1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Ken Erickson Knives: A Retrospective

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Blues, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    @Leslie Tomville Excellence embodied:cool: The colour is particularly beautiful and rare, then there's the whole jigging aspect:thumbsup:

Regards, Will

Leslie Tomville likes this.
  2. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Real nice Sowbelly, Greg. Many are made but few are "chosen"!!

3. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    6948F0CA-240B-4D34-AA5E-C49B19F33FD0.jpeg 8707A42A-7CD9-445F-B104-FC7AC5AC8636.jpeg

Thanks Gentlemen, I feel like I have crossed some sort of threshold into the world of “grown up” knives! To me, the perfect Sowbelly is jigged bone with a corset shield. Here are two more photographs of mine in subdued light. However, as you, of all people, know, there are many different equally beautiful versions. I do not want to be a spoiler, but, stay tuned! In a day or two Drew @dispatch184 is going to knock your socks off!!

Thank you again Ken, the masterpieces you have created will live on for many generations!

Thanks also to those of you who I “pinged.” I have learned so much about knives, and life, from the information and photographs you have shared. And Charlie, you have taught us much about knives yes, but much more about toughness and a positive attitude!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    navin74, waynorth, Chui and 12 others like this.
  4. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Fabulous jigged bone, simply as good as it gets! Everything else is spot on as well, a real treasure!

knowtracks and Leslie Tomville like this.
  5. Rudd Simmons

Rudd Simmons

Jan 8, 2007
  6. wlfryjr

wlfryjr

Oct 20, 2011
    It’s most enjoyable to see this thread alive. Ken is indeed more than a cutler, he’s an artist.
    And he knows good cheese.

7. dispatch184

dispatch184 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2015
    That knife is a 10/10 Greg! You have been looking for a sow just like that for a while now and what a finish to the great hunt. Extraordinary, a treasure : ) hope to have mine in a day or two

8. ptradeco

ptradeco Gold Member Gold Member

May 26, 2010
    Ken is much more than a skilled cutlery craftsman. He is a wonderful human being. He is a steward of the land with his country property creating habitat for endangered species. He is a devoted friend and family man. I am honored to be his friend for a number of years. I as well have carried one of his knives for some years, every day! My avatar to be exact. It is a collaboration between maker and owner. Not a multi maker collab. I have others that were done the same way. A Cattle/Pick&Pen and a Pruner, and others. See them in this thread. There is no more satisfying experience with a custom knife than having a maker willing to work with you. If you own one you are fortunate. I could go on but I will say if you have not spent time with this thread you are missing out.

9. dispatch184

Mar 9, 2015
    I cannot compete with Greg’s @Leslie Tomville wonderful pictures and photobucket has been my nemesis of late but here are a couple of the sister to his stellar sow. No suprise that I am over the moon about the build quality of this knife. The ivory is hard to capture in its true glory especially with a phone camera but it is a pleasure to behold.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rockon75, Llasi, NirreBosse and 9 others like this.
  10. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Sometimes I just comment on a knife I like. However by hitting the reply button I get to see it again. Super sow.

dispatch184 and Leslie Tomville like this.
  11. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    What a treat to see....pure elegance ! Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

12. Chui

Chui Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 10, 2012
    .......all utters beauties here, wonderful work - particularly this one @dispatch184 :thumbsup:

Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 22.10.33.png

- and this one @Leslie Tomville :thumbsup:

Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 22.51.42.png

Had a rummage and found my three...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    Llasi, NirreBosse, Peregrin and 6 others like this.
  13. Blues

Blues Lapsed SuperMod / Cattle Knife Rustler Staff Member Super Mod

Oct 2, 1998
    I hope Ken won't mind me sharing this image he sent me a few days back with the flock...

Attached Files:

FLymon, wlfryjr, Peregrin and 2 others like this.
  14. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Nice one, El. :thumbsup:

Blues likes this.
  15. dispatch184

Mar 9, 2015
    Awesome : )

Blues likes this.
  16. dispatch184

Mar 9, 2015
    And thank you all! Thanks to Greg for drawing my attention to the sales thread and his passion when researching knives/makers. And to Ken for these special knives, kudos to you sir. Happy Friday all!

17. knowtracks

knowtracks Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Sure looks like a fine bird!:thumbsup:
    There's no comparison between a wild turkey and domestic. Enjoy my friend!:cool:
    Good to see your smiling face! :D
    Dave

wlfryjr, Blues and Gevonovich like this.
  18. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    Nice Bird Ken!!!:thumbsup: Something i have never tasted!!:(

19. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    Ken's first knife below a more recent "quill" knife by him! I was, and still am, so touched that he gave me this knife!
    Ken First and recent.jpg

wlfryjr, mrknife, LastRodeo and 5 others like this.
  20. Txjohn

Txjohn Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Something really special about first efforts. Always liked that knife .