Karda

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm aware of this thread and taking action

Most of this message is directed at the harassing trolls. The very end is respectfully directed at tech staff. Thank you!

Look... I don't know what all is going on here. I got on here because of my interest in knives. This website was recommended to me, and I sat here next to someone watching them read and lusting over various knives. I knew many of you just from what you posted here well before I got on here. I've been checking out this website almost daily since September of last year. I thought this forum was for ADULTS who were serious about knives...so I recently joined after acquiring a few knives because I wanted to learn more about knives. I wanted to share my knife pictures and meet people who shared similar interests. You all probably have jobs where you drive somewhere and nobody knows who you are except family and friends.

My job is online. But because my job is online, you feel that somehow I can't possibly have a hobby or an interest that is also online? When I filled out my information here, it asked me for my website. It asked me for a signature. I have just as much of a right as everyone else to post my website link. I see numerous people here with links to their websites. I also have a photo album. This place gives me the option to have that. I have a blog. It gives me the information to share that. I have not gone around posting my youtube videos in the actual knife forum. I did post a Vimeo video that was not monetized..as you can't monetize with Vimeo Plus..because someone was talking about kids and knives. I was talking about how my youngest son recently took an interest in knives and that he had an SAK. I posted the video because his photo was on the front of the cover. However, another member displayed dislike for my having posted that, and so I apologized at once and removed it! I also emailed that member privately and apologized to them privately. Though that member kept harassing me even after I removed the video, apologized and did what I could to make it right.

As for my youtube videos, I have posted one on my blog because I did a blog post on survival, and the video I posted had to do with survival and events that will happen. I am very passionate about what I do. In other words, what I do is not a job to me, it is my heart. I did not come here to gain youtube followers. I have plenty of youtube followers and I don't gather that I would get tons of followers on my end times prophecy news youtube channel from 'Blade Forums' to be honest. I also paid for a basic membership and then two days later paid for a gold. I know the rules here and I am not going to pay money and then risk being banned. Secondly, I have spoken little about what I do.. you all have obsessed over it! Look, you have three or more threads you have started about me. Who is making the big deal? Who is the one going on about it? Not me. I start a thread about women and knives, for example, because I feel more women should get into knives too as a hobby.

I try to talk about knives and women and knives in the thread I start, and there are those of you here who did nothing but come to harass me for no reason whatsoever. I was even overly kind and courteous to you..even humbled myself before you and changed whatever had offended you, wrote to you privately apologizing if somehow I offended, though in truth I had done nothing wrong at all. I haven't even been here but a week, if that, and you have done nothing but harass and humiliate me to the maximum for no reason other than "i have photos of myself" (in comparison to my blade photos, very few) and I have a youtube link in my signature. You are liars. You harass me because I am new and I am a woman and you do not like new people stepping on what you feel is your turf, especially women. This makes you feel threatened somehow. Well, I have news for you. I paid just like you did and I have every right to be here! I have come here peacefully to enjoy my hobby. I would kindly ask you to go about your business and leave me alone. There are many wonderful people here and wonderful topics to discuss. I get enough of this type of crap in my work. It is the last thing I expect from someplace where I paid the money..and then some (as I mentioned, I paid for two memberships) to come and enjoy myself! This type of BS is not enjoyment. This is worse than the trolls I have to put up with in my work. You are the ones bringing up my work constantly and my ministry..I am not. You bring it up in your attack of me. I tried to play back with you the other day, thinking you were just goofing off, and then you went too far. I have tried to be kind and courteous.

You are apparently people who are looking for trouble, who are filled with hatred, and who want to run 'certain' people you deem as a threat. I have had a lot of views to my profile and to my threads. You can't handle someone else getting attention so you have to claim it's because I'm a 'whore' or a 'troll' or other terrible things. How awful! You do not know me at all! The only attention you can seem to get is bad attention. Why don't you all do something good to make a difference in this world..and then you can get the right kind of attention instead of having to resort to spewing hatred, rumors, false things about people, and so forth for attention?

