1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kershaw/ZT Picture Thread!!! Let's See Em'!

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by 9blades, Mar 4, 2014.

1. halden.doerge

halden.doerge Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 17, 2014
    You could also just grab a 3.5" XM18.

I added PB washers to mine, and it's almost indistinguishably as smooth and free as my 0562CF. And definitely solid as a rock.

2. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    I wonder if using a thicker pivot is .... well, just for the sake of having a thicker pivot. Would be a valid argurment if there have been any broken or deformed ZT 0562cf pivots reported. Has there been any?

3. aleforme

aleforme Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Some of Whitty's work......

[​IMG]

4. whitty

whitty Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Aug 25, 2005
    Did you notice any difference with the PB washers?

5. halden.doerge

Aug 17, 2014
    On the 3.5" XM I did. It made it noticeably more "drop-shutty". On other Hinderers they didn't have as noticeable an affect, except on the MP-1 which it also improved similarly. But the difference wasn't anything huge, by any means.

6. joejeweler

joejeweler

Jan 27, 2006
    I actually own TWO 3.5" XM-18 folders, in Slicer and Spanto blades,...and a 3" Slicer version. ALL now have PB Washers, and I drill 8 holes in mine with one side having a wider taper to better hold the moly/oil mixture I prefer to lube with. (wider hole side goes against the blade) I really like the PB's much better than the original polymer. All my XM-18 Hinderer's also have my ball bearing pivot interface, to keep the pivot from free spinning. ( I wrote about it in another thread)

Here's what the washers look like.... and the holes really do retain the lube longer where it's needed, and extend service times in most cases. The hole placements are not critical, and these have been "eye-balled" in freehand ;)
    [​IMG]
    ...and with a little Moly Paste from Air Rifle Headquarters. Not shown is the few drops of light machine oil added before assembly to dilute the paste a little.
    [​IMG]
    ...and the Ball Bearing Pivot Locking Interface so it's no longer "free spinning", and so no need to Lock-Tite the pivot screw...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  7. whitty

Aug 25, 2005

I have personally not had problems with the teflon washers that come on the knife but this is a heck of a set up. Would love to see it in person and flip it some. Very nice!

8. Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

May 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

bigolegator, BigKurtHaze and Dadpool like this.
  9. 4mer_FMF

4mer_FMF Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Just got my first true love (0450) and a gift-to-be 0900BLU back from KAI (sharpening).

IMG_2153.JPG

That blue one is going to be hard to part with....

Overall, I'm quite satisfied with the sharpening KAI provided. Wicked sharp...wicked. Next time, I'll probably do it myself, as I'd like to try to thin out the 0450 a bit--but I was curious. KAI's resharpening doesn't have the same perfection as what I see the experts do here, but for me personally, I probably wouldn't have been able to do better myself (still building skill).

Zephyr One/Zero, jwh720 and Ironbut like this.
  10. Nautique

Nautique

May 15, 2016
  11. BigKurtHaze

BigKurtHaze

Aug 2, 2015
    [​IMG]

12. Gafishing

Gafishing Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Aug 7, 2016
    Got this one today from @whitty
    I'm a sucker for purple
    IMG_20170913_215104.jpg IMG_20170913_215058.jpg
    @palonej
    Thanks for the advice brother. Loving this knife

13. Chris A

Chris A Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 5, 2012
    [​IMG]

14. whitty

Aug 25, 2005
    palonej and Gafishing like this.
  15. Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

May 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dadpool likes this.
  16. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    Great mods, @joejeweler , both your finger chill on your 0562 and your PB washer/ball-bearing pivot mod. Very cool.

@halden.doerge and @whitty , I've really had no issues (save one) with any of my Teflon-washered knives, either for action or feeling solid. My Les George Eagle gave me fits with crappy flipping action when I first got it, but after many dis- and re-assemblies I found that one of the washers had been pinched (probably by me) and the slight irregularity was causing drag. I gave it a slight wipe on high grit paper to lose the "bump" and added a tiny amount of TriFlow for lube. TF's primary ingredient is PTFE (Teflon) and it's available in liquid form in a needle oiler. The tiniest amount makes the action in my Eagle, Hinderers, and lionSteels just amazingly fast, free, and smooth, although most of them were fine to begin with.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  17. Chris A

Chris A Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 5, 2012
    [​IMG]

18. halden.doerge

Aug 17, 2014
    [​IMG]

19. Masterguns

Masterguns

Nov 28, 2014
    [​IMG][​IMG]

BigKurtHaze likes this.
  20. Mrgauth

Mrgauth Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2016
    Man, you need to post your pocket dump pics over at the edc forum website. These color-coded themes you do are nice. I like how you have a pen and light for every color. You ought to grab one of the black wash Ti Pocket Pro pens. I got one in regular Ti and this one pen can take up to 80+ different refills. I have yet to find a refill that won't work perfectly in it. Best designed pen I have ever seen. here is my grey one in hand. I love it so much I am getting a backup in the black wash.
    image.jpg

halden.doerge likes this.