1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Kershaw knockout M390 thoughts

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Guitarly, Jun 21, 2018.

1. MolokaiRider

MolokaiRider Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2017
    The Knockout is an amazing knife and a great design for sure.

I used it to whittle for just over an hour and found the edge ready for more and my hand was fine. And this was with the 14c28n.

With M390! Leveled up!

Popsickle, NG VI and JJ_Colt45 like this.
  2. MeritedEdge

MeritedEdge

Jan 3, 2018
    I think I’m going to order one. I haven’t owned a
    Kershaw in a long time. And with M390 and only $99
    I think it should make a great little EDC beater.

NG VI likes this.
  3. whitty

whitty Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Aug 25, 2005

I am so sorry you have not gotten a response back. We got hit hard with international request on these and found 99% of them were fraudulent folks looking to use a stolen credit card. We got so sick of trying to weed through them that we just stopped replying to all of them. You would have been a casualty of all that mess. Although I did respond to a few this morning after being on vacation. If you have not heard back from me, please email me at [email protected] and put that you are CyberDog from Bladeforums. I will get you a shipping quote and get everything set up for you. Sorry again for the trouble!

LG&M and JJ_Colt45 like this.
  4. CyberDog

CyberDog

Jul 4, 2018
    I just got reply from you on mail, so thanks anyway. I'm the one who found friend with American relative lol. I was impatient because it is limited stock. I am looking forward to this knife :D

5. whitty

Aug 25, 2005

Thank you for understanding! If you have any problems please let me know!

JJ_Colt45 likes this.
  6. cnm123

cnm123 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 7, 2015
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Got mine today.
    The blue is darker than in photos. Thats not a bad thing.
    I gotta say its not as sharp out of the box as I would have hoped. My dividend in M390 was,
    its OK though ill touch it up.
    Its bigger than I thought, but I have had the dividend on me a lot lately.

The sticker is a nice touch, whitty.

7. CyberDog

CyberDog

Jul 4, 2018
    Kershaw is inconsistent with knife sharpening, it can range from barely cutting paper to hair shaving.

I have one question about Knockout M390; I read this comment in this forum somewhere:

"You can heat treat M390 with corrosion and wear resistance in mind or with toughness and wear resistance in mind. Both would have the same hardness but completely different properties."

And my question is which way does this M390 lean to? Probably no one knows, but we can guess, can't we?

8. whitty

Aug 25, 2005
    I can not answer this question but I copied it and emailed to Kershaw. I will let you know what I find out.

CyberDog likes this.
  9. whitty

Aug 25, 2005

We just recently got our second shipment on them and the blue on the Blackwash models is definitely darker. I am sorry it was not as sharp as you would like. If you want to swap it out we will be happy to take care of it all for you. Just shoot me an email to [email protected]

10. CyberDog

CyberDog

Jul 4, 2018
    Awesome!

11. traumkommode

traumkommode Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Just ordered a stonewashed knife. I am SUPER excited about this. Glad someone finally did a sprint on this frame with a bitchin' steel.

12. cnm123

Sep 7, 2015
    Whitty, not an issue at all! It’s by no means dull, just not shaving sharp.
    Thanks for the offer though!
    Customer service like yours is a real bonus.

13. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    This thread cost me $100... :D I wasn't going to miss out on this run! :p

And though it goes without saying, Whitty rocks!!! :thumbsup:

14. scottfish

scottfish

Dec 4, 2011
    Ditto. Happily $100 poorer.

15. SpyderPhreak

Apr 13, 2004
    Actually, this thread wound up causing me over $400 before it was all said and done... :cool:

16. CyberDog

CyberDog

Jul 4, 2018
    wooow, look what they did, so beautiful (imagine if they did them without thumbstuds)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  17. cnm123

Sep 7, 2015
    This is definitely a first world gripe,

The lanyard hole is really small.

18. SpyderPhreak

Apr 13, 2004
    Indeed it is, about the only gripe I have. Pretty sweet knife otherwise! Scott, thanks for this exclusive, you rock! :cool:

Pics! :D

IMG_2760.jpg

IMG_2761.jpg

IMG_2762.jpg

No, your eyes don't deceive, the handle on the satin blade is a fair bit darker. Not sure which I like better.

19. willywills

willywills The Lone Wanderer

Oct 18, 2012
    Yea I just bought one of the American flag handle ones I love the knife except the assist if it didn’t have that it would better in my opinion

20. CyberDog

CyberDog

Jul 4, 2018
    Thumbstud is even worse than assist imo