January 2019 Buck of the Month - Released

Tecate

Gold Member
Buck 501 Squire stag handle, nickel silver bolsters, and S35VN steel.
kzHG3hf.jpg

Thanks for the heads up! I noticed they took last years off the page. Are they documented somewhere for history’s sake?

Has anyone gotten all of them?

I was going to try, but they got WAY to expensive. I added all of them up and it came to 3K +-...:eek::eek:

I'm passing on this one for the same reason. A little larger knife would have been better...

I already have a 501 stag that I got from C&C. Very nice knife, but far less expensive than this one. The only difference is the blade steel.

If you were to build your own through their Custom Knife Shop program. By the time you add their best available option of the S30V steel and the upcharge for the elk horn scales you are only like $16.50 away from the this BOTM offering. I figured the pine box and the BOTM certificate took me the rest of the way to justifying my purchase. :)

There is a complete set for $2300.00 or so available but that is the only set I've seen.

That's a beautiful knife. The 501 is one of my favorites as a secondary blade.

Pricey, yes, but I caved and ordered one before they are all gone. Only 5 left.....

Again it’s not for me, but I’m glad I had the chance at it. Seems they’re releasing just enough each month.

When the program started a figured they’d sell out instantly and only insiders would have a shot. Glad I was wrong. Hard to believe it’s been a year already.

Yep , saw it and passed. I built on in the custom shop with s30v instead of the 35
Was 143.00
If it was a knife I really like I would have jumped on it but a 501 too me is just to small.

Being my favorite model I'da liked to have gotten it but that's a little much. I hope they were all as nice looking as the photo as that is a really nice example of stag.

Back