Joe Allen Knives

Thanks Jeff, concerning integral bolsters , I did a couple knives with them, but I usually do solder between bolsters an liners. Wilfred Works does solder an it seems to be working ok for me also.

Wow. Great looking work Joe. Really like the copperhead and the skinner. The peanut is very cool and creative too. I have never seen a maker take that on like you have. Someone had a great idea for such a useful knife in a small package and it looks like you pulled it off beautifully.

Last edited:
Thanks Trey an Bastid, little knives are harder to make then bigger ones, Ask Tony Bose an he'll say the same thing. Just wanted to give the length dimensions on the peanut size knife. The closed length from tip of front bolster to tip of rear bolster is 2 7/8". From tip of front bolster to end of key holder is 3 1/4" long an the opened length from key holder end to tip of clip blade is 5 1/2" .

Joe just wanted to say that the peanut turned out exceptional! Love the stag on it and the design looks great. Look forward to seeing the next one!
God bless,

Wow, I really like that. Very innovative design, with the integral keychain loop and the opener.

Great looking piece!

Thanks Gentlemen for the comments an questions about the peanut sized knife. You can Thank Matt009au for the design & idea behind the key chain knife.

Your Welcome KYenglish, I'm currently working on another straight knife like the one posted in here. Will post it next week , it has some variation in the handle make up compared to the one posted here.

Your Welcome KYenglish, I'm currently working on another straight knife like the one posted in here. Will post it next week , it has some variation in the handle make up compared to the one posted here.

can't wait to see that one either :) I've been looking at peanut knives a lot lately and I've always liked the extra function on some traditionals to, so it hit me right where I was looking if that makes sense :)

That peanut is awesome. It would be the perfect watch pocket knife with a little piece of leather on the end to leave hanging out to assist in pulling the knife out of your pocket.

Thanks Mike B. & Justin , Good idea Justin on that watch pocket with leather string. Even a nice Gold Chain would be nice even when wearing jeans.

DSCN4056.jpgDSCN4048.jpgDSCN4040.jpg:thumbup:DSCN4053.jpgDSCN4058.jpg HI everyone, Just finished this little beauty while ago an would love you to see it. IT's basically an 3/16" CPM-154 steel blade heat treated with cold treatment to an final 59 -60 RC. Heavy brass guard with big finger groove an the handle is Deer antler with leather spacers an between the brass spacers is Exhibition Desert Iron Wood spacers , I noticed the crack in the leather sheath after I took the pictures, I soaked in in Neetsfoot oil an stained it. Will put shoe polish on it tomorrow, If the leather ever got worse I told the customer to send it back for free repair or replacement, But I believe
it will last many years to come.

Joe, the knives are looking good. Nice idea on the peanut lanyard hole. Stop by Wilfred sometime on a Saturday morning or early afternoon so I can meet you.

Thanks Kerry I was on Blade forums now looking for that knife ( peanut ) to send pic's of it to my cousin in Florida who hasn't seen any of my work. Id like to visit the Wilfred works an meet you , I was there a couple month's ago.

Back