It’s 2021 and Hinderer is still discriminating

Anderdale

Gold Member
***UPDATE***

I got a response from the man himself! There is hope for us leftys! If you are a lefty and want a batch made, please voice it to Rick. Maybe if he sees more and more of us begging, our day in the sun will come!

JknaNn.jpg

Why can’t you just make 1 run of production lefties? I don’t even care which model.

Nearly every other knife maker nowadays makes a left handed version or at least a ambidextrous option.

Hinderer doesn’t even let you switch your pocket clip so you can at least carry the knife in your left pocket.

Ok I do know they made the 4 way scale but they appeared to only make a few? Ever since that first announcement post I’ve never seen them in stock again anywhere.

Anyways please stop discriminating against us left handed people Rick!

I wouldn’t be so upset if I didn’t want to just own one of your knives.

Last edited:

JAB

Platinum Member
I wonder just how difficult it actually would be to produce lefty versions? CRK does it with all their folders and an XM isn’t that much more complicated than a Sebenza. Maybe they just don’t consider it cost effective?

MacLaren1

Gold Member
I hear ya Anderdale. I really do. Rick really should try to accommodate the lefties. I know I would be very disappointed if I couldn't carry my Hinderer.....
20200601-132836.jpg

jmgruber

Gold Member
I don’t know if I would choose the word “discrimination” with the current happenings here in the United States. Maybe production preference.
Being a fellow lefty, I would be in for a left hand Hinderer. There is definitely some envy when I check out my friend’s collection.

ferider

Gold Member
Call me fanboy, discriminating, etc., but I really don't understand:

I'm (strongly) right handed, but carry my Hinderers more often than not on the left side, and deploy them with the left hand, too. It just happened that way, because of where my Wranglers have their knife pocket, or because of where the XM-24 sheath typically sits (left small of my back), so it doesn't interfere with the car seat and seat belt, etc.

i-GKn4SfP-XL.jpg

My point is that the RIL is very easy to deploy and close with the left hand, on a "right-hand" knife, even for a right-handed person. Very different from other locks. And if you want the blade against the left pocket seam, you can carry the knife tip-down.

So if I can learn how to use RIL's left-handed, so can you, IMHO.

Roland.

PS: that being said, it would be nice to have a tip-down option for the Fulltrack :)

Last edited:

Peter Hartwig

Gold Member
Learn to use the proper hand-called right for a reason :)

Have you reached out to them and asked. If enough of you ask they may feel it is worthwhile. I really don't know how hard it actually is, and if the machinery would have to be completely reprogramed. But I would ask. You may get something.
Good luck-being a righty I sure wouldn't want to use lefty knives

Kabancheck

Platinum Member
Well It will be nice to have this option, I really love my lefty knives. But if you want “any Hinderer” with lefty carry possibility, take the Maximus. The ambidextrous clip positioning is the one of the reasons why I bought this knife

Pretty sure they sell the g10 scale and liner setup for lefty carry (xm18 anyway). I know that's not as nice as the frame lock being setup for a lefty, but better than nothing. As a righty I am glad they don't drill and tap every corner like spyderco for aesthetic reasons but I'm sure that makes me sound intolerant of those with a left hand preference. :oops::p

On edit:just noticed you already saw the left hand scales etc. Sorry