It's The End Of The World What Custom Knife Would You Grab ( Happy Halloween :) )

So much awesome in this thread. :) I wanna play!

I don't own many knives from other folks, so pardon me putting up my own.

For practicality, a bush sword:

willowleafsheath1.jpg

For style, the Brothers of Aggression:

family.jpg

And for smaller work, a primal/tactical warfighter, with Micarta:

both.jpg

you oughta get some of your blades to the movie honches, they are a perfect fit for the topic at hand, and such a weirdly popular topic it is, but if there's money to be made then have at er I say.

I don't have a custom tomahawk to post but honestly I would probably grab my Vec hawk first in an apocalyptic scenario. Perfect light weight tool and great weapon. It would only be lacking in a dueling situation against faster weapons. Bring on the hawk project I say:thumbup:

Hawk project

Wheels are turning :)

you oughta get some of your blades to the movie honches, they are a perfect fit for the topic at hand, and such a weirdly popular topic it is, but if there's money to be made then have at er I say.

I agree :)

I would have loved to have made Chris Redfield's knife for Resident Evil: Afterlife. I probably would have done it without charge if only they would guarantee it would see screen time and credit me. They gave him a generic machete that never leaves its sheath instead. :( That's what I get for not knowing anyone in Hollywood or even knowing the movie was in the works until it was in theaters.

End of the world... ,Zombies,Gouls...or Vampires and not enough ammunition for your .45!!!!
Joe,i believe that i find what i need to give peace to all.......and for survive.
the last knife from Sam.......the Maximus!!!!
maximusr.jpg

End of the world... ,Zombies,Gouls...or Vampires and not enough ammunition for your .45!!!!
Joe,i believe that i find what i need to give peace to all.......and for survive.
maximusr.jpg

This knife is fantastic and I have been waiting to see finished pics

This is an example of why I believe Sam to be in a league that is shared by very few

Wonderful powerful creation

Congrats :)

Figured I should add these.

cas4.jpg

maximusr.jpg

WOW!! :eek::eek:

I think just SHOWING those BADASS blades would cause zombies to make a hasty retreat!!

Not a custom, but does anyone remember the Al Mar Pathfinder? That would also have been a good candidate.

Stuart, I don't remember, "Maximus" remained in Belgium with Fred, but I know that Sam prefers against them "Top Clip hollow" that down to zero.

I can answer you while waiting for a response from Sam or Fred...;)

Norbert

Small correction for a bad translation: Flat ground..

Last edited:
There's certainly solid precedent for the use of the khukuri in an anti-zombie application:

standard.jpg

Ya, but just the sight of me in booty shorts and stockings and garters is usually enough to re kill the undead!

Unfortunately, I was not in a financial position to take advantage of the excellent current batch of Knight kuks that Joe was pimping. If it had happened a few weeks earlier, I might have had to (but then I would have been scrambling now, to replace those funds that are earmarked for my first custom slip joint, and a full tang hawk). I never like being in the position where I have to sell other toys to make sure I can cover the new ones. I prefer to move things along before committing to anything so I never place my self in a bind, or inconvenience any one else!

I have no custom choppers. But I am well prepared for the Z-apocalypse. Guns, Ammo, and more importantly, Sword (very stout bastard sword), handful of axes (I have a 6'4" pole axe for "open ground work", two handed double half moon axe with 18 inch bits, single hand spike hawk on a 34 inch handle, and 3 hawks for trowing and tight work). Heavy leather covered bossed shield helps if using one of the one handed weapons.

I also have a few production choppers, including a 12 inch bladed Kuk, with a guard that are ideal end of world choppers.

Last edited:
Ya, but just the sight of me in booty shorts and stockings and garters is usually enough to re kill the undead!

Unfortunately, I was not in a financial position to take advantage of the excellent current batch of Knight kuks that Joe was pimping. If it had happened a few weeks earlier, I might have had to (but then I would have been scrambling now, to replace those funds that are earmarked for my first custom slip joint, and a full tang hawk). I never like being in the position where I have to sell other toys to make sure I can cover the new ones. I prefer to move things along before committing to anything so I never place my self in a bind, or inconvenience any one else!

I have no custom choppers. But I am well prepared for the Z-apocalypse. Guns, Ammo, and more importantly, Sword (very stout bastard sword), handful of axes (I have a 6'4" pole axe for "open ground work", two handed double half moon axe with 18 inch bits, single hand spike hawk on a 34 inch handle, and 3 hawks for trowing and tight work). Heavy leather covered bossed shield helps if using one of the one handed weapons.

I also have a few production choppers, including a 12 inch bladed Kuk, with a guard that are ideal end of world choppers.

Like I have said many times ..... I wish everyone that wanted one of the Khukuri could have gotten one but to be realistic with delivery time and quality only so many could be made.

We have plans for more than a few projects that are going to be jaw droppers......so stay tuned and eventually we will do another Khukuri project.

We are on the cusp of doing something very few Master Smiths are doing and that's putting out seriously thought out pieces that will excel in a medium from precision to performance. Exciting limited run projects that will be on the cutting edge of performance and aesthetics

Jason is coming into his stride and these steps will be hard to replicate.

On the shield note I have been playing with steel and leather Buckler's and to be honest armed with a good Bowie or properly done fighting Khukuri I would not be frightened of anyone as long as it was not a gun

That means from sword to base ball bat . Give me a great Bowie or Khukuri and a good Buckler and I'm not to worried

Tomorrow I will try to take some pics of a good Bowie / Buckler & Khukuri / Buckler combo's

All these are made by a chinese blademaster Alvin Lee,the very impressived knife is“chiropter”
1.jpg
[/IMG]

Back