Issues with server sent emails to various Yahoo umbrella domains, which means those domains *may* be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who says you have to change your private email? Just set up a new one for bladeforums. Or use one one the other ones you likely have, like with google or Apple. If you have a smartphone, you have at least one other email address already. Forward any mail from bladeforums to your primary one if you want to.

This.

My home internet provider comes with the ability to create and access several email accounts. I use one just for store receipts and BS like parking services at the airport so I don't get hammered with promotions from stores or service with my gmail account.

Spark, I'm on Frontier, but I get notifications of replies to topics, PM's etc. Is this what you are talking about?

Interesting, I thought frontier is supposed to be under yahoo's umbrella and was showing in our bounced logs

I was on yahoo. Rarely got any notifications. But, sometimes I would. Sometimes would get notifications a week or more later. Switched over to another provider today per this post and then got a notification on yahoo that I changed my email to the other provider.

For those who want help creating a new email, it's pretty easy. Here are 4 steps in making a Gmail account (ignore the Yahoo and Hotmail):
F434165E-789F-42E4-9E34-DCF26A2513DE.jpeg

1489CFAD-FB60-4830-8D46-EE10DE9BFBE5.jpegC5E05A3B-5658-4EBD-A1E7-7E6F307F49B9.jpeg4B6542E1-BAF3-442F-A784-789EEBD33936.jpeg
9B77D31E-A3FD-4DD1-9608-E64A1199A1E2.jpeg
Then log into BladeForums, and click your profile pic. Once open, click this:
F171679A-2BA4-4BB1-856D-E066C3B2E3F1.jpeg
After that, click this:

67DE0C89-0B64-489B-91C5-F953A2BF7046.jpeg

Last edited:
For those not savvy in computer / internet / multiple Email accounts ; who are old and tired , or maybe just sick and don't have endless energy to waste ...this is not a trivial matter . It's not just a matter of setting up , then it has to managed . I already have enough problems of my own to deal with everyday .

I hope BF and Yahoo can work out whatever the Hell is the problem between you all ...because I've got nothing to do with this problem and don't appreciate receiving ultimatums from anyone EVER ! :mad::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
Thank you!!!!

For those not savvy in computer / internet / multiple Email accounts ; who are old and tired , or maybe just sick and don't have endless energy to waste ...this is not a trivial matter . It's not just a matter of setting up , then it has to managed . I already have enough problems of my own to deal with everyday .

I hope BF and Yahoo can work out whatever the Hell is the problem between you all ...because I've got nothing to do with this problem and don't appreciate receiving ultimatums from anyone EVER ! :mad::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
If you have so many problems that you can’t take the five minutes it takes to set up an alternative email account, then you probably can’t afford to be perusing an internet forum on knives. You can set up an email account and never touch it again. I know because I’ve done it. I don’t manage anything. Garbage email goes there, I don’t look at it, delete anything, click anything, etc. In fact, the amount of time it took you to reply to this thread is probably half of the total time necessary to make a second email account.

So what’s the take on this? Is Yahoo attacking the Bladeforums for political reasons or has the Bladeforums triggered a natural response due to its email policies. If the former, the. It may be time for many of us to consider abandoning Yahoo all together. There may even be good cause to go fund a lawsuit.

n2s

If you have so many problems that you can’t take the five minutes it takes to set up an alternative email account, then you probably can’t afford to be perusing an internet forum on knives. You can set up an email account and never touch it again. I know because I’ve done it. I don’t manage anything. Garbage email goes there, I don’t look at it, delete anything, click anything, etc. In fact, the amount of time it took you to reply to this thread is probably half of the total time necessary to make a

Thus, in the next week we will be forcing all users with the above email address providers to change their email address to a different provider. At the end of the week, at 2/18/2022 12PM EST if your profile has one of the above domains and you have not changed it, your account will be put into a locked out state until update your email address. If you do not remember your password to your account and are relying on a saved login, we will assist you as best as we can.

UPDATE: In the last hour or so apparently emails from our servers are being unblocked at least on some domains. We will be monitoring this and hopefully everything will be resolved.
Hi Spark,
I am on yahoo mail. I was following the link on the top banner to this thread.
Have a question, how do I know if i still have to change email address before 2/18/2022 or if the problem is resolved ?
i am hoping i could still use my old email, but if there is no other way i will change my email.
Thank you for your help.

Cool so take my money under one set of conditions, then change the conditions a few months down the road, and blame the user. Good business practice bud!

How am I being obtuse? You took my money so I can use your service. Then tell me I need to change my email provider or YOU will lock my account. So I ask to be refunded of my purchase of a membership as I don’t wish to get a new email to use your services. And you have to audacity to keep my money, and then to call me obtuse. When you are the perpetrator here….. cool story my dude. Tell me more.
Lolz. You are such a victim. Spark’s evil plan of grift has caught you in the broad net! Give me a break.

I am glad the forum is running smooth again.

Thanks Spark. Your wrench turning worked.

I just switched mine from yahoo to gmail account i already have. soon as I did I got a bf email to my yahoo letting me know my account email was switched notice. so yahoo is taking some emails.

I hate change and setting up new accounts as much as the next old person, but it seems that this may be a necessary change due to security issues. A number of accounts have been hacked, and without access to alerts and two factor authentication, it'll probably get worse.

Does everyone understand that you aren't being asked to actually change the email you've been using for work and personal emails? That you won't have to send change of address forms to every business and member of your family? It's just a new email that you can use just for BladeForums. (and there is likely a way to have it forwarded to the email address that you actually use, but I'm not tech savvy enough to know exactly how. I'm sure if you ask someone under 30, they can help with that)

Good opportunity to change to an email provider that doesn’t read/scan your emails :)

Hi Spark,
I am on yahoo mail. I was following the link on the top banner to this thread.
Have a question, how do I know if i still have to change email address before 2/18/2022 or if the problem is resolved ?
i am hoping i could still use my old email, but if there is no other way i will change my email.
Thank you for your help.
Part of the way you can help is by informing us if you are getting email notifications to threads or such from BladeForums.com. Now that Yahoo seems to be trickling mail through things may change.

So what’s the take on this? Is Yahoo attacking the Bladeforums for political reasons or has the Bladeforums triggered a natural response due to its email policies. If the former, the. It may be time for many of us to consider abandoning Yahoo all together. There may even be good cause to go fund a lawsuit.

We had mail configuration issues. Those got fixed as part of the technical services I paid for. We learned that Yahoo et al had us blacklisted at the server level. This had negative effects on trying to switch email service to AWS and other providers to resolve the notification & password problems. We notified Yahoo that the configuration had been changed. They apparently looked over the changes and decided to let some mail through. We're evaluating.

The bounced email thing happens on many forums & with many providers believe me, even on the most tech related forums. Right now i'm on hotmail/outlook, but i've had issues with it on a different forum. I think the most reliable provider is Gmail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back