1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!

It followed me home (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by Steve Tall, Jun 12, 2014.

1. cooperhill

cooperhill

Nov 14, 2011
    I think its a later version - unmarked TT Woodslasher version. Still nice though and cheap ($5).

2. phantomknives

phantomknives

Mar 31, 2016
    well, thats what i'v been hearing, when you'r on a budget, gotta use what ya got, and if that means killing the cow with the splittin axe instead of a rifle, so be it

3. Square_peg

Square_peg

Feb 1, 2012
    Three bullet vises?!?!
    You make me sick!
    ;)

4. jblyttle

jblyttle Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2014
    Well...that was just one day. :)

5. phantomknives

phantomknives

Mar 31, 2016
    so YOU'R the reason i cant find a cheap vice

6. jblyttle

Sep 3, 2014
    I don't know, I find cheap vises all the time, although I paid $350 for these 3.

7. phantomknives

phantomknives

Mar 31, 2016
    i have the wrong idea of a cheap vice. apparently im thinking dirt cheap vices

8. Moonw

Moonw

Nov 19, 2014
    Actually, these were used routinely in slaughterhouses. It was the tool of choice. There was at one time an interesting post - or two - on these, right here, I think you can find it (with some help from modern tech :) ).

9. phantomknives

phantomknives

Mar 31, 2016
    neat

10. Square_peg

Square_peg

Feb 1, 2012
    Wrong thread.

11. jblyttle

Sep 3, 2014
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. bronc076

bronc076

Oct 10, 2013
    jblyttle, those old vices are cool. I'd like to find one of those but here in southern AZ not a lot of good items to find.

13. cooperhill

cooperhill

Nov 14, 2011
    jblyttle, what's the one without a handle. Rixford?

14. Square_peg

Square_peg

Feb 1, 2012
    The 3-1/4 stamp is interesting. And I like the curve of the head - slightly closed hang. The curve reminds me of True Temper Dynamic tools.

15. jblyttle

Sep 3, 2014
    It's a Maine head, maybe an E&S as it has the date stamp (23). I cleaned it and will post better pics.

16. Square_peg

Square_peg

Feb 1, 2012
    Everything for $41.50

[​IMG]

American Logging Tool Co. peavey - Evart, Michigan, hand carved wood shovel in the style of a Harvey Ward shovel, Disston thumbhole ripsaw in great sharp condition, True Temper Kelly brushhook like new, 16" US made Channellocks, Corona hedge trimmer, aluminum garden shovel (my new cathole shovel for backpacking), and lastly an 8" hard black Arkansas stone.

17. jblyttle

Sep 3, 2014
    Here are the pics. I love the hand hammered "bevels".

[​IMG][​IMG]

Agent_H likes this.
  18. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    You just can't beat channellock !
    My favorites are some original 1933 champion De'arments that are still going strong, then I've got some channellock dykes that will even cut string and rope.

quinton and Square_peg like this.
  19. Agent_H

Agent_H Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2013
    This is one that came from Latvia billed as being a “WWII German Wehrmacht Soviet RKKA axe”

found with a bunch of relic-ish materials from WW2.

Is it? I don’t know but it looks old, is crusty, and probably will be a good time to make a handle for it and try it out.
    3lbs 12oz

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  20. Lieblad

Lieblad

Jul 24, 2015
    Quite sure its not RKKA...
    It might reveal WWII German markings ! Clean it up !