I'm sorry to rain on your parade..but I'm not going anywhere. I love this place, I love knives..I ordered over ten knives today and can't wait to share my photos of them! Get over yourselves and go do something worthy in this world besides hating and destroying. In the end, you will have to answer for this to someone greater than yourselves. You are the one you have to look into the mirror at every day. I can't imagine being filled with such hatred and animosity and looking into the mirror...what I would see looking back. I would not be very proud of myself. You can call me whatever you want.. but I refuse to make my time here about my work or what you feel my work is about or your judgments on my work. I will only say that my work is my heart...it is my joy...it is what I believe..and my passion. So are my hobbies. This is one of them. So back off and leave me be. If you are honest people and you were telling the truth, you would not have all these threads bashing me as you do. If you feel I am here for attention, then why are you giving me so much of it? Think about it. This is the last you will hear from me in your garbage talk groups. Karda is a good person and has tried to help people. You are the ones clearly in the wrong. Good day.

THE BELOW DIRECTED TOWARD TECHNICAL STAFF:

I am editing this comment to add a few more things. Karda has been nothing but nice.. When he sees someone abusing someone in ways that go against the forums rules, he is trying to keep the best interest of the site in mind by correcting and warning those who are doing this. This forum is very large and many respectful people and conservative people frequent this forum. There are many paying members here who see the trash posted on the front page under What's New. My advice, if it matters, if you are going to keep this part of the forum (WC/AND THE LIKE) would be to at least make it to where none of the posts show up in places where anyone can see it. Maybe somehow (hide it more....???) make it to where a person has to go to it intentionally because much trash does show up on the What's New page..very offensive stuff. Regardless, as a new member, I only see him as one who is trying to maintain the respectfulness of the site and keep it in order with what it's really about...knives. This website also has a lot of big names in the industry who come here and also subscribe. In truth, people should not be permitted to grossly abuse others, threaten their livelihood, or their lives in any fashion. I do not think anything bad should happen to anyone (Karda) who values the place in which they are volunteering their time in order to make and keep that place (Blade Forums) a safe, respectful, professional and honorable place where people can share their interests, grow their knowledge, and meet people of like interests. Furthermore, there might be many big names in the industry who see this type of garbage and will want nothing to do with it because of the people who are abusing their rights on this forum. That is my opinion and I am sharing what I think and feel as a new person and an outsider looking in (as I am only a recent addition). As I mentioned, I nearly left after subscribing because of the gross behavior that was performed toward me and the constant harassment I was enduring for no given reason in the regular blade forums sections. Karda was one of the main ones who always comes to help people when he sees something wrong going on. Thank you.

I just added the last paragraph here, so I wanted to re-post it for those who matter who would see it. Thank you, technical staff, for your time, consideration, and attention to this matter. We should never lose good people who care so much and are so passionate about their precious time they donate to this forum over those who seek to destroy, pollute, and demean it. Thanks so much, again.

Last edited:
I just added the last paragraph here, so I wanted to re-post it for those who matter who would see it. Thank you, technical staff, for your time, consideration, and attention to this matter. We should never lose good people who care so much and are so passionate about their precious time they donate to this forum over those who seek to destroy, pollute, and demean it. Thanks so much, again.[/B]

Oh jeez:rolleyes:

Tone it down a little would ya? This ain't YOUR forum anymore than it is anyone else's. A lot of the people you hate on have been here for a very long time and have contributed more positive stuff to this site than you ever will. Reading more and posting less would allow you to soak up some of that knowledge.
If, you know, you actually cared to learn about knives......

No Haze I merely said I had a single Strider knife that wasn't a bad knife at all and referred to you as hazey boy, because you kept on saying stuff about me owning it. When you bumped a thread that was five years old polling me as some sort of transvestite. Then all your buddies and you had a hissy fit cause I called you all faggots and were indignant calling me a bigot and I should be banned for it. Just another example of how you bait people then have your band of followers mob anyone you feel slighted you in the least. You're smug, foul mouthed and a hypocritical bully that deserves dressed down richly. If Karda deserves anything it should be an award for standing up to you and the rest of your little like minded mates.

