Kings win the cup!

It's Quick's year. No one else deserves credit. He is the main reason kings are doing so well.

I don't look at the past...

Always look onward!

GO KINGS GO!

I'm a Flyer fan so you can understand my hatred of the NJ Devils. I've hated that team since the day they stepped foot in NJ. I really wanted to see the Rangers in the Finals but since that didn't happen I'm hoping the Kings can destroy the Devils and so far they have been doing a good job at it. The Kings also have 2 former Flyers on the team so that's always good.

Thanks for stopping by Ken, thought you were a fellow frozen puck fan.

I'm a Flyer fan so you can understand my hatred of the NJ Devils. I've hated that team since the day they stepped foot in NJ. I really wanted to see the Rangers in the Finals but since that didn't happen I'm hoping the Kings can destroy the Devils and so far they have been doing a good job at it. The Kings also have 2 former Flyers on the team so that's always good.

I'm not sure destroy is a suitable description. Both went into OT, and the Kings are averaging like a third of their goals per game average from before the series (almost 3) in regulation. I honestly thought before it started that the Kings would come in and win games by a large margin. NJ had a lot of good scoring chances in both games, and this could easily be 2-0 the other way.

These games are going more like the NJ/NY series than LA/anyone--low scoring with a lot relying on how the goalies play. Quick is always good, but the Kings in the past didn't lean on him this heavy to keep them in every game. NJ has done a decent job of keeping the Kings from skating the puck into their zone, and they win a lot of the board battles low (helped by Brodeur's stick handling, but even disregarding that), which is keeping the Kings from getting as many chances as their previous match ups. They also seem slow getting out of their zone; a lot of times I noticed NJ dump the puck to change, and they still got in to put pressure on the Kings to take back the puck before it could get outside the blue line. I doubt they're happy with either game even though they won them...not that they're playing horribly. Their penalty kill, for example, is continuously amazing.

I can't wait for game 3 :D

Damn Kreole, had to get all technical didn't you. Ya I don't know if they grind is getting to the Kings but they do seem a little sluggish compared to the other series. Gettin the puck out of there zone isnt as fast as before and some of the legs are looking a little slow. I would like to see a little more from Brownie and a few others but man, I'll take a win any which way at this point. Already telling my bosses I won't be in when the Kings have their victory celebration!

GO KINGS GO!!

Kings-Playoff-Desktop.jpg

That Gretzky picture is awesome. I take it you were at the game. Must have been fun. Congrats to all the LA fans. The Kings are a classy team. And damn good.

Okay... didn't want to say anything until now because I didn't want to jinx them, but... this might actually happen :eek:

Go Kings Go!

Yeah LA got it this year, I kinda knew they would right from the beginning of the play-offs but I really didn't expect them to do so well to be honest. I hope they win it on Wednesday, I just love it when a team wins a cup on home ice.

Most of em still have some contract time left with the Kings right? I'd hate to see em break it up, but I kinda think the guys will have pride for bringing the cup to LA first, this group looks good for quit some time.

Quick , Penner, and Stoll are all free agents after this season.

Yes, I was there, and have been at every home playoff game. Season seat holder, on and off, since '89.

Back