It's The End Of The World What Custom Knife Would You Grab ( Happy Halloween :) )

I owe this thread to Doug C.

He suggested the premise in another thread that I had showed this knife in.

Good idea Doug :)

We see these types of threads in the other forums but I guess folks just think the custom crowd is just a bit to stuffy. Lets show them we are not :)

Nobody loves knives IMHO like the customs crowd. We covet them....hoard them ....... even stock pile them.......and to a lot of us they have become a huge part of our lives.

So why not have a little Halloween fun :)

I know that some of the finest cutlery to ever exist lies with some of you folks. Behind glass and steel, locked up from the world.........only to be admired by a few.

Everyone's got there own idea of what the end of the world will be. So there will be no set premise. It could be that the country has fallen under some type of attack.....chemical , nuclear etc.

It could be the water supplies are contaminated and hoards of people are flocking out of the cities pillaging , raping , looting etc.

Kinda Mad Maxish

Or in honor of Halloween and the new season of The Walking Dead it could be a Zombie Apocalypse. ( I can just picture Bob Betzner skewering a Zombie thru the head with a Warenski Main Gauche :) or Kevin Jones Swinging a big Ivory handled Fisk Bowie. The possibilities are endless and in most of these threads started on the Internet the greatest custom steel is left out. So come on boys in the spirt of Halloween and the kid in all of us join in and have fun

So for my premise ( remember each of you can have your own and I encourage it ) no matter if its hoards of scavengers or Zombies i have a problem. I live in the most densely populated part of the country and although I'm kinda rural I am surrounded by major cities. So the holding up and defending no matter how well I'm fortified is not going to work. I have a large family and I believe the best course of action for me would be to pack everyone up dogs and all ( I'm gonna need them :) ) and head north. Roger ill pick ya up on the way :) sourcing clean food and water as I go.

I'd pack light and stay mobile...... can't let anything slow ya down. I'd load my big H 1 up with food, water and extra fuel ( remember there's a lot of home heating oil tanks out there I can siphon and keep my diesel running. )

I can feed myself with a slingshot but for large game and defense ya want firearms and steel.

For me

Assault rifle M 4 or Socom

12 gauge Benelli M1

Pistol 45 acp

Suppressed 308 Bolt Action rifle

22 rifle

As much ammo as I have stockpiled :) (pretty much)

Of course I'd bring my trusty recurve bow for silent hunting

I've always said if you can feed yourself with a bow or slingshot you will do fine with a gun :)

There's a Hudson Bay axe in my Hummer for when your off road and your chain saws out of gas.

But for that one main knife ......... Hmmmm........... If there is Zombies or crowds of people you have to move thru a sword is always a neat thing to have, and in this case with out a doubt I would pick one of my Hartsfield Katana's

But for that one knife to carry on my person I would want it to be easily portable .... Fast in the hand but able to deliver one shot killing strokes. Something that would lend itself to cleaving a zombie head in half but equally adept at survival in a wilderness setting.

For that knife and believe me I love my Bowies it would have to be the knife that started the idea for this whole thread.

My Knight Combat Khukuri with P Long Apocolypse sheath

Truly an end of days blade

delete006.jpg

2010-08-16195314.jpg

So lets see um and hear your horror stories. Happy Halloween :)

Last edited:
This always was one of my favorites for lookin' mean. Besides, you can club someone to death with it, too - 3/8" stock. And super sharp all the way 'round from top to bottom.

xlarge.jpg

Last edited:
This one is my all time fav. It has a very thin blade, light weight, fast in hand and scary sharp!
Double Edge Bowie - Ossic & Black Wood. Maker - Todd Davison
( sorry for the crappy photo)

Happy Halloween ya all!

db_bl_o.jpg

well, Joe, I can see you would have a problem off the top. You would not be able to pick up Roger as you would not make it across the border with that arsenal of guns so just either stop in Buffalo and go to a football game as there is no hockey to be had or just bring your Bow, Katana and Kukuri and enough diesel so you don't get charged with theft when you arrive as more than likely, you would be mistaken for one of those zombies.

I do have a lot of choices but I think I'd package up a bunch of them to sell or trade for things I might need as things go from bad to worse as the hordes head north but there are a couple I might just have strapped to my belt at all times including

Karl Anderson --
orig.jpg

Dave Ruana --
orig.jpg

End or the world... hmmm...

Then I grab my Viking Sword, made by Alex Salsi!

IMG_2620.jpg

Kind regards,

Jos

Mine would be Shane Siberts (Quest For Fire) bowie:cool:

Attachments

• shanesibert-1.jpg
    shanesibert-1.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 98
For me it would be dragons coming back to life again (think Reign of Fire with Christian Bale and Matthew Whatyoumightcallhim) and to stay in theme I would go for this Doubleheaded Dragon Tanto (that once was in my collection). It is hefty, sharp and you can also club a dragon on the head with it.

xlarge.jpg

Marcel

Leaving my Busse's out of this thread as it could be argued that even the customs are based off production blanks, it would have to be...

...My RJ Martin Black Bird. It is certainly sharp enough to easily qualify. :)
RJ_Martin-Vanguard_BlackBird.jpg

Joe, that's a great arsenal, I just hope you don't run out of fuel for that guzzler, because humping all that gear on your back would be painful indeed. :D

My choice would be something that is large enough to do serious damage but still light enough to carry without too much trouble. As the apocalypse is in full swing, concealment wouldnt be an issue so I would definitely opt for this Fowler Rebel Fighter. 9 1/4 inches of differentially tempered W2 and sharp as a laser!

Fowler_100606B-web.jpg

Well, I suppose this being a Halloween showing I should break out an oldie but goodie.

Minotaur - all dressed up for a fancy black tie Halloween soiree!
8" of O1 steel with Blackwood and moose antler.

peterknife34.jpg

peterknife14.jpg

peterknife18.jpg

-Peter

fun thread Joe,

one for each hand?
it would hurt to get stabbed by this MF
large.jpg
large.jpg
large.jpg
large.jpg
large.jpg

That's the spirit guys

Murray

everyone knows in the end there will be no governments or border patrols lol :)

I've got to go with my Bagwell HB and Ruger Vaquero. Regardless of scenario I trust these two items not to fail. Might not be the most tactical around but very dependable.
100_2579.jpg

100_2575.jpg

Joe...

Tough call for me, but in light of the gist of this thread and only being able to show 1 blade... at this time it would be my DesRosiers Chopper... 'course I'd have to take a smaller blade for day-to-day chores, but this one should do the trick for any Zombies or survival chopping duties that needs to be done.

DeRoseirChopper14.jpg

DeRoseirChopper15.jpg

DeRoseirChopper13.jpg

of course my decision would be made more difficult when my big chopper f/ Wheeler shows up later this week. Guess I'd have to strap one on all the family members so I could have more options... :)

Think two feet long - from the collection and with the permission of Ed Wormser, the Warenski Khukri. I would have the Scimitar in one hand and this one in the other. Too heavy to clamp between my teeth (ARGHHH!!).

orig.jpg

Think two feet long - from the collection and with the permission of Ed Wormser, the Warenski Khukri. I would have the Scimitar in one hand and this one in the other. Too heavy to clamp between my teeth (ARGHHH!!).

orig.jpg

Bob, that hook is perfect for pulling out the entrails of those pesky zombies........that'll teach them.

Marcel

Arrgh, Bob, just WOW ! :cool:

Pretty cool thread but you have that backwards, Joe. :)
I certainly owe YOU. (Among other things for hooking me up with those awesome Jason Knight blades).

Marcus Lin's first comp cutter(5160).

P1030692.jpg

Doug

Back