January 2019 Buck of the Month - Released

0501STSSH-B__03864.1527203136.1280.1280.jpg

If you didn't get the BOM January 2019, check this out on a leading retailer for less than than the BOTM price by 60. Evidently, I am not allowed to say the retailer or the price since I am no longer a Gold Member.

Last edited:
The blade is the sweet spot on the BOTM. This CC one is just an everyday model. Stag 55 isn't rare,

The blade is the sweet spot on the BOTM. This CC one is just an everyday model. Stag 55 isn't rare,
Stag 501..

Everything is the same except the blade. Personally, I don’t think that the S35VN is worth $60 increase in price, but to each your own. The regular steel on a small knife is good for me considering the likely use of the knife.

Stag 501..

Everything is the same except the blade. Personally, I don’t think that the S35VN is worth $60 increase in price, but to each your own. The regular steel on a small knife is good for me considering the likely use of the knife.

Limited build, s35vn and a pine box. All made in the USA.
January’s Buck of the Month is the 501 Squire - a classic pocket knife. Equipped with a satin finished S35VN stainless steel blade and a genuine stag handle with nickel silver bolsters, this version of the 501 Squire will surely go quickly. This knife and every Buck of the Month is exclusive to Buckknives.com.

Only 150 knives produced
Includes a Certificate of Authenticity
Distressed Leather Sheath
Pine Box
Made in the USA
BLADE SHAPE:
Drop Point
BLADE THICKNESS:
0.110"
BLADE LENGTH:
3" (7.6 cm)
WEIGHT:
4.6 oz (130.4 g)
HANDLE:
Stag with Nickel Silver Bolsters
CARRY SYSTEM:
Sheath
ORIGIN:
Made in the USA

It is already sold out. All Buck 501’s are exclusive to Buck!

All gone. Yes, there are several other options. Good options too! Most people have a knife budget. Half the people in this thread decided this one cost to much or cost too much at this time and passed.
We are all different. Some buy to use, some buy to look at, some buy to sell. It's all good.

Buck should not have moved last years BOTM knives off the site. That was kind of a promotional tool. At least link it to a side page.

It is already sold out. All Buck 501’s are exclusive to Buck!
"This knife and every Buck of the Month is exclusive to Buckknives.com"
In other words they are not sold through there distributors.

There is some contradictory info on the specs of it though.
The 501 blade is 2.75", the spec shows 3"
The weight is 3 oz, the spec shows 4.6
How did they get that wrong?

"This knife and every Buck of the Month is exclusive to Buckknives.com"
In other words they are not sold through there distributors.
Does this also mean David Nowlin must use the internet to make his purchase rather than call Buck directly like he normally does? :p

Hey where is David Nowlin? Not one post here? o_O

I like the shieth too! A 503 'Prince' was the only knife I carried for years but since it was so small I never thought or even considered a shieth. What really intrigues me is the S35VN steel in this size knife. For light use will it make a difference?

Back