KA-BAR/Becker Warranty?

Camillus went out of business years ago. They are back, but I don't think they manufacture anything. I believe they just import and brand, like the Browning Firearms. I don't know if you're going to get any satisfaction. Hopefully, one of the Beckerites will have helpful info. BTW, I'm still re-canting:) Good luck!

Camillus went out of business years ago. They are NOT back. It's a different company who purchased the name.

Yes you are correct Afghan, the company who owns Camillus now plainly sucks! There pretending to be like the original Camillus by offering a lifetime warranty but not honoring it if the knives are purchased before they acquired Camillus they "Acme" do not produce their knives in the USA like Camillus did. Acme has them shipped from China:barf:

I like KaBar, but many knife companies are equal or better. I have sent Kershaw and Buck back knives and no questions asked. So saying KaBar is the best is not so?

He didn't say Kabar was the better than every other company. Only that you won't find a company that stands behind their product better than Kabar.

Yes you are correct Afghan, the company who owns Camillus now plainly sucks! There pretending to be like the original Camillus by offering a lifetime warranty but not honoring it if the knives are purchased before they acquired Camillus they "Acme" do not produce their knives in the USA like Camillus did. Acme has them shipped from China:barf:

Acme does not honor the original wuarantee because they are not the same company even making the same knives. The old firm is dead.

The new firm DOES make some knives in the USA. Their new line of fixed blade knives is made in Idaho I believe..

Anyone return a KaBar or Becker to KaBar for warranty? That is when it rings true.

I have..;)

After buying over a dozen nearly perfect KABAR made Beckers last year I had a BK 14 with a ripple in the blade. It was purely cosmetic, but deep enough I though they needed to see it.

I had a brand new replacement in hand in two weeks.

KABAR may not have the "best" customer service, but in my actual experience there is none better in the knife business in terms of replacements..

I am also sure that Kershaw, ESEE and others are just as good..:)

I have..;)

After buying over a dozen nearly perfect KABAR made Beckers last year I had a BK 14 with a ripple in the blade. It was purely cosmetic, but deep enough I though they needed to see it.

I had a brand new replacement in hand in two weeks.

KABAR may not have the "best" customer service, but in my actual experience there is none better in the knife business in terms of replacements..

I am also sure that Kershaw, ESEE and others are just as good..:)

Replacement sounds like excellent CS to me:thumbup:

Replacement sounds like excellent CS to me:thumbup:

I think you will find that nobody with a legitimate QC gripe has ever been turned away by KABAR. They also note on their Website they don't really service or repair their knives, they just replace them.

I bought another BK 14 from another source soon after that had almost as deep of a ripple on the blade. Rather than send it back , I stripped the paint off to see if it was a machining flaw.. Sure enough it was.. And it was a Beotch to sand out..:rolleyes:

The good news is I have seen very few KAKARs with any flaws at all. Only those two Bk14s which were probably made in the same batch,,

Good to hear about KaBar. They mostly make fixed blades. It would seem the fixed blades should have way less QC issues and they have fewer parts. Folders are in a different league I would quess. More parts and moving parts.

Never cared for USMC KaBars, but I really like the KaBar made Beckers.:thumbup:

Good to hear about KaBar. They mostly make fixed blades. It would seem the fixed blades should have way less QC issues and they have fewer parts. Folders are in a different league I would quess. More parts and moving parts.

Never cared for USMC KaBars, but I really like the KaBar made Beckers.:thumbup:

Kabar sells a lot of Folders ,too, but they are mostly Taiwanese made stuff. Still, if they had a problem with any of those folders ,I bet they would stand by them ,too. FWIW, Kershaw sources some folders from China as well..Given what the knives cost, if there is a real QC issue it's false economy not to send out a replacement

Speaking of the warranty, would uneven grinds fall under the replacement part of it? It's really starting to bug me on my BK9.

The black line represents the spine, and the red line represents the grind line on my BK9.
385603_10151713431350075_894100074_24043684_1003051883_n.jpg

Kabar sells a lot of Folders ,too, but they are mostly Taiwanese made stuff. Still, if they had a problem with any of those folders ,I bet they would stand by them ,too. FWIW, Kershaw sources some folders from China as well..Given what the knives cost, if there is a real QC issue it's false economy not to send out a replacement

I use my Kershaw National Geographic Carabiner Tool as a large key ring. They have a Japan version and a cheap China version. When mine broke, I requested to reuse the Japanese made blade as it was never used and not the China model. Kershaw just sent me a new Japan version from Portland....:thumbup: I hate China junk.:thumbdn:

Speaking of the warranty, would uneven grinds fall under the replacement part of it? It's really starting to bug me on my BK9.

The black line represents the spine, and the red line represents the grind line on my BK9.
385603_10151713431350075_894100074_24043684_1003051883_n.jpg

Why don't you just take a picture? lol I would think they would take it back if the grinds were noticeably different, not because the knife won't work, but because to me that is a major cosmetic flaw. What you've drawn to me looks like a machax grind lol.

Why don't you just take a picture? lol I would think they would take it back if the grinds were noticeably different, not because the knife won't work, but because to me that is a major cosmetic flaw. What you've drawn to me looks like a machax grind lol.

It's certainly not machax shaped, (the drawing isn't ENTIRELY accurate and a little exaggerated, but it's just so you get the idea) but it's bad enough to bug me quite a bit. I'd take photos but all I have is my phone to take photos with, and the quality on blackberry cameras is terrible.

It's certainly not machax shaped, (the drawing isn't ENTIRELY accurate and a little exaggerated, but it's just so you get the idea) but it's bad enough to bug me quite a bit. I'd take photos but all I have is my phone to take photos with, and the quality on blackberry cameras is terrible.

Blur pics are still better than a drawing that cant really prove anything.

Back