. I’m confused.

7. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    Yep. Absolutely love--LOVE--the lines on this knife... it might be the most astounding model I've seen since I first set eyes on a Busse. That said, .20 would be amazing--like a bigger, nastier BURP, with that classic coffin handle. It would be fast, less fatiguing, and easier to haul. Gimme a coated Battle Grade baddie, and I'll happily sacrifice a little toughness to save some money. Still, I can't take my eyes off its curves--damn [email protected] bowie worthy of its heritage!

8. cpirtle

cpirtle Leathercrafter Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 28, 2001
    Okay, I'll bite..

Trough Raider would be the biggest, baddest hog in the yard that ransacks and wipes out the trough before any of the other pigs can get to it. If Busse named their knives after fat guys it would be the Buffet Raider :)

9. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    It's a Busse thing.

10. DamascusBowie

DamascusBowie Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2016
    These animals double-fist knives.

11. Munroc

Munroc

Sep 20, 2017
    Its cool, I'm thinking about it

12. topfuel6

topfuel6

Aug 25, 2010
    Jim Frost truly does live.

13. Adian

Adian Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Man that’s a beauty!!!

Very tempting! If it was the old Busse (6-12 months to ship) I would grab one, but finally, after 3 long years, I can say we are getting on a plane tomorrow and coming back to the States!!! Which means a ton of transition expenses.

Congrats on those who score one of these beasts!

14. PABladeGuy

PABladeGuy Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I'm very torn between the BIG-DC look and the Comp-finish look.
    Are there real life pictures available?

15. VashHash

VashHash

Aug 11, 2009
    Coffin handle bowies are my weakness. How did you know?

16. PABladeGuy

Sep 11, 2018
    As a Busse newbie (piglet?) it's remarkable to me what the original Busse asking price for these blades versus what the later secondary market asking price. I have yet to see a Busse lose value (or maybe I just need to hang around this parts more often). Personally, had it not been for the sales forum and the goodwill of fellow forumites, I would not have been able to afford some of my current Busse.

Thanks you folks are the best (except during new blade release times when HOG treachery is on full display)

17. WatermanChris

WatermanChris Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2018
    The Busse group on this site are some of the best people you will ever interact with.

You're never going to lose a lot of money on buying a Busse new because of the Busse business model of only offering a particular blade for a limited time frame. If you want to sell it fast, you may get $25 - $50 less than what you paid but it's nothing like a CRK where you pay $550 and sell it for $400.

Blades like this one - Burp, Silent Knight, Forsaken Battle Mistress, FMV8/14 are usually pretty marketable as they are very "modern Busse" looking.

I don't really have a use for this one but that's not gonna stop me from picking one or two up. :D:D:D

18. PABladeGuy

Sep 11, 2018
    I really dig these heavy thick INFI blades.
    Got two of the HOG Gemini and boy do they feel substantial.

WatermanChris and MacLaren1 like this.
  19. zombieassassin

zombieassassin Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    I love it...just can't see past that dang CBT

20. MacLaren1

MacLaren1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 15, 2014
    I know exactly what ya mean.
    Some blades, I like CBT, some I dont.
    I can see where your comin from.