it's been a trying month

hi all! been missing you guys.
july was a tough one. it started out with being asked for a divorce. out of the blue. i thought things were a bit better but guess i was wrong.
that's the good news.
a few days later i got a call from my mom, she'd been diagnosed with ovarian cancer. i flew down to bradenton, fl on a day's notice to be with her for the surgery. it was successful but they found it on her lymph nodes and maybe lung as well. she starts chemo in a week.
please pray for my mama.
thank you all.
jody

ps if any of you know anything about divorce law in new jersey please pm me.

on_the_edge

Gold Member
Ugghhhh! You weren't kidding.

Smoke going up for you and your family from AZ. Stay strong.

Sorry to hear your news, prayers and best wishes to you.

If you need to 'hide' your knife collection I will buy it for $1 so she can't get her hands on half of them.

More smoke up from AZ, Jody! Blessings for your mom and for you as well!

Saying a prayer for you and your mother Jody.

I'm very sorry to hear the bad news.

Sorry to hear this Jody!!

Our prayers for Mama's speedy recovery:thumbup:

Jody, Prayers sent for you & your mom. I have beaten ovarian cancer twice, so if you have any questions, just PM or e-mail me! The chemo treatments for ovarian cancer have come so far in the past few years. Tell your mom to stay hydrated and eat when she can. Keeping your protien level up is important.

Keep us posted, and try to keep your chin up on that other issue!!

Hang in there, hog brother!!

Well my dad use to tell me that "at times you know it can only get better."

I hope it gets a lot better for you.

Tony G

Smoke up, Voracious. Sorry to hear about the difficulties, brother. Divorce is tough, but a sick mom is a LOT tougher. My little sis is doing a big lymphoma/leukemia run next weekend. 13 miles, and she collected 2000$ in donations for cancer research. Hopefully you'll find that the advances have made things easier for chemo patients...especially concerning ovarian cancer patients.

If you were a bit further south, I would have offered to link up and hang for a few.

Jody,

Sorry to hear this for you man.

Thougts and prayers to you brother.

If you need anything, you've got the number.

Mike

Man, that is a tough month. Sorry to hear that, Jody. All best wishes for your Mom and here's hoping your life path soon takes a positive turn.

Will