KA-BAR/Becker Warranty?

Arkanian there are plenty of pictures on the web posted showing BK9 failure under normal circumstances, some have been known to have manufacture defects

Arkanian there are plenty of pictures on the web posted showing BK9 failure under normal circumstances, some have been known to have manufacture defects

Ok... is there a particular reason you addressed that to me? I didn't ask or make comment.

Ok... is there a particular reason you addressed that to me? I didn't ask or make comment.

Touchy there little fella?

Has it been 28 days since the last time you were this bitchy?

:D

Moose

I showed tooj a pic of my BK9 with a weird coating chip on an uneven grind and he offered a full replacement, for a coating chip!

I strongly agree. Any company that stands firmly behind there product, should also stand firmly behind it's customers. Not to many reputable companies honor it but it's always a refreshing experience when they do

I'll apologize for my previous comments man. I was pretty quick to judge, and It was mostly the fact that it was a single post, without pics, and no follow up that made it sound like trolling to me. It's unfortunate that this happened, and I'm sure Kabar will hook you up with a new one.

It's okay Haze240. I was in a rush with my post and was so distracted with the excitement of being an Uncle and helping out my brother, in my haste of leaving to see him I forgot to put a picture. To be fair I can understand everyone's skepticism, I've heard there's a lot of bums out there placing false posts in this forum with no pictures backing up there claims.

Last edited:
What did I miss? Where are the pics? Specwar6, you can't bang out a first post like that in the Becker forum and not follow it up with something. We already know how good Ka-Bar's warranty is; however, the real questions are......

A. Does this broken 9 really exsist?
B. If so, how did it really break?
C. Are you a troll?
D. Are you prepared to be awakened at 3 A.M. with Toooj standing over your bed holding a 1095 CV samurai sword?
E. Meatloaf?

Hey Spec, thanks for the pics and welcome back. I'm glad the answer was "A" but "E" would have been cool too.

Last edited:
Ha,ha just for you Wooly when kabar mails me back a replacement I will go ahead and submit pic's of me carving up a meatloaf using my BK9 and serving it up for ya finalizing exhibit E. lol!:D

there are people who will buy a used knife, and abuse it, to make it fail, in order to claim the warranty and get a new knife for "little to no cost" compared to the user they acquired... yeah, we don't like that type.

Thanks Bladite for the info I'm fairly new to this forum it's good to know forum rules/FAQ

Back