Karda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon me, but I don't think it's right or proper for people to use this site to instigate potentially damaging and unwarranted acts to occur to someones livelihood.

It is an act of the lowest character and should not be condoned. The antics in this forum have gotten out of control due to a group of entitled bullies.
It gives this wonderful site a black eye and tarnishes what could be a wonderful resource of information without it. Here they are allowed to trash reputations and make sport of the very people that make this place what it is. Many of these people rarely visit the rest of the forum and repeatedly have to be reminded not to troll manufacturer and discussion forums. They ruin the enjoyment of others on the site for their cheap thrills.

^^^
+1

I read the entire W&C thread, & personally, I was extremely disappointed seeing the level of disrespectful, rude language that was used by a few member's (especially the Cajun Kami idiot). I mean come on, at least have a little respect for one's elder's...if anyone ever spoke to my father/mother in this manner, there would be a big problem! I've never seen a forum of any kind, that would allow this kind of language towards a Mod/Admin (warranted or not).

This is supposed to be a KNIFE forum, for crying out loud...I've never seen a group of supposedly grown men, act like a bunch of pussies! GROW UP! Part of this group in the W&C, think they are bigger than BF, & have the impunity to do whatever the ---- they want.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Haze and his gang are nothing but hypocrites, when he bumped a 5 year old thread by a noted troll (that should have been banned long ago and probably was and let back in) polling me as a disgusting tranny, yes I called them faggots. Right away I was a bigot and should be banned. Nevermind their calling me all sorts of disgusting trannys. They remind me of a bunch of little ankle biter dogs that wait for the slightly bigger dog to attack then they swarm the chosen victim. They love to try to stir crap then play the victims and try to get a mod to ban the person they deem a target. Haze respects nobody that doesn't go along with his bullying not even a mod. I've seen him mod sass at least two mods here, one didn't press the issue Karda did. I don't really care about them and their little click but yes, they're bullies and hypocrites and they can try to spin it any way they please, many here see them for just what they are.

Pardon me, but I don't think it's right or proper for people to use this site to instigate potentially damaging and unwarranted acts to occur to someones livelihood.

It is an act of the lowest character and should not be condoned. The antics in this forum have gotten out of control due to a group of entitled bullies.
It gives this wonderful site a black eye and tarnishes what could be a wonderful resource of information without it. Here they are allowed to trash reputations and make sport of the very people that make this place what it is. Many of these people rarely visit the rest of the forum and repeatedly have to be reminded not to troll manufacturer and discussion forums. They ruin the enjoyment of others on the site for their cheap thrills.

^^^
+1

I read the entire W&C thread, & personally, I was extremely disappointed seeing the level of disrespectful, rude language that was used by a few member's (especially the Cajun Kami idiot). I mean come on, at least have a little respect for one's elder's...if anyone ever spoke to my father/mother in this manner, there would be a big problem! I've never seen a forum of any kind, that would allow this kind of language towards a Mod/Admin (warranted or not).

This is supposed to be a KNIFE forum, for crying out loud...I've never seen a group of supposedly grown men, act like a bunch of pussies! GROW UP! Part of this group in the W&C, think they are bigger than BF, & have the impunity to do whatever the ---- they want.

My point exactly. I think the vicious and childish behavior is the highlight of many of these members lives.

QUOTE BY KARDA:

^^^
+1

Whine and cheese has its own thing going on there. If you don't like it, then stay out.

It's really that simple

Some people don't understand that they don't have to change everything they don't like......

My first act in this post is to regret making it.

Now, I like Karda. I don't think he's a bad guy overall from what I know. That said, I think he's on a power trip of epic proportions (as far as typing on a keyboard goes). I like him and I hope he stays around and regains his sanity, but he should not be a SuperMod. Guyon is absolutely dead on in his view IMO. I reeeeally don't wanna be posting here, but it seems to be getting worse and worse and letting it continue to go is a detriment to everyone.

