1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

July BOTM??

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by bucksway, Jul 16, 2019.

1. BuckShack

BuckShack Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2015
    It's a nice knife. I would have purchased one. I would not have sold it. I would have enjoyed holding it and looking at it. I would not have used it. Nice pictures.

2. DOGPOUND77

DOGPOUND77 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2017
    its nice---it is a 105--love the handle---but for me if it was a 119 or 124 or 905 that would get me goin--I like the big burly mountain man bowie knives.

3. Lesknife

Lesknife Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 31, 2018
    This is one I would have left in a display case. I was disappointed for a while but now that I’ve had time to think about it it’s probably better I didn’t get one as I’m now thinking of getting a 105 with s30v or s35vn if ever they make one. And As a user I’d rather have a not as pretty handle in micarta or rosewood. :cool::)

DOGPOUND77 and jbmonkey like this.
  4. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Good on you, that has got to be a lot of work

DOGPOUND77 and jbmonkey like this.
  5. eveled

eveled Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Wow! That is impressive. Congrats Craig.

Makael, DOGPOUND77 and jbmonkey like this.
  6. DOGPOUND77

Sep 4, 2017
    thank you ed---

it has been a ton of work over the years...dam im old preston!!!:p:D:D:D:D:thumbsup:

pjsjr and jbmonkey like this.
  7. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    I know you not near as old as I'm...you're just working to hard. You just have to believe that it's going to pay off in the end.

jbmonkey and DOGPOUND77 like this.
  8. DOGPOUND77

Sep 4, 2017
    I do believe!!!!! you are right my friend!!!!!:):thumbsup::cool:

pjsjr and jbmonkey like this.
  9. bucksway

bucksway Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 7, 2007
    I wonder if Buck ever considered a subscription for the BOTM..

jbmonkey and Makael like this.
  10. eveled

eveled Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Ruger used to do that. You got the same serial number each time they came out with a new model. Big commitment financially.

Would you commit to buying every BOM no matter what it was and no matter what the cost?

DOGPOUND77, jbmonkey and Makael like this.
  11. bucksway

bucksway Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 7, 2007
    Honestly I don't think I would..Most of my Buck bucks go to 112's and not many were over $100.00 my cost..I wait for bargains but if I had the resources..yes.

jbmonkey and eveled like this.
  12. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    Good looking knives

DOGPOUND77, jbmonkey and eveled like this.
  13. BuckShack

Jul 19, 2015
    They should make another batch in S30V. That would fix the oversell situation and satisfy those that didn't get one. Also more profit for the business.

jbmonkey likes this.
  14. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    ^ in cpm154

bucksway, Lesknife and BuckShack like this.
  15. DOGPOUND77

Sep 4, 2017
    the factory works on a schedule and they just cant throw 150 knives made of s30v into the mix to satisfy the botm program--it just aint gonna happen that way that easy---then august botm would be pushed to September and right on down the line---there would be other customers complaining about there product not making delivery on time-----right!!!! also the price would probably go up 250 dollars and how many guys are gonna jump at that price????

jbmonkey likes this.
  16. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    I’d love to have had one myself, but it’s only another knife (a very cool one). There has to be another 100,000 or so Buck Knives out there to pursue - so get after ‘em men! Respectfully, OH

17. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    IMG_20190720_011607_334.jpg IMG_20190720_011519_478.jpg IMG_20190720_011506_841.jpg

JSutter, pjsjr, jmh33 and 8 others like this.
  18. jbmonkey

Jun 9, 2011
    its just wish list stuff Craig. no one really expects it to happen.

BuckShack, Lesknife and DOGPOUND77 like this.
  19. BuckShack

Jul 19, 2015
    Wouldn't have to be BOTM or ahead of anything else. Put it on the schedule. And if they did oversell, put those people at the top of the list. Anyway, it's a nice knife that would sell again. It's patriotic. I doubt it would sit on any shelf for long at any price.

So, I get an email from Buck this morning. "Look Again". Clicked on the link... still unavailable. HA!

JSutter and Lesknife like this.
  20. jbmonkey

Jun 9, 2011
    yep. their software. love that. gets ya excited but it's for regular stock stuff ya looked at and didnt buy.