1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Knife collectors and kitchen knives

Discussion in 'Kitchen Cutlery & Tools' started by Pyaoliang, Sep 7, 2012.

1. tjswarbrick

tjswarbrick

Mar 31, 2011
    Awesome!

Also, Jim, back to our earlier discussion:

Hiromoto AS and Kobayashi Dojo both appeal to me (mostly because they're affordable Aogami Super.) Hiromoto looks more "complete" (Western?), while the dojo looks a little more budget to me, in stock photos. Hiro's AS line doesn't seem to include a Nakiri.
    So, the question is, does the AS impart a more refined, higher quality feel than the dojo in use? Or is it only superficial?
    Does one have a larger, or more ergonomic, handle than the other? (I wear XL gloves.)
    The only Japanese knives I can find to test are Global and Shun, and neither interest me to the degree that these do. (Shun Elite in SRS-15 does, but not for the prices they exact.)
    Any assistance you can offer or wisdom you can impart is greatly appreciated.

I hope to get a petty, santuko, and nakiri in the coming months. I guess what I really need to decide is, should I get them all from the same line, or would I be better served hand-picking each one, nevermind that they don't seem to go together. (None will match my guyto, either way, unless I fall in love with another line and sell or gift the Miyabi.)

*** OP and Mod's: I hope I didn't derail this thread too far off line. Let me know if I should start my own, or communicate via PM. ***

2. chester22

chester22

Feb 1, 2012
    picked all these up this week for home use.....

[​IMG]

3. Mike Davis

Mike Davis

Feb 7, 2006
    I am an avid home cook and also an avid cutter. I have a small collection of kitchen knives i use on a daily basis. After using quality kitchen cutlery, i will never use a dull knife again :)
    [​IMG]