It followed me home (Part 2)

I agree! There is still hardened steel on that short side so I think I will take the file to it and see what I come up with!

The axeroon would look cool and be handy. But removing that much material would change the balance and lose a big advantage of double bit axes.
Not sure it has much DB axe balance to it anymore anyways, but this definitely wouldn't be something to do with a DB that's still fine.

The link works for me. Nice score by the way. Is the rest of the handle sound? The handle looks too nice to not reuse with that head.

ooh, that anvil's rough

That anvil would make somebody an excellent Armourer's, aka Sawyer' anvil.
Both skills require hornless anvils that are very rare...
(i don't bother with knives myself,but when i do occasionally the horn Really gets in the way).
Yes,with it's corners and facets radiused correctly this anvil will be a tremendous asset.

ooh, that anvil's rough

I look at it this way- It cost me $50 and it was a 95lb (probably around 85lb now) Hill anvil and aside from the horn issue it's in great shape. At least they cleaned up the break and made it look as nice as possible.

It is a tremendous upgrade from a piece of railroad track and will let someone upgrade for a fraction of the cost of a good whole anvil.

Not sure it has much DB axe balance to it anymore anyways, but this definitely wouldn't be something to do with a DB that's still fine.

I agree Hickory... for me personally an axearoon wouldn’t get much use. I don’t have to stack or move firewood around. It could come in handy making trail though. Idk I’m having a hard time deciding. Have you ever made an axearoon?

I agree Hickory... for me personally an axearoon wouldn’t get much use. I don’t have to stack or move firewood around. It could come in handy making trail though. Idk I’m having a hard time deciding. Have you ever made an axearoon?

No, but I would mind trying if the opportunity arose just to say I did.

Back