Kiljoy KutLery, WIP, designs and completed blades.

A couple more. An XLTracker with sawback for a influencer on Instagram and a little puukko I fit on a scrap of 80CrV2...maybe a companion knife for the Tracker. And a decent shot of the M14 and M15 knives next to each other. These will all be heading out for heat treatment later this week. (I ground one of the M15 as a Scandi and the other a saber...just to see if I like it)

Attachments

• IMG_20240509_132415.jpg
    IMG_20240509_132415.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20240511_140812~2.jpg
    IMG_20240511_140812~2.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 5
A couple more. An XLTracker with sawback for a influencer on Instagram and a little puukko I fit on a scrap of 80CrV2...maybe a companion knife for the Tracker. And a decent shot of the M14 and M15 knives next to each other. These will all be heading out for heat treatment later this week. (I ground one of the M15 as a Scandi and the other a saber...just to see if I like it)

How goes your endeavors???? Hope its going as smoothly as possible, A rarity in my life!!!😉
Best

How goes your endeavors???? Hope its going as smoothly as possible, A rarity in my life!!!😉
Best
I am making progress, but not being able to get online as much as I really need to. I will post some knives up tonight, to show the progress. I am currently taking care of(nursing full time) my wife who is battling stage 4 breast cancer and raising two teenagers. As you can imagine, this isn't something I really want to get into here. BUT, I should at least mention it, so you all don't think I am the laziest knife maker in the world. I am actually a very talented carpenter, who is in high demand in the city of Austin Texas, where I made my name. I work, when able, there in the city, which is about an hour from my rural home. I haven't been able to go into the city in months, do to my wifes mobility issues. Truth be told, if I wasn't here nursing my wife at home, I wouldn't be making knives in any great numbers. I love knives, using, making, collecting...I'm a knife nut. I have been collecting and trading knives since I was a child. Starting KiljoyKutlery was out of necessity, so I could make some money from home. I haven't actually done very well at this. LOL. I am learning though. Making this last batch, the biggest batch of knives I have made in the 25 years of hobby making has been a BIG learning experience. My NEXT batch will be very nice knives. This batch is good enough, but I was missing many tricks that will make it easier as I go. I have really fallen in love with the process, and the idea of having my own brand. I now dream of setting up at Blade next year. I would settle on a nice local show.
Thanks for asking, and sorry for the long paragraph. God bless. Gene

Last edited:
I am making progress, but not being able to get online as much as I really need to. I will post some knives up tonight, to show the progress. I am currently taking care of(nursing full time) my wife who is battling stage 4 breast cancer and raising two teenagers. As you can imagine, this isn't something I really want to get into here. BUT, I should at least mention it, so you all don't think I am the laziest knife maker in the world. I am actually a very talented carpenter, who is in high demand in the city of Austin Texas, where I made my name. I work, when able, there in the city, which is about an hour from my rural home. I haven't been able to go into the city in months, do to my wifes mobility issues. Truth be told, if I wasn't here nursing my wife at home, I wouldn't be making knives in any great numbers. I love knives, using, making, collecting...I'm a knife nut. I have been collecting and trading knives since I was a child. Starting KiljoyKutlery was out of necessity, so I could make some money from home. I haven't actually done very well at this. LOL. I am learning though. Making this last batch, the biggest batch of knives I have made in the 25 years of hobby making has been a BIG learning experience. My NEXT batch will be very nice knives. This batch is good enough, but I was missing many tricks that will make it easier as I go. I have really fallen in love with the process, and the idea of having my own brand. I now dream of setting up at Blade next year. I would settle on a nice local show.
Thanks for asking, and sorry for the long paragraph. God bless. Gene

Thank you for sharing. I'm sure its terribly hard enduring what life has placed in your path..... Best of luck with your endeavors and best wishes for the Mrs. And kids.........I really love your take on what a knife is........Every thing you've made.that.I've seen.I'd scoop up if I was wealthy.😉......Guess. I'm stuck drooling!😜.

Have a good week. Appreciate the response..👍......Looking forward to seeing what you're working on!!!👌...

James

These still need some buff and the scandi's need sharpening..and sheaths..but I am close on these 14, and have 6 in the immediate pipeline.

Attachments

• IMG_20240606_152328.jpg
    IMG_20240606_152328.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20240606_205048.jpg
    IMG_20240606_205048.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20240605_200746~2.jpg
    IMG_20240605_200746~2.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20240605_200907~2.jpg
    IMG_20240605_200907~2.jpg