It followed me home (Part 2)

Funny! I haven't seen another like it...till now.
I have that same or similar hobo knife, made in Japan.
It was my uncle's from the scouts, back in the 50's is the story that came with it years ago...

vYTsvmv.jpg

Been in the cupboard for a couple years, till just now.
Thanks JB for reminding me about it

Thanks think the hobo knife name is more of an exclusive to Case, but I could be wrong.
I've heard them called lunchbox knives, and picknick pal's.
Picnic Pal is the way I remember them from the late 60s. Too bulky and cumbersome for real duty in travelling light but perfectly usable for car campers and boaters.

More of less recent follow-homes. The Red-Ridge Eye cruiser and the little “dick” came from Maple Valley. Thank you again, sir.

The angle grind gauges are kit that I thought I should try. Only used them on single bevel hewing edges so far.
Setup by Agent Hierarchy, on Flickr

These are from a quick trip out this morning:
Old Faithful Warren Axe cruiser and a “True Value”. Someone was a bit mean to the eye on the Warren but it’s not anything that will keep it from doing what axes do.
TrueValueCruisers.n.Billhooks by Agent Hierarchy, on Flickr

I appreciate the scripted True Value reminder as a consumer. It makes me feel…like I made a good decision and I bought a tool I can trust. I mean, there is no mistaking that it is a true value of an axe.
It seems like a decent handle and the head has cheeks. Any ideas who made that line?

Last edited:
More of less recent follow-homes. The Red-Ridge Eye cruiser and the little “dick” came from Maple Valley. Thank you again, sir.

The angle grind gauges are kit that I thought I should try. Only used them on single bevel hewing edges so far.

These are from a quick trip out this morning:
Old Faithful Warren Axe cruiser and a “True Value”. Someone was a bit mean to the eye on the Warren but it’s not anything that will keep it from doing what axes do.

I appreciate the scripted True Value reminder as a consumer. It makes me feel…like I made a good decision and I bought a tool I can trust. I mean, there is no mistaking that it is a true value of an axe.
It seems like a decent handle and the head has cheeks. Any ideas who made that line?
Nice axes AgentH.
How heavy is that True Value? Looks like there is some kind of a line along the poll. Does it have a hardened poll. The color scheme of the handle is a dead ringer for a Fulton house axe.

Nice axes AgentH.
How heavy is that True Value? Looks like there is some kind of a line along the poll. Does it have a hardened poll. The color scheme of the handle is a dead ringer for a Fulton house axe.

Garry, that True Value axe/hatchet is 2lbs 14oz with the handle. The head is 2lbs 5.5oz. It looks to have a boy's axe eye when matched up to one.
The poll? It looks to have beaten something at one point and shows a little mashing or maybe a "chipping" dent on the edge but no caving in the center portion. I did get the wood and metal out of the eye and the handle seems appropriate so back on it will go after some cleaning and "make sharp".

When I take a file to the poll it seems pretty hard under the rust layer but maybe not as hard as the bit. I don't know for sure but there does seem to be a line of sorts around the whole back end.
It also has a "B" stamped under the bit.
TrueValue by Agent Hierarchy, on Flickr

Back