As far as the people being "bullied" in the Cove, you might note that they're still posting there without a care in the world. It can't be causing them that much dismay.

I agree. The whole thing is distasteful, and it stinks that it's gone on this long.
Though I'm sure Karda's actions are not the only reasons Gus decided to pack it in, they were clearly the straw that broke the camel's back.

The Cove isn't perfect by a long shot. In fact, it's gone downhill in many ways--more skin and smack talk than frivolity these days. And it is clique-ish. There are a LOT of rough edges, but there are also some regular posters there who would send me the shirts off their backs if I asked. As for all the people who are currently posting in Karda's defense, they are the ones who've had their feelings hurt recently because they tried unsuccessfully to force their way instantly into a tight-knit group. It wasn't all that long ago that I received the same rough treatment, but rather than whine and report posts, I stuck around, read more than I posted, and when people gradually saw that I care more about the hobby than about self-promotion or attention-garnering, people tolerated me. Of course, now they just forget me.

It isn't just the Cove though. As terrio mentioned, Karda's actions have resulted in repeated tensions in Customs. And just this past year, in a moderation move that still boggles my mind, Karda infracted Jerry Fisk for posting a picture and story of a knife he'd made for Blade Show. Jerry Freaking Fisk, who is one of the nicest, most down-to-earth people I've ever met and who graces Bladeforums with his presence and knowledge when he really does not need to.

Whine and cheese has its own thing going on there. If you don't like it, then stay out.

It's really that simple

Some people don't understand that they don't have to change everything they don't like......

That's it in a nut shell right there folks!,...... W&C is voluntary.

Kris,.

This is a "KNIFE" forum...

A group of you children, have been provided a playground, that you feel you can now do whatever you please. I've never in my life, witnessed a group of grown men, act in this manner...NON STOP! Why are you guy's even on a knife forum anyway? It sure isn't for the knives!

The average guy in your clique, spends approximately; what, 6-8 hours, EVERY SINGLE DAY IN THE W&C?

Maybe you guys should start your OWN knife forum, & make your OWN childish, immature rules...you'd be much happier people!

GROW THE ---- UP!

May I suggest a reasonable solution for everyone?

If you don't like W&C or the Cove, then don't go there. Seems simple enough to me.

We have dozens upon dozens of sub-forums on this site. Wanna shoot the breeze with other people, Community Center is a couple clicks away. Wanna talk about news events without vitriol, Current Events and The Political Arena are eagerly awaiting your input. We have forums for photography, cooking, hunting, hiking, being a ninja, and all sorts of things. Wanna just talk edged tools, I can't even count the forums we have for that. We have regional forums, manufacturer forums, we have a forum where you can do nothing but read about other people buying things. It's like a fruit basket of niches.

We have one forum in the community subsection with one subforum in it where people can be a-holes. Don't like it? Don't go there. If you can't resist then that's your problem, not ours.

It's really that simple

It is that simple! This is exactly WHY, I never have, or will, do a transaction with an immature man-child like you...you are one of the biggest pussies on this forum! You found your home, in the W&C...& it's clear, you would much rather be there posting stupid pictures & quotes, than having an interest in knives!

I agree. The whole thing is distasteful, and it stinks that it's gone on this long.
Though I'm sure Karda's actions are not the only reasons Gus decided to pack it in, they were clearly the straw that broke the camel's back.

The Cove isn't perfect by a long shot. In fact, it's gone downhill in many ways--more skin and smack talk than frivolity these days. And it is clique-ish. There are a LOT of rough edges, but there are also some regular posters there who would send me the shirts off their backs if I asked. As for all the people who are currently posting in Karda's defense, they are the ones who've had their feelings hurt recently because they tried unsuccessfully to force their way instantly into a tight-knit group. It wasn't all that long ago that I received the same rough treatment, but rather than whine and report posts, I stuck around, read more than I posted, and when people gradually saw that I care more about the hobby than about self-promotion or attention-garnering, people tolerated me. Of course, now they just forget me.

