Kershaw Tilt...again.

I sincerely hope this knife isn't out until January, because I already reached my credit limit from buying new knives:grumpy:.

i am pretty sure the knife i handled was a prototype. though it did look like the one in the pics floating around here. plus the flip action was very smooth. so there should be 0 concerns in that aspect.

-carbon fiber handle
-ti frame lock
-vanax35
-flow through
-ultra smooth flip

i fail to see one thing wrong with this knife.

More or less little ball bears held in a washer that are placed on both sides of the blade pivot to reduce friction.

From what I understand, KVT differs from IKBS in that the bearings in the KVT are encased inside the washers so that they are easy to clean. I have an IKBS knife and although it performs flawlessly, when you take it apart it is a PITA to get all those ball bearings back inside the groove when you put it back together. It sounds like with KVT you could just wipe the KVT washers off, lube em up and throw it back together. Sounds like an awesome idea!

Thanks, guys. My ignorance index just went down a point. ;)

i am pretty sure the knife i handled was a prototype. though it did look like the one in the pics floating around here. plus the flip action was very smooth. so there should be 0 concerns in that aspect.

-carbon fiber handle
-ti frame lock
-vanax35
-flow through
-ultra smooth flip

i fail to see one thing wrong with this knife.

sounds great! how are the ergos with the shape of the handle?

Ergos are great with and without the choil. It felt "big" but that's with my medium sized hands--and that's how any knife with a 4" blade feels (like the way the VOLT feels in hand) I'd prefer to use it with the choil.

Any chance of the carbon fiber scales being tapped for left-hand tip-up carry like an ultra-highend version of the Zing?

Any chance of the carbon fiber scales being tapped for left-hand tip-up carry like an ultra-highend version of the Zing?

While it probably won't happen, there are many people on the forum who'd be happy to do that for you for a reasonable price.

Ergos are great with and without the choil. It felt "big" but that's with my medium sized hands--and that's how any knife with a 4" blade feels (like the way the VOLT feels in hand) I'd prefer to use it with the choil.

sounds good. i was just curious because the handle does have that cool looking yet questionable angle to it. i guess if you say the ergos are great, thats one more worry we can cross off the list.

Once in a blue moon I see something that actually catches my attention. Wow. Just wow.

Any updates on this? I can't stop drooling:D. This might just be babbling, but I expect this steel to be better than S90V:thumbup:.

Any updates on this? I can't stop drooling:D. This might just be babbling, but I expect this steel to be better than S90V:thumbup:.

Haha... I can't stop drooling either. I try not to ask but the suspense is killing me. It was predicted to come out December or January. Sorry, but I gotta ask...Thomas?:D

Beep beep:D.
I feel like I might get two of these. One to use, and one as my first safe queen:thumbup:.

What's the word on the Tilt? I find myself thinking about this knife quite often.

Any updates?
EDIT: didn't see the posts from yesterday...sorry for aksing again :D

Last edited:
It's alright, there's no harm in letting Thomas know who his fanboys are:D:thumbup:. At least for the Tilt anyways.

Haha...I think he's well aware im a "fanboy" by now....after two threads and alot of incessant pestering haha. You and Tony seem to be just as excited as I am. I'm just glad i'm not the only one. I really can't wait for this one anymore. Ever since I heard rumor that it would be comming out December or January, I've been like a little kid waiting for the ice-cream truck. :D

Back