1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Introducing The Trough Raider!! . . . Coming Wednesday May 22, 2019 at 9:00pm Eastern!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, May 17, 2019.

1. PABladeGuy

PABladeGuy Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I agree that this knife would look cleaner without the CBT.
    Still irresistible though.

WatermanChris and zombieassassin like this.
  2. DamascusBowie

DamascusBowie Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2016
    I see your point but without the CBT that thing is a 3lb bowie cleaver...wait, now I really see your point :D

3. PABladeGuy

Sep 11, 2018
    What I like:

The "coffin" handle
    The symmetry of the guard/talon hole with the sexy curve
    and last but not least, 8mm thick INFI.

INFI for the win.

Now I've just gotta figure out how to pay for this without the wife knowing :)

4. Cobalt

Cobalt Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 1998
    I would love to know the weight on these. I am guessing it will be lighter than it looks with all of the machining done.

5. DamascusBowie

Sep 20, 2016
    I wonder if more options might be revealed by wednesday.

edit to add: holy guacamole, is that guard awesome or what, on the bottom its perfectly shaped for a regular or choil grip, on top its perfect for various thumb positions. This thing is a beastly blade but the control options are outstanding.

WatermanChris likes this.
  6. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    Totally agreed—weight should be standard among the specs. If the swedges and grooves reduce weight and help balance the knife, it would be great to know. My guess is yes... but it’s hard to tell.

7. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    Agreed. It is big, bad and awesome. I imagine it will sell like hotcakes. Just a little to much going on there for my taste. I think the old, small groove CBT would look pretty good but on a coffin handled bowie it's hard to beat the looks of a regular ol' saber grind. I prefer the old round ended fullers too.

8. PABladeGuy

Sep 11, 2018
    My guess of weight.... Maybe 25 oz?
    It's longer than the HOG gemini but thinner by a touch

9. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    It's 5/16". You keep that metric system mumbo-jumbo to yourself, mister. Lol!

GregB, gk4ever2 and WatermanChris like this.
  10. ScottsBad

ScottsBad Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 13, 2015
    All I can say is WOW! Bold.

11. MacLaren1

MacLaren1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 15, 2014
    Lol, I may need to take a break from all things Busse. We are getting ready for my daughters bday party and my wife was worried about how many drinks this little plastic tub might hold and basically wandered about its integrity- lol, I looked at it and said, oh it's cool, it's got CBT- Corrugated Bevel Technology- I said it not only lightens the tub, but strengthens the tub lol, she looked at me like I was insane lol...here's a pic of the tub with CBT
    [​IMG]

12. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    I can't speak for everyone, but I've walked in those shoes` it takes acclimation and you are either drawn into it or you're not :thumbsup: Best people ever and a fun hobby~ could be doing worse things with no return on investment or residual value ;)

GregB, WatermanChris and MacLaren1 like this.
  13. MacLaren1

May 15, 2014
    You nailed it. That's how I feel too anyways.

14. Warbow150

Warbow150 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 2013
    Ditch the CBT, lose the recurve, make it thinner, put a real handle on it instead of coffins and now we’re on to something.

gk4ever2 likes this.
  15. JackTheKnifeGuy

JackTheKnifeGuy Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2017
    Eh that’s a bit extreme. What I’m hearing is you basically want a satin jack, Or an infiweiler?:confused:

GregB and WatermanChris like this.
  16. honorearth

honorearth Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 29, 2016
    No what he wants is to stir up shit and complain once again about Busse designs and innovation. Just like when he bitched about the Hog nose war sword and Wtf being impractical. ;)

17. DamascusBowie

Sep 20, 2016
    You just came up with an infi mountainmandu, I hope Busse's listening!

hydeinmind likes this.
  18. JackTheKnifeGuy

JackTheKnifeGuy Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2017
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    WTF!....Is the most practical thing I own besides health insurance... and even then..:rolleyes:
    Honestly though I don't see what's impractical about this...It makes perfect sense.

Infact.. The Trough Raider is just about an inch & a half shorter than the WTF.
    Oh no, the TR thickness is starting to make complete sense.. Somebody pull me back before its too late..

hydeinmind, MacLaren1 and gk4ever2 like this.
  19. gk4ever2

gk4ever2 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2008
    Your CS WTF is a beautiful knife! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
    I have a .28" thick BG WTF, and I love it.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
    MacLaren1 and JackTheKnifeGuy like this.
  20. MacLaren1

May 15, 2014
    Jack, how much does she weigh?