Kershaw/Emerson models in stock

man i'd love a 5, unfortunately no shops ships them overseas, bummer:( I guess i'll have to wait for them to pop up on ebay or amazon

Been carrying my cqc-6 since Fri and I love it! lock up is tight and it's built like a tank!

IMG_1638_zpsec7b08f3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1636_zpsbed18f26.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1641_zpsf2c34a82.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1640_zps0e60275e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1635_zps5181f9ce.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1632_zps597bc086.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

With the BK11 for size comparison

IMG_1631_zps82117dfa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It looks like Kershaw may have to have a word with the plant that is manufacturing these about QC. I'm very happy with my 6K overall, but the finish isn't particularly impressive. I have the same machining marks in the jimping and lockbar cutout area that others have already posted, but there is a chunk of material left over from cutting the lockbar relief that wasn't removed.

However, the two-tone blade finishing is very nice and the primary grind and the swedge line-up very nicely side to side(something a lot of production knives struggle with). The lockup is rock solid and the blade centering is dead on even after slightly loosening the pivot which was a touch overtight out of the box. The edge was not sharp out of the box, but only took a couple swipes on a ceramic rod to get sharp, and the edge bevel is a pretty consistent width, especially on a knife of this price.

Something like this should not slip through QC. I'm pretty sure I can pick the piece out and clean up the area though.

That's why I don't buy chinese knives. For 30 bucks I think you can live with it.

I got my CQC-6K today, I would like to report that the back spacer can be removed and you can just use the spacers inside :D I'll take pics later or tomorrow :thumbup:

EDIT: Here is a picture for anyone that wanted to see

Last edited:
My 7k showed up today...

[video=youtube_share;ZSojQAkljpg]http://youtu.be/ZSojQAkljpg[/video]

Mine showed up today, it has the same machining marks as have been posted already. It came drenched in oil and the blade was off center and touching the liner. However, after a few minutes with a paper towel and a flat head screwdriver, it's much better now. Other than the machining marks (I can live with it for $35), this knife is sweet. I do wish the pocket clip was black, and maybe a tad larger however.

So who's already making custom scales for these? lol

Edit: One more thing, the stonewashed grinds on mine do not go all the way to the edge. Is it like that on anyone elses? The finish stops just a hair short of the edge grind.

Hell yeah! I love that tanto blade :thumbup:

I've always preferred my Emersons with backspacers, but that's just me.

That's why I don't buy chinese knives. For 30 bucks I think you can live with it.

While I definitely have a few QC complaints about this knife, that's a pretty broad generalization of knives made in China.

I took the knife apart and easily removed the metal chip in the pictures. I'm pleased with the knife for the price.

Has anyone else seen the same problem that I had?

With a simple G10 scale and liners which have no weight reduction at all, this knife is perfect for customization and lightening.

I received my 7k on Saturday, but didn't get to unbox it until today. I have the same machining marks that others have posted about but other than that, the blade feels good and solid. No play at all and the blade is centered, she's also shaving sharp out of the box. I just ordered a 4k and a 5k!

While I definitely have a few QC complaints about this knife, that's a pretty broad generalization of knives made in China.

I took the knife apart and easily removed the metal chip in the pictures. I'm pleased with the knife for the price.

Has anyone else seen the same problem that I had?

With a simple G10 scale and liners which have no weight reduction at all, this knife is perfect for customization and lightening.

Holy Hell, I didn't even think of the customization potential of these knives. Basic, cheap, and solid. I predict we're going to see some really cool mods, I may finally try my hand at acid washing the blade and lockbar scale.

All these knives already in hand, and still nothing in my inbox from BladeHQ. Looks like I won't be preordering from them anymore.

All these knives already in hand, and still nothing in my inbox from BladeHQ. Looks like I won't be preordering from them anymore.

That's odd, I ordered mine from BladeHQ. I received multiple emails from them when they came into stock, when they processed my card, and when the order shipped. I'd give them a call tomorrow and see if there was an error in their system or something.

Just scored a 6k for around 40 bucks shipped. Unfortunately its from a site that cannot be mentioned on this forum.

This was a complete impulse buy, and will be my first kershaw. Hopefully I wont be disappointed....

Does anyone have theirs yet?

I shouldn't have kept visiting this thread... After the ZT 0801CF and some other recent expenses, I really shouldn't be buying any more knives... But seeing all these pics here, I just couldn't help myself. I should have a CQC-5K and 6K in from Kershawguy shortly...

That's odd, I ordered mine from BladeHQ. I received multiple emails from them when they came into stock, when they processed my card, and when the order shipped. I'd give them a call tomorrow and see if there was an error in their system or something.

I'm going to have to wait for another two hours because they're behind me by two hours. I've checked my inbox and spam filter folder, I've received no emails or phone calls. So, I can say that this is the last time I'll be preordering from them. I have an account, and BladeHQ has both my phone number and email. The knives I preordered are showing as out of stock, so I'm guessing that I'll be told that they aren't available when I call. Seeing as I've actually paid money, I'm actually pretty pissed about it, and will probably seek a refund and wait to get the knives from elsewhere rather than give BladeHQ further business. I cannot stand a company that gives you no communication.

Does anyone have the CQC3K? I'm curious on what the blade length is. Its listed as different lengths on different sites.

On a related note. Fit and finish sound on par with other Kershaw Chinese made blades like the Cryo. Good bang for the buck, but still roughly made.

Awesome. BladeHQ has not notified me because they are busy filling orders of people who preordered before me. I preordered back in January, still no response. So, not only does BladeHQ have slow order fulfillment, but they don't have enough to get people their knives in a timely fashion. Also, I can't get my preorder fee back, so I'm stuck waiting for my name to come up on their list (whenever that will be, the CS rep had no idea "Well, it should be...soon, I think." Wow, awesome info! :rolleyes: ) so my knives can ship. Well, that's fine. Not only can I find better prices elsewhere, but I can also find better customer service, and more timely product delivery elsewhere. Won't be doing business with BladeHQ again. :thumbup:

Back