1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

just bought my first benchmade

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by SilentJohn, Mar 30, 2012.

1. SilentJohn

SilentJohn

Feb 11, 2008
    well i have been talking to a few of you guys for the last few days looking for a benchmade. i was eying down the BM warn barrage but i heard the tanto design isn't executed properly on it so i went with one benchmade i know is tough as nails. i would like to send a big thanks res1cue for pointing me in the best direction to this awesome knife

the becnhmade 275 adamas by Shane Sibert ordered from GPKNIVES.COM for $125.75
    [​IMG]

i really think this might become my new edc displacing my years old cold steel ak47 with the ultra lock, i really love this knife and it will always have a place in my heart but the adamas is mostly likely a higher quality and its made in the usa

[​IMG]

2. DapperDan

DapperDan Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 3, 2009
    That's a really good price. I paid 165 for my black first production. Although I think it's a very nice knife, it is on the bulky side. To me it lends itself to using the sheath and wearing it on a belt.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  3. SilentJohn

SilentJohn

Feb 11, 2008
    I like my knives on the bulkier side and I was considering the black version but I went with the coyote brown because it's different and I only have 1 knife that doesn't have a black handle

4. ericvar101

ericvar101

Feb 24, 2012
    Nice, I have two Benchmades (Barrage and Mini Onslaught) and love em. definetly an upgrade from the cold steel.

5. cutter17

cutter17

May 16, 2006
    That is an excellent choice my friend! I have the all black and it has been in my pocket since the end of January. Never have I carried one knife this long, but the 275 is one I can't seem to keep out of my pocket. I have a 275SNBK coming tomorrow and figure it will see some pocket time also.

6. SilentJohn

SilentJohn

Feb 11, 2008
    that's the black serrated version right.

hmmm I really like the brown but maybe I should have got the black if it's better

7. res1cue

res1cue

Feb 2, 2010
    It was my pleasure silentjohn! I hope you enjoy this blade as much as I do

8. cutter17

cutter17

May 16, 2006

It's the sand handles and black blade....plain edge. I got the letters backwards, should be 275BKSN. Just got an email that it was shipped out and will be here tomorrow.:thumbup::)

9. JBK2596

JBK2596

Oct 7, 2010
    cool, i think the tan scales look great!
    post an update when you get it, i also had a CS AK-47 and have been consitering getting one.

10. SilentJohn

SilentJohn

Feb 11, 2008
    I just want to know if mine will have a silver stud axis like the picture I posted

11. Shawn B.

Shawn B.

Dec 1, 2007
    Congratulations on your new BM.

12. SilentJohn

SilentJohn

Feb 11, 2008
    thanks I am really excited

I would like to hear a review by someone who has beat on one a little

13. Szilard

Szilard

Mar 5, 2012
    Congratulations. Fantastic knife. I have one of the black first production ones - but I use it. I'm a big fan. Enjoy it.

14. Zookie

Zookie

Jan 26, 2012
    My first Benchmade was the Adamas as well.

Great folder, but one of my least carried blades I own just because of its bulky size. I do however carry it every time I go to the gun range or hike. A great heavy duty companion! for the price its hard to beat, it has a crazy smooth deployment and absolutely no blade play!

15. Renegade90

Renegade90

Mar 13, 2012
    Congratulations on the new knife! I think you will really like it. I have a few Benchmades and really love them...and most of the folks I know around here are carrying Benchmades on deployments too. Hope you enjoy it.

16. SilentJohn

SilentJohn

Feb 11, 2008
    great so i am in excellent company. i have wanted a benchmade for a while but never had the cash on hand so when i saw a opportunity arise i grabbed it and to be honest i am using this knife as a replacement since a douche verizon tech came to my house to hook up a new phone line and decided to help himself to my kershaw ET

but since i am getting this bad-boy i don't mind as much

17. texas gun person

texas gun person

Jun 9, 2010
    I have tried a Benchmade grip and mini grip. Ended up returning them both. Felt cheap in my opinion.

18. SilentJohn

SilentJohn

Feb 11, 2008
    well they say the griptillians have cheap handles

Im absolutely sure that the adamas won't feel cheap since it's overbuilt for military use

19. Jesse B.

Jesse B.

Oct 23, 2009
    That's because the Griptilian's handles are hollow plastic. The Adamas has solid G10 handles, and though I haven't handled one I would imagine they don't feel cheap.

20. SilentJohn

SilentJohn

Feb 11, 2008
    exactly when I knife has heft it won't feel cheap