Introducing Tiger Claw Sharpening

Sweet new edges on a Runt and KPH.

P1040428_zpspxybjolx.jpg

P1040438_zpslvype4tv.jpg

Fiddleback size comparison: Runt, Bushboot, and KPH compared edgewise to Gallardo Knives Sheeptoe and Bird N Trout.

P1040432_zps4stam5rc.jpg

After winning Jarrett's contest I sent him 4 knives to be sharpened. I couldn't be happier about the results. The knives sent were the scandi Esquire that one the contest as well as a Fletcher Griffing X, which had a run in with a bunch of bamboo, a WA Surls Kestrel and a stainless Ladyfinger, both of which needed a good sharpening. Jarrett does outstanding work. He let me know exactly what he did to each knife as well as why he did what he did. The final results were just awesome. All the knives came back incredibly sharp. So far I've only had the chance to use the Esquire and the Ladyfinger and both knives have preformed fantastic. The Ladyfinger is easily sharper then it's ever been and I'm more then pleased with it's performance. It's like having a new knife!
I really can't say enough about Jarrett's work. He's meticulous and pays attention to detail. I'll definitely be sending a few more his way and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him if you're looking to bring some blades back to life. :thumbup:

I really wish I could've gotten better pics of the work he did but here's what I was able to do. I'm a lousy photographer.

Griffing X
DSC03269-vi.jpg

DSC03270-vi.jpg

DSC03271-vi.jpg

DSC03272-vi.jpg

Esquire
DSC03274-vi.jpg

DSC03275-vi.jpg

W.A. Surls Kestrel
DSC03279-vi.jpg

DSC03280-vi.jpg

DSC03281-vi.jpg

Ladyfinger
DSC03286-vi.jpg

DSC03287-vi.jpg

DSC03288-vi.jpg

DSC03289-vi.jpg

Thanks for the kind words, Jim. I respect that you sent me some knives that have been used fit for their purpose. That CPM ladyfinger has been out in the wild for some time, and now is ready for more. Out of the bunch I think Dylan and Brian's Griffin X collaboration took the meanest edge, followed by the scandi esquire. Now go get em dirty some more :tyrannosaurus:

After winning Jarrett's contest I sent him 4 knives to be sharpened. I couldn't be happier about the results. The knives sent were the scandi Esquire that one the contest as well as a Fletcher Griffing X, which had a run in with a bunch of bamboo, a WA Surls Kestrel and a stainless Ladyfinger, both of which needed a good sharpening. Jarrett does outstanding work. He let me know exactly what he did to each knife as well as why he did what he did. The final results were just awesome. All the knives came back incredibly sharp. So far I've only had the chance to use the Esquire and the Ladyfinger and both knives have preformed fantastic. The Ladyfinger is easily sharper then it's ever been and I'm more then pleased with it's performance. It's like having a new knife!
I really can't say enough about Jarrett's work. He's meticulous and pays attention to detail. I'll definitely be sending a few more his way and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him if you're looking to bring some blades back to life. :thumbup:

I really wish I could've gotten better pics of the work he did but here's what I was able to do. I'm a lousy photographer.

Griffing X
DSC03269-vi.jpg

DSC03270-vi.jpg

DSC03271-vi.jpg

DSC03272-vi.jpg

Esquire
DSC03274-vi.jpg

DSC03275-vi.jpg

W.A. Surls Kestrel
DSC03279-vi.jpg

DSC03280-vi.jpg

DSC03281-vi.jpg

Ladyfinger
DSC03286-vi.jpg

DSC03287-vi.jpg

DSC03288-vi.jpg

DSC03289-vi.jpg

Jim I'll echo your sentiments here but only briefly! Don't want Jarrett to get the big head. Seriously though I quit sharpening my own knives. I only strop them and occasionally draw the blade over some vintage crock sticks. When they need work or when ever I acquire a used blade I send it to Tiger Claw Sharpening!! Nuff said
Oh I finally got around to tuning in to MOE.... what took me so long??? You guys Rock!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim I'll echo your sentiments here but only briefly! Don't want Jarrett to get the big head. Seriously though I quit sharpening my own knives. I only strop them and occasionally draw the blade over some vintage crock sticks. When they need work or when ever I acquire a used blade I send it to Tiger Claw Sharpening!! Nuff said
Oh I finally got around to tuning in to MOE.... what took me so long??? You guys Rock!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I definitely agree and, as I said, I'll be sending more work his way. And, thanks Douglas, I'm glad you enjoy our stuff. Keep your eyes out for shows in your area. :thumbup:

Which moe. song would you recommend for enhanced sharpening :peach: :tyrannosaurus: ?

I definitely agree and, as I said, I'll be sending more work his way. And, thanks Douglas, I'm glad you enjoy our stuff. Keep your eyes out for shows in your area. :thumbup:
Come to Austin...try to get on with the next SXSW!

I sent my production Duke and Camp Knife to Jarrett. He put amazing edges on both knives and got them back to me exactly one week after I put them in the mail. I like to sharpen my own blades, but when I don't have time (or am just too lazy) I am going to send my knives to Jarrett. He is a skilled craftsman and I wholeheartedly recommend him.

Thank you, sir. I believe this will also greatly reduce costs on the customer end for touching up knives that have come through already.

Hey everyone, I have shut down my website due to international hacking. Bladeforums is my home for this type of thing moving forward, so if you go to the site it will no longer be there.

Thanks

Just received two knives back from Jarrett, a Fiddleback Ladyfinger & a Fletcher Bush Operator. Both knives were purchased on the secondary market & both needed some TLC. Once again Jarrett has successfully brought new life back to two knives that have seen some hard use. Both knives are now sharp as Tiger Claws. Jarrett is very knowledgeable & has some serious sharpening skills.......if you have a knife that requires more than just a good stropping, don't hesitate to reach out to Jarrett.

Last edited:
Good morning, you can reach me at tigerclawsharpening at gmail

Last edited:
Hey everyone, it's been awhile but I am still progressing as a sharpener and available to take your knives to the next level.

The website is no longer up, but I have simplified ordering through Google forms: https://forms.gle/1CtBFDvph2CkHgWy7

Still, it is best to get in touch with me first.

Thanks for buying Fiddleback Forge knives, for supporting the shop, and for letting me sharpen the blades from time to time.

I have not uploaded many pics lately, so here are a couple nice ones from our Fiddleback Community

bUIitwH.jpg

iukA7bG.jpg

LRZwxr5.jpg

ieJZbmw.jpg

o77LCr6.jpg

Last edited:
Back