It isn't just the Cove though. As terrio mentioned, Karda's actions have resulted in repeated tensions in Customs. And just this past year, in a moderation move that still boggles my mind, Karda infracted Jerry Fisk for posting a picture and story of a knife he'd made for Blade Show. Jerry Freaking Fisk, who is one of the nicest, most down-to-earth people I've ever met and who graces Bladeforums with his presence and knowledge when he really does not need to.
I don't believe I have ever posted in the cove. I see no reason to have a whole group of people call me names. I know I don't measure up to the brilliance of the cove regulars and they attack most people that post there relentlessly. I feel that BF wouldn't suffer any loss if most of the cove regulars never ventured out of that area. Since they own it they should run it.

I've never seen a group of supposedly grown men, act like a bunch of pussies! GROW UP!

It is that simple! This is exactly WHY, I never have, or will, do a transaction with an immature man-child like you...you are one of the biggest pussies on this forum!

There are indeed some immature folks here. I wonder if you'll receive an infraction for calling people names outside of W&C? They just infracted a guy for using this same language in General.

You cannot do whatever you please Karda. You are entitled to your opinions, but as a supermoderator you cannot inforce your opinions as if they were rules. You cannot threaten to ban a member who isn't breaking any rules, simply because they don't meet your moral standards. It's espeshally odd in whine & cheese. A place dedicated to trolling, name calling, and arguments. And as for you having been trolled yourself, you are a moderator. Dealing with those people is your role as a supermoderator. If you don't like it, log off. Yes, there are a**holes in W&C, yes there are major a**holes in the Cove. And yes, they should be moderated to a certain extent. But they are the supposed to be the unruly parts of this forum.

I have been trying to decide if I want to get into this. Normally,.I would not..

But this post is pretty much what I believe as well as a few others..Sorry- I have not bothered too much with the multi-quote feature.
Mainly, the warning on the upper part of the Cove- Something about this is where the Bastids roost..
Anyway,..to carry it a bit further, I have been here for some time..The Cove has been a place that I rarely post in, but often read. Mostly, it's comical and has been since I can remember. It's also a place were someone can get their feelings hurt if they are sensitive. The biggest issue I see with the sensitivity is twofold. Once..If you are posting there, you are agreeing to the premise that you very well may have offensive imagery, profanity and or get your feelings hurt. Secondly, if you find something offensive, leaving IS an option as is logging out and moving on about life.

With that being said, why all of a sudden is it an issue? What changed?
I have no idea to these questions of why Karda is making it his mission to either shut down the Cove by jumping into it every few weeks or threatening members with banning. First off, the members..ALL of them should know the rules..This repeated threatening is doing nothing but turning members against Karda. The people that visit that area, if I may reiterate, are all ADULTS capable of making their own decisions. No one is responsible for their path, good bad or ugly.

One more thing that I don't really want to bring up, but I am going to; Karda- I wanted to post my sadness at your situation that happened in the HI subforum..After reading a bit, I found that it would not have made a difference as you would have deleted it anyway. To me that was sad..I recently lost my father..but the part I found a bit unnerving was you selectively deleting posts by members that post in the Cove. I understand the want to delete these, but on the other hand, I also see it as a misuse of mod status however sad it may be.

I can see how anything I would contribute to these forums would not amount to much in the 13yrs or so that I have been here. I have read a whole lot more and posted a whole lot less..One of the greatest joys was seeing some of the posts by Bastid..Certainly hate to see all this crap have such a toll that he would hang up the banhammer..but I am glad to see that he will hang around nonetheless.

May I suggest a reasonable solution for everyone?

If you don't like W&C or the Cove, then don't go there. Seems simple enough to me.

We have dozens upon dozens of sub-forums on this site. Wanna shoot the breeze with other people, Community Center is a couple clicks away. Wanna talk about news events without vitriol, Current Events and The Political Arena are eagerly awaiting your input. We have forums for photography, cooking, hunting, hiking, being a ninja, and all sorts of things. Wanna just talk edged tools, I can't even count the forums we have for that. We have regional forums, manufacturer forums, we have a forum where you can do nothing but read about other people buying things. It's like a fruit basket of niches.

