Kailash Blades- Show off your knives!

Hey JayGoliath ,
Know its a little late but just looking through older threads and that Ek Chirra looks its in the environment it should be , it just looks a solid functional knife . I like my traditional khukuris but if I was still young and fit enough to visit the places and environments I have in the past it is something like this I would take with me . Especially with the Micarta handle wrap , just whats needed in a junglr environment .

In energy-sapping and water-draining environment like this, a good, sharp working tool is essential.
You want to process what you need and proceed to cool off. Ek Chirra with the Micarta handle proves just that and indeed very powerful for what it is made. I haven't gone past 50% yet.

My Mk1 just arrived friday and of course first thing I needed to hack something with it. So I went after a large Bush Honeysuckle - I had no idea that is what it was called until just now but it came up volunteer in a convenient spot so I left it until it got out of control - and some of the streaks from that are visible in the pics, but it came clean and well oiled so just ignore that.
I got the medium handle length, performance grind, satin finish, 13" blade, and steel bolster. Initial impressions are amazing. Great work guys!

AM-JKLVR0MR4n1d-VNFR2zPNNvH96Q0Aj6xizDK-6m3aISrevUXqQLXin1Zu3IOx5Fa8ZuQYbOHIWPlyPR_6BEUDjXnUkHSoiQjWlUx_6JfWYOaPVvAOllH0l1SMZarPINnhZcqXUqpNz58BgdLVqgISJFHX=w978-h649-no

Last edited:

Kailash Blades

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
So glad you're happy with the blade!
Mk1s are a lot of fun- powerful choppers with a lot of history.
Your photos aren't working currently though sorry- judging by the links it seems they're hosted on google photos, but potentially they may be set to private.
Take care,
Andrew and the team at Kailash

Lemme see if I can fix that ......
So glad you're happy with the blade!
Mk1s are a lot of fun- powerful choppers with a lot of history.
Your photos aren't working currently though sorry- judging by the links it seems they're hosted on google photos, but potentially they may be set to private.
Take care,
Andrew and the team at Kailash
AM-JKLXwqusGK_zYuhEq654R39lqMTXPPPG5GEyPK-pccrr9sz_OCD9VZiLzcCPzwAFDrxcp_gsdI5RlDLaRFdpsqCg_3iKoc-35GJ7baQMTvXwnLVes2Lk2V0fvHA09c2ZT8t9QYbOL753PuVKDax00FT5Y=w1000-h607-no

AM-JKLWJFQb4vl4_Vps2n4Am9hwCyDxSoa-gnZFd5EHxyyK97FoFmTjJoTKMpmJ1ULD5PbRETrRu4xkEXNEyHQpJ4E_i4963-hkAMZeW5GJhBr34uxwhn6dArh9iAV2xgbrKxbSA7CAu6cKSG_w9Rl8MP158=w1000-h578-no

Last edited:
Just got this worker in today, 7 weeks to the day after ordering. My first sampling of Kailash's Modern stuff.

Scourge Anniversary with Orange Micarta Handle, Satin finish and Heavy Duty grind.
ube7qxz.jpeg

Already lasered through the second half of my brush/wood pile with no dings or rolls anywhere.
I was worried the fingergrip handle would be too overlarge or unwieldy compared to traditional kukri ones, but that's not the case at all, it's insanely comfortable and I don't feel any handshock whatsoever. I could have easily whacked stuff for another couple hours.
I really dig this design, nailing that sweet spot on the blade just cleaves through stuff so cleanly. Is that because of the added extra curve from the handle?

I love choppers, and kukris especially, but there are few giddy feelings like realizing your new tool is now the Best Knife You Own.
Thank you for your work!

Kailash Blades

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Already lasered through the second half of my brush/wood pile with no dings or rolls anywhere.
I was worried the fingergrip handle would be too overlarge or unwieldy compared to traditional kukri ones, but that's not the case at all, it's insanely comfortable and I don't feel any handshock whatsoever. I could have easily whacked stuff for another couple hours.
I really dig this design, nailing that sweet spot on the blade just cleaves through stuff so cleanly. Is that because of the added extra curve from the handle?

Awesome to hear you're happy with the blade!
The handles do look a tough intimidating with all of their sculpting and shaping but they are quite welcoming in hand. While they might be large they're not too heavily indexed to a certain hand size so can be a comfy fit even if you don't fill the whole thing.

The strong amount of curve at the sweet spot helps to focus force on a small area and spread out as it bites deeper. A much leaner grind than is seen on most khukuri reproductions helps a lot in this respect too. While the handle does have a bit of added cant compared to a lot of traditional designs, it's still within the traditional range. On a blade like this it helps primarily by giving a more comfortable wrist angle when impacting.

Would it be alright if we reposted this on social media? The micarta handle looks lovely
Take care,
Andrew

Just got this worker in today, 7 weeks to the day after ordering. My first sampling of Kailash's Modern stuff.

Scourge Anniversary with Orange Micarta Handle, Satin finish and Heavy Duty grind.
ube7qxz.jpeg

I love choppers, and kukris especially, but there are few giddy feelings like realizing your new tool is now the Best Knife You Own.
Thank you for your work!
I like how the orange slabs turned out on this one. Plan on some for a Panawal... at least.