Joe Allen Knives

;)IM hoping to further expose my work to more Blade Folks, so heres my new thread on my latest work which I will post if an after they are sold. Thanks for looking: Comments an Questions will be answered. Feel free to ask or comment on any aspect of knife making or whatever?? This is a Ivory handled Copperhead with hand sanded blades to 1000 grit. Stainless bolsters -nickel silver pins on the Ivory , has a Bushing in the pivot area. Nice clean knife with about a 4 on the opening pull. Thanks for looking. Joe

Attachments

• DSCN3876.jpg
    DSCN3876.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 385
  • DSCN3888.jpg
    DSCN3888.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 319
  • DSCN3877.jpg
    DSCN3877.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 327
  • DSCN3879.jpg
    DSCN3879.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:
Nice looking knife, Joe! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work. That one has ivory covers, right?

Very nice. I like that you have two very different clip blades on it. :)

PMEW, these type or style blades are pretty much the standard type that come on most Copperheads that I have ever seen or had. But they both look good an are useful, so someone a long time ago had a good idea with this knife.

I especially like the (I hope I get this right) hidden or sunken joints. The tang of the blade is not exposed to catch on fabric or fingers when riding in your pocket.

I like that your blade profiles have a bit of uniqueness to them. I would almost call it a copperhead sowbelly. Great work.

Joe,
your knives surely fit in here ;) I saw this knife for sale (it was already sold, actually) and really liked it. Have you ever made a single bladed version of the same pattern?

Fausto
:cool:

Wow, that looks great. Want to see more!

Thanks everyone for the comments, Im really surprised so many like it. I showed it to Tony an Reese today at there shop an they said it was very good an not bad at all. When the Old Dog tells you that, then you know you are starting to gain some ground in the slip joint business. To answer Quarttro's question : This is the first one of this type I have ever made so no I haven't made a one blade yet , but It would be a sweet looking an practical design if I did do it with one blade. IM not sure if the joints are sunken or if the bolster is just higher on the one side, You decide that one , I really don't know what is the correct answer. Thanks for the comments. Joe

Hi Brothers & Sisters of the Blade: Here is a first for me, Its a Peanut sized knife (Ulster Pattern ) with a key chain attachment an screw driver with bottle opener in ATS-34 steel. It has real Stag an is for an Australian Customer. Thought you might enjoy looking it over. Of course I had to add the key chain attachment an make up a can opener pattern from an old fish knife pattern I had -then down size it to fit this small knife, lots of work in this little guy. Has a lighter snap in all three flush positions, I opened a bottle of Pepsi so opener works fine. Blade is 59 rockwell hardness an can opener is around 55-56. S:thumbup:DSCN4033.jpgprings are 50 rc.

Attachments

• DSCN4038.jpg
    DSCN4038.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 227
  • DSCN4022.jpg
    DSCN4022.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 203
  • DSCN4028.jpg
    DSCN4028.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 196
  • DSCN4030.jpg
    DSCN4030.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 141
I really like the Ivory Copperhead, do you use integral construction? Any positive comments out of
Wilfred Works is nothing to be taken lightly!

Jeff

Back