It followed me home (Part 2)

Check that big one out carefully, I have one that looks very similar that I didn't see had a shallow stamp until I hit it with a fine wire brush in the dremel. Turned out to be a Maydole, big and heavy for a claw hammer probably around 28 oz.
After a few days bathing in vinegar it cleaned up very nicely but still shows no markings. Oh well, I have a couple of cool old hammers to use.

Happy Mothers Day 2019

20190512-120034.jpg

20190512-120055.jpg
Smokers table lamp? Looks pretty sweet from here.

A few new scores! I traded 4 hours of labor at a local antique shop for these items. It feels really good to barter for these. It makes it very rewarding!
LyDULLV.jpg

A Disston collapsible saw.
bPcJYVN.jpg

Missing one handle but still super cool.
Zr2Ym6A.jpg

I've always wanted a wavy craftsman logo. Found this chisel!
DtuOM9K.jpg

And last but certainly not least a nice old Maine (I'm pretty sure anyway) diamond eye double bit.
FHcchG4.jpg
rtuScOo.jpg

I know the markings are consistent with an E&S but i don't think it is one. Could be though? I've already cleaned it up some and cannot see any other markings. No temperers mark. Thanks for checking my "new" stuff out!
Edit; i can't believe i forgot my nos db haft!
MlgLVep.jpg
Swg1XgT.jpg

Grain alignment is awesome!

A few new scores! I traded 4 hours of labor at a local antique shop for these items. It feels really good to barter for these. It makes it very rewarding!
LyDULLV.jpg

A Disston collapsible saw.
bPcJYVN.jpg

Missing one handle but still super cool.
Zr2Ym6A.jpg

I've always wanted a wavy craftsman logo. Found this chisel!
DtuOM9K.jpg

And last but certainly not least a nice old Maine (I'm pretty sure anyway) diamond eye double bit.
FHcchG4.jpg
rtuScOo.jpg

I know the markings are consistent with an E&S but i don't think it is one. Could be though? I've already cleaned it up some and cannot see any other markings. No temperers mark. Thanks for checking my "new" stuff out!

Awesome

Each is awesome by itself...you have gathered very well.
I love to barter...you did exceptional!

First off, nice score! A nicely thinned boys axe, two bucking wedges, a splitting wedge, an adze head and a jersey for $14 and change is a steal. Second, the jersey's probably a paper label TT Woodslasher. Third, please post all the junk you remove from the eye of the jersey.

I'd guess that the holes held ink-pots,and the grooves served to rest your pen in,to keep from putting them on the table...Writing and lamps were closely associated in the days of crappy light...:)
Yep! A search for antique lamp with double inkwells turns up a lot of them.
I wonder if the double inkwells are for extra ink or two colors...

I picked these up from my favorite junk store today for a total of $14 and some change. I would appreciate any info on the $2.50 axe head. I didn't see a name on it.

rpBb759.jpg

XkScX8u.jpg

Om6Qvty.jpg

WeQe3Hm.jpg

STXT25Q.jpg

n32atuQ.jpg
Nice finds! And great prices too as has been mentioned. Those TT woodslashers clean up nice. I had one in much thre same condition;
cyCNQlt.jpg

After a lot of elbow grease;
NAi3IuU.jpg
GvXFbAW.jpg

While not very collectible(for now anyway) they are very good axes. It should serve you well! If you clean it up and rehang it share it with us!

Last edited:
Back