Photos Klein Electrician Knife, please post pics of any electrician types,Thanks!

n4jsao.jpg

Actually used mine as intended today as well :cool:

Its the same thickness as my leatherman wave, I think being thick to begin with may be why the original owner removed the bail, and possibly not carried it much. Also check out the thickness of those springs, this was definitely built to be more of a tool. I carry it in my front right pocket no problem, but I do tend to like bigger pocket knives
The bail doesn't add very much to the overall thickness of the knife. Generally, if the original owner went to the trouble of removing the bail they probably carried it in a pocket often enough for it to be worth the effort (and to decide they did not like their keys getting caught in the bail).

Snake around a sword, it was like that when I got it. That and the bail missing, other than that it looks pretty much unused. Hickory n steel Hickory n steel , yeah its seen some hard days, but looks to be ready to take more. Has plenty of good character, I really like a good "user" knife. Whether it's a knife we bought new,and all its character flaws are of our own history. Or one that has comes to us needing some tlc, to bring back to life and create new chapters with.

Snake around a sword, it was like that when I got it. That and the bail missing, other than that it looks pretty much unused. Hickory n steel Hickory n steel , yeah its seen some hard days, but looks to be ready to take more. Has plenty of good character, I really like a good "user" knife. Whether it's a knife we bought new,and all its character flaws are of our own history. Or one that has comes to us needing some tlc, to bring back to life and create new chapters with.
Sadly this one was cleaned up when I got it, but it's still a good user, and the long screwdriver on these sure comes in handy.
It's got more reach than anything on my leatherman Fuse, and that's useful when this knife is carried.

To the OP and anyone else, how is the fit and finish on your Klein electrician knives? My reason for asking is, i have a Klein TL29, represented as NOS, that is one of the worst fitted knives I own. The biggest beef is springs badly sunkem, and at different levels. I looks to be assembled by Bizarro Klein.

All of my other TL29s (Marbles, Rr, and a flea market Imperial) are much better. Sorry for the thread hijack, but reading it brought the question to mind.

No problem, I opened this thread with the hope of opening discussions on these type knives. Fit on mine reasonably good, when closed all springs flush and even. When open the main blade spring is a tiny bit proud, so tiny I think it'd be hard to take a pic of it. Finish is smooth and even on all external surfaces, however the inside parts of the back springs are rougher. I think this is more a reflection on skipping a step on a knife primarily meant to be a workmans tool to keep cost down. All my blades snap open and closed and at halfstop with authority, screwdriver being the most stiff.I'd say 8-9, Bolsters are a tad proud of the covers. Thanks for joining the discussion.While I like "pocket jewelry" as much as anyone, I felt these "blue collar" workers need some spotlight time to:);)

To the OP and anyone else, how is the fit and finish on your Klein electrician knives? My reason for asking is, i have a Klein TL29, represented as NOS, that is one of the worst fitted knives I own. The biggest beef is springs badly sunkem, and at different levels. I looks to be assembled by Bizarro Klein.

Many knives rejected by Klein have been sold as bargain basement seconds by Kutmaster through the years. Most, but certainly not all, have had the tang stamps filed or ground at the factory before being sold as seconds. Some re-sellers try to pass them off as knives that passed Klein's or Kutmaster's QC, but they are not.

No problem, I opened this thread with the hope of opening discussions on these type knives. Fit on mine reasonably good, when closed all springs flush and even. When open the main blade spring is a tiny bit proud, so tiny I think it'd be hard to take a pic of it. Finish is smooth and even on all external surfaces, however the inside parts of the back springs are rougher. I think this is more a reflection on skipping a step on a knife primarily meant to be a workmans tool to keep cost down. All my blades snap open and closed and at halfstop with authority, screwdriver being the most stiff.I'd say 8-9, Bolsters are a tad proud of the covers. Thanks for joining the discussion.While I like "pocket jewelry" as much as anyone, I felt these "blue collar" workers need some spotlight time to:);)

This is a good summary of smaller F&F cosmetic items that might be found on a knife that would pass QC.

All of my other TL29s (Marbles, Rr, and a flea market Imperial) are much better. Sorry for the thread hijack, but reading it brought the question to mind.
The fit and finish on mine is not great, but they are a working knife after.

It was done by the previous owner, up close you can see its free hand. It wasn't badly done but most definitely a personal touch, maybe to keep others from borrowing it for keeps lol.

Had two Tl-29s a 2 blade kutmaster with the screwdriver moded to a small spike/warncliffe blade, and a 3 blade with hawksbill can’t remember make, Sold/traded both. Fun fact, the first one led me to Bladeforums.

Here's a GEC 15 electrician, its a bit smaller than your average electrician pattern. It's the most well done electrician I have seen. The lock for the screwdriver is superior to the standard fare, it's all steel and has a stronger pivot pin. There's also a drywall saw on the screwdriver but I've never used it. I have a schrade walden 204 as well, I'll post it later.

IMG_2146.JPG
IMG_0349.JPG

Back