It followed me home (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by Steve Tall, Jun 12, 2014.

1. A17

A17

Jan 9, 2018
    Has it been annealed or just baked a little? The pattern seems to be a cross between a jersey and a connie, but I can't say I've seen another one like it.

Meek1, Miller '72 and Yankee Josh like this.
  2. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Gotta remember which were not actually makers.
    For example Craftsman and Norlund were just names.

3. Miller '72

Miller '72

Jul 25, 2017
    Sadly i do not know

Meek1 likes this.
  4. Yankee Josh

Yankee Josh Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Norlund made their own axes. As did craftsman (Sears) at the Fulton plant. Though by the time my craftsman axes were made it was
    by another company. I included them on the list as they were both manufacturers of axes at one point. I know Sears bought the craftsman name in 1930. I think the Fulton plant was still operated by Sears at that time but I don't know that.
    I was obviously mindful of only naming makers when making my list. But thank you for keeping an eye out! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Last edited: May 20, 2020
    Meek1 likes this.
  5. Square_peg

Square_peg Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Tremendous! I love the sod roller and the lamp. Both very steampunk.

The roller reminds me of an old joke. One day I came home from work at a landscaping job.

My wife asked, "what did you do today?"

"I laid sod," I replied.

"That bitch again? I thought I told you to stay away from her!"

6. npace

npace

Oct 24, 2019
    The same can be said when I’m running a trackhoe at work “laying pipe” haha.

Square_peg likes this.
  7. Miller '72

Miller '72

Jul 25, 2017
    Mail Call!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cruiser
    :cool:

8. Travbud1

Travbud1

Aug 7, 2015
    Another great score Miller! Cruisers are my favorite pattern, though I've yet to find a Plumb. I look forward to seeing it cleaned up!

Hairy Clipper, Meek1 and Yankee Josh like this.
  9. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    [​IMG]
    Colombian machete assortment from sportsman's guide.
    Gave the tapanga away already, and I only really plan to keep the 14"er and the billhook. I've tried it and don't like the large panga so it'll go to another neighbor or something.

10. Meek1

Meek1

Aug 11, 2019
    Are you posting on each subject today? Did acquire a collection this week? Keep them coming, I'm making popcorn. This is getting good!! Sweet cruiser man! Happy for you!

11. Miller '72

Miller '72

Jul 25, 2017
    Hee hee!:D

I have discovered the hard way...Covid19 is taking its toll out on the USPS, hitting certain areas of the country harder, limiting transportation and personnel.
    Patience is all thats required...and a little optimism.
    I Have Neither lol!!!

12. crbnSteeladdict

crbnSteeladdict

Jul 31, 2017
    Three years ago JB kept finding weirdly shaped handles. Top of the pic axe with black tape and the one underneath Rockaway axe are just few examples of those handles.
    Have I, by accident, stumbled on possible explanation for those peculiar hafts? This handle looks commercially made to me.
    [​IMG]
    https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/excellent-ship-builders-mast-makers-2003563597
    I believe the seller was wrong calling it a Masting axe and it is actually New England pattern.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    https://archive.org/details/DouglasAxeMfgCoCatalogue1873/page/n71/mode/2up

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  13. phantomknives

phantomknives

Mar 31, 2016
    [​IMG]
    had to set up an appointment to come to an estate sale, it was worth it though. my favorite find is the screwdriver

14. Miller '72

Miller '72

Jul 25, 2017
    That is one really cool H.D.S. & Co score!!
    I do need to find an H.D.S. & Co tool or even auto tool kit would be cool.

Great score PK!

15. phantomknives

phantomknives

Mar 31, 2016
    Thank you!

Miller '72 likes this.
  16. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    First post-virus flea market offered up a decent day over the weekend. I carried 3 hatchets home including this very red one. Underneath the paint was a pleasant surprise.
    [​IMG]

17. jblyttle

jblyttle

Sep 3, 2014