January 2021 Buck of the Month - 722 154CM Solid Copper Handle

Thanks guys.

We'll see how the patina works out.

....recently I have been able to upload photos without having to downsize them. So the details show up a little better.
I guess the folks here at BF have somehow made this possible.... Thanks!!!

I'm curious how the patina has progressed of some of your knives.
We should start a "copper patina" thread here in awhile, tho there are some sprints out there that have been around awhile.

That looks good JB.
I like the variations in color.
Is that just from normal handling?
thanks. yeah but mainly the side sitting against my leg inside the pocket. I sweat a lot and its getting salt exposure to it. the other side is a different patina. more a copperish brown color. ill post both sides tonight. the lighting in the pic changes the colors. so it will look a bit different tonight when I take pics.

Thanks JB.
Looks good.
There's more patina there in a month than I would have guessed.
It will be interesting to see the differences over time when folks post pics in the future.

Unfortunately, mine is sitting on a shelf in a display case
I don't dare carry anything cool to work so my nice stuff gets very little use.
I'd rather carry it..... oh well.
Thanks again.

I had to force a heat patina. I couldn't get a knife to rust or develop a patina if I wanted to. Lol. I keep all my knives in their sheaths and literally nothing happens.

Over a year later... Lets see some patina pics. Mine has been kept in its box, but I took it out a few months ago and it was a horrible brown color. I cleaned it with a lemon and salt... a few moths later it is beginning to show blue/red patina. I am an electrician, so I have a quirky relationship with copper. Can't wait to see what it looks like in 20 years.

I have a green g10 with bronze blade. it is my everday carry and work knife. I love how light it is even compared to the al 722s. Ive been putting a 20 degree edge on it with a Lansky guide. Admittedly I abuse it. It comes into contact with steel, concrete, abrasive dust... it currently has a slight roll over that I need to address. still cuts vynil, plastic, rope, twine, rubber, wood and pretty much anything else better than any other knife Ive taken to work over the years.... previously used sogs, klein, victorinox, gerber. I really like those micarta scales... wish they were still available on their site....

Back