Last edited:
Yea, that's right. :rolleyes: You were naming me in threads I wasn't even posting in and being generally obnoxious. You were blatantly trying to troll me. All because I said I had seen your Strider knife already and there was no need to post the same picture all over the place telling us how great the knife was. You know full well you were only doing that to try and ruffle feathers anyway. I bumped that thread to piss you off and that much I freely admit, but it was only done after days of you name dropping and poking me with your cutesy trolling, you know that full well. You need to own your part in that mess and get over it.

I'm not sure why you keep this chip on your shoulder ? It was a long time ago and I have had zero interaction with you since you returned after you had your meltdown and stomped off. I have nothing against you and have no interest in causing you any bother. I'm not the one that keeps bringing up old hat to try and cause bother though, again that would be you.

No Haze I merely said I had a single Strider knife that wasn't a bad knife at all and referred to you as hazey boy, because you kept on saying stuff about me owning it. When you bumped a thread that was five years old polling me as some sort of transvestite. Then all your buddies and you had a hissy fit cause I called you all faggots and were indignant calling me a bigot and I should be banned for it. Just another example of how you bait people then have your band of followers mob anyone you feel slighted you in the least. You're smug, foul mouthed and a hypocritical bully that deserves dressed down richly. If Karda deserves anything it should be a award for standing up to you and the rest of your little like minded mates.

You two need to stop attacking each other. Now.

The cove and W&C have specific reasons for existing.

Seems like the only real problem was that a supermod started coloring outside of the lines.

Had that not happened, all of the cove nastiness would still be in the cove.

That Gus chose this moment to step down speaks volumes.

I hope we can just go back to the old Bladeforums, where you can learn about knives, show off your latest purchases, and if you choose you can go to the W&C and cove when you want to walk on the wild side.

Had it been me, I would have warned the people that went to the cove and did not read the instructions, and then if they continued to try to "change the world", perhaps removing their access to said areas would have been appropriate.

I am sure Spark will eventually figure this one out. If my opinion means anything, Karda should be relegated back to HI forum and let the forum go back it's normal state of controlled chaos.

best

mqqn

Seems to me the purpose of this thread is to call attention to concerns about policy, and whether or not it's being dealt with appropriately by one particular SuperMod. If you folks want to fill up a few pages taking potshots at each other, there's a place for that. It's called Whine & Cheese.

Thanks James.

I'm aware of this thread and taking action

Thanks Spark. Please don't ban me.:D

The cove & whine and cheese are well labeled. Read the warning and realize your liable to get ate up like a soup sandwich if you act the fool. Its simple..

IF YOU CANT HANDLE THE HEAT STAY OUT THE KITCHEN.

Blade granny is blatantly promoting her business and trying to profit from blade forums, while plastering her face everywhere to draw attention. Well it worked now she is getting the attention, I agree with the whine and cheese regulars on this matter.

Oh jeez:rolleyes:

Tone it down a little would ya? This ain't YOUR forum anymore than it is anyone else's. A lot of the people you hate on have been here for a very long time and have contributed more positive stuff to this site than you ever will. Reading more and posting less would allow you to soak up some of that knowledge.
If, you know, you actually cared to learn about knives......

Thank you for validating my point by making this comment. I appreciate it. :thumbup: Blessing to you and yours....and have a good day.

Some folks might want to stop and read. When the owner of the site says to stop taking pot shots and people continue to do so, it says a lot about why they're here--at BFC and in this thread. So do walls of text that an original poster quotes. ;)

Spark, if I may chime in....

I rarely go into Whine & Cheese, not because of the, uh, "warning" [snort!], but because it simply is not within my interest. The couple of times I spent any amount of time there, I was kind of "invited" by another forum member who gave the implication that I wouldn't dare go in there because of all the "tough" guys.

I think that is the issue; and I think it is illustrated by some of the comments here. We keep seeing references to "regulars" and some level of "ownership"...analogs to a "bar". If I may take the bar analogy further, I think some folks who spend a lot of time there have somehow acquired a sense that they now own it, forgetting that you are the one who actually owns it; and you have made it open to paying members.

It is one thing to say "if you don't like it don't go there"; it's another thing entirely to say, "if we don't like you, we will MAKE you not like it here, so as to drive you out". It's a grey area, without a clear line; but it is possible it is getting crossed.

