Just wanted to let the folks at SOG know....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to purchase one of the Pentagon Elite II's, but not now. I won't support a company that blatantly copies another (or two). It's very disappointing.

-Tye

I had lots of older fixed blades from SOG (made in japan ) they used to be great , but they all discontinued and replaced with new Taiwan crap , and every year they making it worst and worst , this is sad. :thumbdn:

I've owned a couple knives made in Taiwan, and they are impeccable in quality, FF, and overall toughness. (Spyderco Sage models and the new Gayle Bradley). I hesitate to make blanket statements on the Taiwanese knifes, only because the above mentioned models have and continue to disprove that notion that "Taiwan is Crap".
Back to the topic at hand, I love my Seal Pup Elite, but I'm in agreement with most on here, I will not be a customer of this particular manufacturer in the future.

Knives made in Taiwan are not crap. The same thing was said
about Japanese knives at one point--I have more than a few
Taiwan-made blades that are fine products.

Unless, the people at SOG stop producing blatant knock offs and make some form of an apology, they've lost this customer for life. On top of this, anyone that asks me about SOG knives will hear exactly what I think about such low integrity behavior. All of my friends look to me to guide them in the right direction when it comes to knives. I'll make sure none of my friends will ever support SOG.

pic1.jpg

51-93-large.jpg

pic1.jpg

BM9501Rift2k9.jpg

It will be interesting to see what Chris has to say

Last edited:
I think I'm done too. I've got a few SOGs, and am dearly in love with several I haven't bought yet, but this is too much. Borrowing a single idea now and then is acceptable, if not appropriate, especially if it makes a better product, but this is just piggy-backing on another company's success. I don't want to support a company that does that habitually.

why all the hate guys? really, what do you want? they have a blade and a handle. if you don't like it, don't buy it. Are you pissed off because the stuff is from off shore? then buy local and don't bitch. are you mad because they changed the designs? consistency did wonders for cammillus. if you are having some self-righteous hissy fit that they are "copying" another companies knife, sit down, and let them deal with it. if spyerco cares, they will speak up, if not, whatever.
and knifedraw, did you file an internet subpoena? cause guess what, if he wants to, Chris doesn't have to say anything at all.

No hate involved, just dissapointment.
Like most of the members here, we have favourite manufactures, where we were always looking forward for what is coming up next. If we wouldn't, we'd have a single knife that would do for the rest of our lives or at least until it breaks or gets lost. And we wouldn't be on the forum.

Unless, the people at SOG stop producing blatant knock offs and make some form of an apology, they've lost this customer for life. On top of this, anyone that asks me about SOG knives will hear exactly what I think about such low integrity behavior. All of my friends look to me to guide them in the right direction when it comes to knives. I'll make sure none of my friends will ever support SOG.

pic1.jpg

51-93-large.jpg

pic1.jpg

BM9501Rift2k9.jpg

+1. Man I didn't know that it was THAT close.

Check out the new "SOG Tarantula" (aka Spydie!)

Shame on SOG, but it's a dog eat dog world and I guess they ran out of Vietnam-era bowies to reproduce. :rolleyes:

What is the Design team doing? And how did Spencer Fraser authorize such a production.

IMHO the designs for 2010 are nothing NEW cause we have seen the designs before. With some other brand/logo.

Two threads on the exact same topic, by the same original poster, at the same time -- both set ups. Why would SOG rush to comment on a bitch fest?

By the way, knifedraw, Chris does not hide. He's always willing to discuss issues. A little courtesy in return would be nice. AND THIS IS A LONG HOLIDAY WEEKEND! DO YOU EXPECT HIM TO INTERRUPT A FEW DAYS OFF TO LISTEN TO YOUR WHINING?

Two threads on the exact same topic, by the same original poster, at the same time -- both set ups.

"Set ups?":rolleyes:

I started one thread in SOG's forum, to voice my displeasure at their new knives that have very strong resemblance to Spyderco models. I started one thread in Spyderco's forum, which got moved to the General Discussion forum, to make them and fellow Spyderco enthusiats aware of the new SOG knives that have a very strong resemblance to Spyderco models.

I did the same thing, a few years back, posting in each respective manufacturer's forum when I found a website that was selling counterfeit CRK's, Bucks, Spyderco's, and Emersons. I'm passionate about knives, if you want to call that a "set up," be my guest!

I don't need your approval to call it a set up. Another thread started by someone else was worded less negatively and got a variety of responses, without the dogpiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back