• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Is this a scam site?...

For what it's worth I've purchased a few high end knives ( Rocksteads ) from them and all were genuine.

....tough isn't it !!! 2012-15 I grabbed a couple of blades there just so as I didn't have to navigate Customs (they were confirmed as in stock locally) but other than that the $s are too much for my taste - and I don't say that they are totally out of line knowing the costs associated with putting an item on the shelf here. Most all of my purchases now are either private or direct from Busse. It will be a bitch if they drop the tax/duty free threshold from $1K though.... :(

Definitely dropping the GST threshold as of July 2018. ALL overseas purchases will have to add it, either by you or by the seller. And if an overseas company has more than $75 000 turnover, they'll have to apply for an ABN and sort GST on their end. God. Some sellers already won't ship to Australia, what's going to happen next year then? I suppose it's great for the government and local businesses, but a bugger for individual customers.

I got caught two weeks ago shipping a knife via a courier. Customs held it, charged $120 GST, plus an $80 "processing fee". Ouch. And the courier wouldn't release it until I sent them photos and a detailed description from a brochure/website.

Back