K-BAR USMC Destruction Test Video

Completed: K-Bar USMC Destruction Test

Videos are posted on www.knifetests.com

I talk in this one giving some commentary along with the test.

Any questions ? Post or email.

The Strider BT is arriving this morning. I will do the test Friday night and will have it posted Saturday morning.

Enjoy the videos. They were made for you.

ok, I'll bite.....:D
have you tested any knives where you didn't have to use the "baton" to split the 4x4? Have any of them passed the ABS flex test? You didn't really comment in depth about the apparent edgeholding ability of the KaBar....to me, that is one of the most important parts. Have you considered adding Ed Fowler's rope cutting test early on in the process to test edgeholding ability? That would also give an idea of how easy the knife is to resharpen, which SHOULD be a big deal to anyone using a knife in the field. You won't always have a hi-tech diamond sharpener on hand.

ok, I'll bite.....:D
have you tested any knives where you didn't have to use the "baton" to split the 4x4? Have any of them passed the ABS flex test? You didn't really comment in depth about the apparent edgeholding ability of the KaBar....to me, that is one of the most important parts. Have you considered adding Ed Fowler's rope cutting test early on in the process to test edgeholding ability? That would also give an idea of how easy the knife is to resharpen, which SHOULD be a big deal to anyone using a knife in the field. You won't always have a hi-tech diamond sharpener on hand.

No I have not tested any knife spitting 4x4s not using a baton. Thats the way I
always spit wood in the field.
I performed cutting tests through out the video.I test the knife out of the box as is and see what it can endure.

Man, everything outside of the tang seemed to perform pretty well. Doesn't chop worth a darn, but not surprising for the size. Took a lot to break the tip, and the buttcap did it's job.

Very nice test :thumbup:

It looked like a good knife, but I always suspected those leather stacker handles had a weak point in the narrow tang.
Looking forward to the strider test!

there were actually quite a few reports on BF of failure at the tang on the old bird

With all of those knives tested which one do you think held up the best? IMHO the Bushman took the beating like a champ, really impressed the hell outta me.

With all of those knives tested which one do you think held up the best? IMHO the Bushman took the beating like a champ, really impressed the hell outta me.

So far the $16.95 Cold Steel Bushman held up the best.

great test but you need to test a cold steel san mai trail master or a sog tigershark.

I do have a SOG tiger shark and I may test it since I have never used it for anything else it is still in the box.

I would like to test the trail master it is expensive so it will have to be at a later date.

Man, everything outside of the tang seemed to perform pretty well. Doesn't chop worth a darn, but not surprising for the size. Took a lot to break the tip, and the buttcap did it's job.

Very nice test :thumbup:

The blade itself proved to be very tough it took a lot of flexing for the blade to snap.

Was it hard to flex in comparison to the other knives? I think the strength (resistance to bending) of the blade is worth commenting on as well as the flexibility. I'm sure the Bushman didn't require quite as much strength to flex as the thicker, harder knives did.

Interesting stuff. I didn't think the tang would bend like that and not break.

Was it hard to flex in comparison to the other knives? I think the strength (resistance to bending) of the blade is worth commenting on as well as the flexibility. I'm sure the Bushman didn't require quite as much strength to flex as the thicker, harder knives did.

Interesting stuff. I didn't think the tang would bend like that and not break.

Yes the blade was hard to flex You can hear me grunting when I applied the pressure. It took some energy to do this. The Bushman was much easer to flex then the others.After the bend in the tang it still had some life left in it before it gave.

I love these videos. Please consider testing a Scrap Yard Scrapper 6. I would love to see if you can break it.

I love these videos. Please consider testing a Scrap Yard Scrapper 6. I would love to see if you can break it.

Someone mentioned one earlier I looked on their website it looks like a good knife to test. I have added it to my list.

Thanks

Just finished watching the videos. Very impressive. Very hard to beat the Bushman. I was surprised to see the difference between the 2 Ka-bar knives. After all, they are made in the same factory from the same steel. I am looking forward to the next set.

Thanks.

Back