1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Just wanted to let the folks at SOG know....

Discussion in 'SOG Specialty Knives' started by 3Guardsmen, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waynejitsu

waynejitsu

Oct 1, 2002
    I will not stoop to your level, just post the facts since you do not seem to know them..., AGAIN.

Post from Jean, Bob Lum's wife-

Quote:
    Hello to all:
    As Bob Lum's widow, I am the owner of all his designs. I hope to always maintain the integrity and legacy of my late husband and his beautiful work.....of coarse I am very biased.

As for the SOG saber tip type folder, yes that looks like a Lum design....do you think I'm getting royalty checks? Fat chance...... and I would never do anything about it because that was not Bob's way, as many of you know.

But what comes around, goes around or whatever that saying is.

Jean(quote)

2. mat_890

mat_890

Mar 19, 2010
    An email supposedly from Bob Lum's widow in which she states that she believes she has been ripped off by sog is not a fact. Its a damn shame if its true and she does indeed feel this way but other then that its worthless.

Bob Lum does not, will not, and can not own exclusive rights to a slight curve on a knife handle and maybe a tacticool looking blade. Sog ripped off a few company's, oh well but they did not rip off Bob Lum

3. snorkem

snorkem

Aug 12, 2009
    Where are the mods when you need them?! i have seen multiple infractions so far

4. all hood allen

all hood allen

Aug 15, 2010
    +1 on that.

this thread turned hateful.:thumbdn:

someone needs to report.

5. SPXTrader

SPXTrader

Dec 26, 2006
    How to report a post:

[​IMG]

6. mat_890

mat_890

Mar 19, 2010
    This thread turned hateful?:confused::confused:

This thread has been nothing but hateful from post #1. I think its amazing Sog lets it continue considering the bashing just seems to get worse and worse.

I'm willing to bet a lot of other company's would have close the thread immediately.

7. waynejitsu

waynejitsu

Oct 1, 2002
    I believe YOU are the one they are talking about that needs to be reported. Look at your language, VERY FOUL and VULGUR

8. mat_890

mat_890

Mar 19, 2010
    I know who their talking about, but i'm not going aploigise for saying *gasp* the F word in a thread like this. I guess I offended you guys :rolleyes: Best you don't turn the television on after 9:30 If you think what I said was "VERY FOUL and VULGUR" your going to have a heart attack when South Park starts up again :D

I figured the filter would pick it up, but the fact remains bud...this thread has been nothing but hateful. I may have broken a rule (again why didn't the filter censor it??) but you sir crossed a moral line.

And you already reported me :yawn: it's a 1 point infraction.

9. all hood allen

all hood allen

Aug 15, 2010
    october 6th :thumbup:

it pisses me off how viacom did trey parker and matt stone on the whole muslim thing (eps 200 and 201), but that is for W&C. not here.

10. all hood allen

all hood allen

Aug 15, 2010
    and on the 'ripping off a widow' thing, look at kabar's fin blades (#5554)
    the guy had a great design...he would be happy it lives on.

11. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    Ok folks, you need to walk away from this thread if you can't handle the discussion in a civil and friendly manner. The same rules apply here, as they do in the rest of the site. I would suggest some of you take the time to read them.

There is no site filter, any filtering must be done by you.
    If a 1 pt infraction isn't enough for you, a more severe infraction can be arranged.

12. Chris@SOG

[email protected] Moderator Moderator

Oct 21, 2003
    I have been debating shutting this down for a while and it seems that now might be a good time as the conversation has now changed and is no longer being productive.

SOG has been more than kind to let this one go as long as it did. We did read this and are respectful of everyone's thoughts and opinions. We may not have agreed with some thoughts on this but felt it was only right to let people share and vent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.