Kerry Hampton Knives

Kerry, it may be because it's 3 am, but I can't figure it out. How does the hidden lanyard pin work?

The covered/hidden lanyard pin is a MASTERSTROKE! Myself, I've never much liked lanyard-holes on Traditionals but this is a sleek fix, must be quite a lot of extra tricky work though?

thanks, Will.

Not to speak for Kerry, but The hidden lanyard is pretty cool.
Check out post #985 in this thread for pictures, including this one:

Oh, well now I am going to have to try that!! My next one is going to be a linerless shadow pattern, so I don't think it will be a hidden pin, but it will come out the butt like that. THAT IS TOO COOL!!

Kerry, it may be because it's 3 am, but I can't figure it out. How does the hidden lanyard pin work?

Thanks, Stu, for pointing Brian in the right direction. It's not that tricky and not my idea either. It's just a dead-pin thru the liners and held in place between the handle covers.

Thanks, Stu, for pointing Brian in the right direction. It's not that tricky and not my idea either. It's just a dead-pin thru the liners and held in place between the handle covers.

Well, it's still cool. Lol. I'm totally gong to try it. It won't be a dead pin, just a pin through the covers, but I'm excited to try it.

That's a stuner. I like the shield and the hidden lanyard, excellent stuff!

I see what you was talking about Kerry, the hidden lanyard. Very different an cool work. Hope to see you guys again some Sat. at the works. Happy Holidays

Another opportunity to turn a lemon into lemonade...I stamped my mark upside down so I made this knife for myself. It's a 4" (closer to 4 1/8") "KopperHead" w/Zulu Spear Blade. 154CM blade and spring and maroon/black linen micarta covers.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

http://knifehead.com/images/khampton-400kpprhd-21sm.jpg

Last edited:
Sunken joints, thin profile, 154CM, Zulu blade and made by Kerry Hampton. Nice!!!!

Well done! I like the sunken joint and the thin profile. I bet it cuts like a scalpel, too :)

That's an awesome 'mistake'. I like it a lot. I still call it a sunken joint, for what it's worth (probably nothing).

Children who are 'mistakes' are often the most fun and charismatic.:D:D

I like to carry this one and out it came for a pre-Christmas dinner drink:thumbup:

Season's Greetings to all, Will

IMG_2892.jpg

Back