I know very little about the specific issues between members; however I can say that in our few dealings Karda has never been anything but fair and gracious to me. I can also say that, in my probably worthless opinion, many of his antagonists like to dish it out, but they don't like to receive it. And that is in direct opposition to the very spirit of Whine & Cheese that they invoke to defend their actions.

Sorry to butt in; but thanks for the opportunity to weigh in. And thanks for BladeForums!

Mike

W&C and the like aren't going to be turned into a hugbox. If you can't handle being called out on being dumb, don't go in there. I've told more than a few people in there to knock it off when they have gotten too far out of line, and if I need to do it again in the future, I will.

I probably shouldn't, but I'll weigh in here, as well.

W & C has been compared to a local bar, with 'regulars' who seem to think they own the place. Maybe that's true, but what's so wrong with that? If they behave themselves in other forums, and then go into their little clubhouse to gossip and laugh and cuss, and make fun of the new guys, so what? To belabor the metaphor: Say a guy gets chewed out by his boss ( Mod) at work (general forum) and goes to his hangout (W&C) to bitch about it with his buddies. Maybe he deserved the chewing out. It doesn't matter. They are his friends and will slap him on the back and bitch about the boss. All well and good. Then say the boss happens to go to the same bar. He says he's just there to have a beer like anyone else. But then he gets mad at the guys bitching about him and threatens to fire them.

I don't post there much, but no one has made me feel unwelcome. I just wait until I feel I have something to contribute.

I never expected to not get it back in W&C, what got me was being called sexually derogatory names and calling the ones calling me that a sexually derogatory name back and having them call me a bigot. Then many would call for my banning, to the extent a supermoderator pm ed me and told me to back off because he would hate to see me get the axe. That to me is a double standard and unfair.

W&C and the like aren't going to be turned into a hugbox. If you can't handle being called out on being dumb, don't go in there. I've told more than a few people in there to knock it off when they have gotten too far out of line, and if I need to do it again in the future, I will.

THANK you!

I agree 100%. I am only saying that it applies to the "regulars", as well. I think the issue is that some of them don't realize that....or don't want to.

W & C has been compared to a local bar, with 'regulars' who seem to think they own the place. Maybe that's true, but what's so wrong with that? If they behave themselves in other forums, and then go into their little clubhouse to gossip and laugh and cuss, and make fun of the new guys, so what? To belabor the metaphor: Say a guy gets chewed out by his boss ( Mod) at work (general forum) and goes to his hangout (W&C) to bitch about it with his buddies. Maybe he deserved the chewing out. It doesn't matter. They are his friends and will slap him on the back and bitch about the boss. All well and good. Then say the boss happens to go to the same bar. He says he's just there to have a beer like anyone else. But then he gets mad at the guys bitching about him and threatens to fire them.

"Wrong" is not the word to use. There is absolutely an informal hierarchy in everything; and it can exist to whatever the extent it doesn't cause trouble. In fact, it was Karda who advised me to evaluate my own behavior based on what it contributed vs what it took away....sound and fair advice. I don't have a lot of experience of him as a mod; but I have absolutely no issues as a member based on my experiences.

In your example, the answer is "it depends". How are they bitching? What are they saying? We had the same issue in the military....as the old saying goes, it is a soldier's right to bitch....but it is important to protect the integrity of the chain of command as well. And, if there is too much bitching, it can harm the unit overall, in terms of moral and cohesion. The bitchers may be a tight unit in and of themselves; but they create division within the overall unit.

Bottom line, bitching and kibitzing are an art form. You cannot apply a broad brush. Obviously, this will need to be looked into; and Spark has already said he is. But don't lose sight of the specific issue....this is not about how "mean" W&C is...it's about the presumption of people in it who think they run the place vs the actions of a moderator who is trying to adjust that. Liking or not liking W&C is an incidental and not really relevant matter.

Last edited:
To me it boils down to one thing. If you are going to call someone all sorts of disgusting types of transvestite, don't get butthurt and call them a bigot when they call you a faggot back. Don't scream about how bigoted they are and whine to have them banned. If you can't take it then don't dish it out. You can't have it both ways.

Cooper Or Super, a fork may be appropriate at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back