Kershaw Tilt...again.

Well, its been a while, and the last I heard the Tilt was supposed to be released sometime this month or December. Since the 0550 is supposed to hit shelves very soon, I was wondering if we could be expecting the Tilt any time soon as well. This question is really for Thomas or someone else who has the "inside scoop" at Kershaw. For everyone else...anybody really excited about this one?

A little ways out, but we're making progress. Fixtures have been finished up, and we'll be making some production proto's starting next week. Hopefully all will go well, but we will know a lot more in the next 2 weeks.

A little ways out, but we're making progress. Fixtures have been finished up, and we'll be making some production proto's starting next week. Hopefully all will go well, but we will know a lot more in the next 2 weeks.

thanks for the prompt reply Thomas. Can you tell us if you have stuck with the blue hanlde finish or goldish finish that was talked about...has the clip been changed at all?

Anodizing has not been finalized at this time. I'll keep you posted.

As of today, the clip will remain the same as the proto. but will keep you up to speed on it as well.

Hopefully it's sooner than later. Really unique design. I'll definitely get one.

Hopefully it's sooner than later. Really unique design.

definately. i've waited the longest for this knife than any other...i've had a preorder for 4 months now. i believe its going to be a pretty limited run of i think 1,000 or less. the design is just so interesting to me. i can't wait. i'm hoping they go with the blue annodizing. i think it works better with the look of the knife.

Just adding for those who are curious http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=746752

KSTILT.jpg

1. Definitely stoked

2. Still like the bronze finish better

3. Thomas. I love the design, but maybe the corners of the clip can be softened just a tad? I'm just thinking about how those sharp corners are going to bite when gripping the knife.

Blue finish for me--although an option for one or the other will be nice. I'm stoked!

the only thing is, if its gonna be a limited run, that means there will be less quantities of one color...or the run will be larger. still, would be nice though...as long as i get my blue one:D.

1. Definitely stoked

2. Still like the bronze finish better

3. Thomas. I love the design, but maybe the corners of the clip can be softened just a tad? I'm just thinking about how those sharp corners are going to bite when gripping the knife.

i don't know about the bronze...i think its a great color but i think i like the blue just a slight bit more. not a huge deifference to me. i agree with the clip being more rounded at the corners. i also think it shouldn't be quite so rectangualr and shape...maybe it could be bent to the same angle the handle shape is?

I'm more curious about what the steel properties of Vanax 75 is going to be. Anyone got any word on this?

Thanks Thomas -

I am looking foward to this one - it will be my first experience with a ball-bearing pivot.

As always, thanks for the insider information!

best regards -

mqqn

High nitrogen steel, in theory good, in practice none of us had a chance to play with it.
Here, Vanax 75 steel compsition.
Interesting, but I'm still a bit confused about the benefits of using nitrogen instead of carbon. I believe your steel elements info page mentioned increasing hardness without increasing carbide volume/size. So I would assume more toughness but less wear resistance(at least in comparison to S90V).

I believe I also heard that nitrides were smaller in size to carbides, so again I assume it would mean better toughness and perhaps the ability to take and hold a razor edge longer.

Seems like it would be juicy comparing the Tilt to the Para 2 in S90V, at least performance-wise.

Interesting, but I'm still a bit confused about the benefits of using nitrogen instead of carbon. I believe your steel elements info page mentioned increasing hardness without increasing carbide volume/size. So I would assume more toughness but less wear resistance(at least in comparison to S90V).

I believe I also heard that nitrides were smaller in size to carbides, so again I assume it would mean better toughness and perhaps the ability to take and hold a razor edge longer.

Seems like it would be juicy comparing the Tilt to the Para 2 in S90V, at least performance-wise.

While my chem knowledge is limited, I believe carbon is the part of the steel that rusts. Replacing some if it with nitrogen will -hopefully- circumvent the issues that present themselves when carbon and moisture combine. Look up Busse's INFI steel.

Back