We have one forum in the community subsection with one subforum in it where people can be a-holes. Don't like it? Don't go there. If you can't resist then that's your problem, not ours.

Exactly. For the most part, in the past year or more, I stuck almost exclusively to the couple of forums I moderate.

Did it hurt my feelings that I knew other people were posting more lascivious, boorish content in a couple of unfettered subforums?
Absolutely not.

Would I tolerate such behavior in the forums I moderate?
Absolutely not.

Members can choose where they plug in.
But some think that, by paying a fee, they have the right to be accepted as a "regular" in any circle they want. Life doesn't work that way. Nor do discussion boards.

There will be no insults, no poking, no jabbing here period. State only facts, do not embellish for the sake of making a point. That is not going to work here and now.
Yes, I suppose victorf was trolling you and your friends in the CRK forum. You are a major instigator in a lot of the Cove and W&C problems. Where is your foul language a vitriol now?

Kiah expressed my sentiment regarding being involved in this thread. Excuse me Karda, This seems to be an attempt to bring to light an issue(s) that some people have with your conduct and actions. The jabs are uncalled for and need to stop. This is not the Whine and Cheese section, you know this though. The language is not a point of contention at this moment. Your language as well as any one else's can be rough as a 36 grit belt when activated. When someone drops a blanket definition on the behavior of others, and basically paints them with the same brush. You don't like it, that is alright. You don't have to like every person on here.

I for one am tired of seeing the bickering, the relentless "I know you are but what am I? :)" style replies. We've already talked at length about it and you know exactly how I feel about the roles involved. I made an effort to advise you privately as a friend, you chose to throw that out the window with your PM replies and extensively trimming your friends list, whatever. That is fine by me, but please there is no need to be hypocritical of the entire thing. The righteous indignation is a bit too much at this level, it was a bit too much in early December. This is all I have to say on this matter. For the record, I am in agreement with Gunyon, he's been pretty level headed about things and a lot of people here don't know the whole story and what has gone on. I hope things get better for you before they get worse.

I was extremely disappointed seeing the level of disrespectful, rude language that was used by a few member's (especially the Cajun Kami idiot). I mean come on, at least have a little respect for one's elder's...if anyone ever spoke to my father/mother in this manner, there would be a big problem! I've never seen a forum of any kind, that would allow this kind of language towards a Mod/Admin (warranted or not)

Blindly respecting positions is a bad way to go through life IMO. I respect the person not what their title is. Hes just another guy, not some godly figure "gracing" us with his presence.

No other mods act like he does. Don't you find that a little strange? He personally insults members WHILE acting as a mod, and tramples on any group that had their own thing going on. Thats why people are showing him little respect.

The mind boggles.

I don't believe I have ever posted in the cove. I see no reason to have a whole group of people call me names. I know I don't measure up to the brilliance of the cove regulars and they attack most people that post there relentlessly. I feel that BF wouldn't suffer any loss if most of the cove regulars never ventured out of that area. Since they own it they should run it.

Spark owns it. For that matter, Spark posts there quite a bit. Sometimes I think he might actually like us uncivilized heathens.

But some think that, by paying a fee, they have the right to be accepted as a "regular" in any circle they want. Life doesn't work that way. Nor do discussion boards.

There's a difference between not being accepted as a regular, and being told you are a piece of trash and should kill yourself every time you make a post. Sounds much nicer the way you put it but that's just sugar-coating things.

Members can choose where they plug in.

I couldn't think of the words to say exactly that. I agree wholeheartedly.

It is that simple! This is exactly WHY, I never have, or will, do a transaction with an immature man-child like you...you are one of the biggest pussies on this forum! You found your home, in the W&C...& it's clear, you would much rather be there posting stupid pictures & quotes, than having an interest in knives!

Is that so? Tell me more about your irrational hatred of a random internet stranger:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back