K-BAR USMC Destruction Test Video

Just finished watching the videos. Very impressive. Very hard to beat the Bushman. I was surprised to see the difference between the 2 Ka-bar knives. After all, they are made in the same factory from the same steel. I am looking forward to the next set.

Thanks.

The k-bar 14 1/4 is made from 1085 the USMC is made of 1095

The Bushman is the winner so far and it only cost me $16.95 I can take a beating. No doubt about it.

Strider BT test will post Saturday morning.

Compared to Cliff Stamps Scientific testing these tests are Barbaric but I have to admit that we are now seeing just how tough some of the 'Cheaper'knives really are !!!
I dare say, if you carry on with these tests,some of the more expensive knife companies will start to worry in case you pick one of theirs to test next !!!
Great Stuff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you purchasing these knives from out of your pocket to test them for everyone?

Where do you purchase them at if you dont mind me asking?

Noss4,
In other threads about your tests there was some discussion about hacking through concrete blocks. You answered with the situation of the SAR team freeing people from under rubble/debris.
OK.
But what's your "real life" equivalent of bending the blade with a wrench?

Noss4,
In other threads about your tests there was some discussion about hacking through concrete blocks. You answered with the situation of the SAR team freeing people from under rubble/debris.
OK.
But what's your "real life" equivalent of bending the blade with a wrench?

well lets see maybe jamming the blade into a door frame and using the pipe wrench to pry the door open. Police my use
this or again search and rescue.

Hi, I was just wondering if you could post some sort of summary for this review like you did for the last ones, for those of us without that fancy cable broadband internet. I'd love to watch the videos, but waiting half an hour for each one to load is a pain and it slows down everything else. Thank you.

Hi, I was just wondering if you could post some sort of summary for this review like you did for the last ones, for those of us without that fancy cable broadband internet. I'd love to watch the videos, but waiting half an hour for each one to load is a pain and it slows down everything else. Thank you.

Sorry to hear that. I will post a full summary soon. I will give you quickie for now.

show the knife
cutting tests
batoning test. the tang bends top guard bends cracks
cutting tests
chopping tests 2x4s
move onto stabbing a steel chair. Tip and knife hold up fine. bend is about same.

move on to chopping brick the blade has a small chip and some denting
more cutting tests center of blade is dull but still cuts.
hammer blade tip first into 2x4 tip and knife hold up fine.
hammer some more on the back of the blade Blade breaks away from handle.
place blade in vice (no handle) bend blade with pipe wrench.
blade tip breaks then center section breaks.
then pound handle with sledge. it bends the tang leather washers hold up good.

end of test.

hope this helps a little while your waiting.

well lets see maybe jamming the blade into a door frame and using the pipe wrench to pry the door open. Police my use
this or again search and rescue.

And they have a pipe wrench in their pocket?:confused: But no axe or sledgehammer to open the door?

And they have a pipe wrench in their pocket?:confused: But no axe or sledgehammer to open the door?

They may have one they may not there may be one lying around in a building or garage. how do you know they will have a sledge or a ax you don't it's hypothetical. Some time they may have to use what they have with then or about them. not every situation is perfectly planed for. some time its moment by moment just like life it self.

You asked me for one. I gave you one.

I'll give you another situation how many times have you seen someone you know
use the tip of a knife as a screw drive ? I have seen it and done it countless times but wouldn't they have a screwdriver if they were going to turn a screw.
no not if they used the tip of their knife. Because at that moment they have to fix something and don't have a screw driver with them. They use whatever is available on or about their person.

There are over 4 billion people in this world spanning thousands of years. I know every single thing that can be imaged has been done with a knife and sword.

Like I said before these tests are Barbaric,for want of a better word,and may have no relevance on real life situations but they are showing the different properties of various knives.
So please give the guy a break,he is even thus far funding the tests out of his own pocket !!!:thumbup:

Or maybe the knife still has a handle; he used the pipe wrench because the handle was gone.
Smiths have to flex their knives in a vice as part of the ABS testing, I don't see why it seems to be such a strange thing to do.

Or maybe the knife still has a handle; he used the pipe wrench because the handle was gone.
Smiths have to flex their knives in a vice as part of the ABS testing, I don't see why it seems to be such a strange thing to do.

I don't know either. I'm not the first person to do this thats for sure.

I'm out of here for tonight. I'm going outside and fire up A CAO Brazila Amazon cigar.

It's been fun and interesting.

Who will survive and what will be left of them ?

I just asked noss4 to describe a "real life situation". He claims his testing to be a reflection of what happens in the real world. I am aware of the ABS way of testing knives.

Hey Noss4
your tests are very realistic because the abuses you submit them do happen in real life.Of course the situations are different.I liked most that you destroyed them to the final breakdown so one can see how the degradation proceeds.Your flex test is a good one,one of my "friends" a crazy one still hunts wild boar with his dogs and finishes them with a big knife.Once his ..... no 1 was stuck in the ribs and the animal tried to escape.The blade broke at the guard and he almost got killed.I bet ???? CS against Strider? Enjoy your cigar .

I'll give you another situation how many times have you seen someone you know
use the tip of a knife as a screw drive ? I have seen it and done it countless times but wouldn't they have a screwdriver if they were going to turn a screw.
no not if they used the tip of their knife. Because at that moment they have to fix something and don't have a screw driver with them. They use whatever is available on or about their person.

There are over 4 billion people in this world spanning thousands of years. I know every single thing that can be imaged has been done with a knife and sword.

The screwdriver scenario sounds realistic

Back