Knife in the Hat 2 (read this to participate)

The first one I made was clay/water quenched 1084 but it cracked in the quench. I just got the new one made from 154cm back from RLinger who was kind enough to heat treat it for me. I still need to put a handle on it and finish everything.

Okay I'm officailly done my KITH knife. Sheath turned out pretty good. It's a little more stylized than my normal sheath.

I really don't know how much longer shipping my knife from Canada to the U.S. will be compared to you guys within your own country. Since I know there will be delays at the border I'm going to ship mine this Tuesday or Wednesday and hope it doesn't take too long???

Sean

Holy Sha-Moly - that's my knife you're talkin about! And I am seriously psyched. Not only about this knife that sounds so fine, and that is saying a lot!, but I'm going to get to play with Roger's heat treating too! Ya-Hoo!

I'm feelin pretty dang lucky...

:D

Dave

Looks like it'll be going out tomorrow.

Judging by the knives I've seen of yours I hope you'll be happy with it. Let me know what you think when you get it.

Take Care,
Sean

OK Steve, wehen can we start posting pictures? I dying here.:confused:

I've never done a knife like this style and I want to get opinions.

Originally posted by J. Neilson
OK Steve, wehen can we start posting pictures? I dying here.:confused:

I've never done a knife like this style and I want to get opinions.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JJJJJJJJJJ
you'll spoil it for me.....:D

the sheath on mine here will be done tomorrow.
just got the sewing to do and finish up..:)

pssssttttt send me a picture :p NOOOOOOOOO you'll spoil it for me
man it's like the Xmass I didn't get..:D

No pics till everybody has their knife! or maybe no pics at all! Don't want Pawnbroker feeling cheated ;)

I just about finished it today. Have to make a sheath and have a little bit more sanding to do. I'm getting really excited about this. I've been thinking this was cool just to have another knifemaker see my work in person. Hadn't really thought about the fact that I'm gettin a knife too till now! This rocks :D

I've been dying to say something about Belstain's grind but I know I can't or I would be speaking out of school. All I will say now is: I never got tired of looking at it.:cool: No body is supposed to know this but I snuck a tracing of the profile before I sent it back to him:eek: :).

RL

I'm going back and forth about whether I want another maker to see my work or whether I don't cuz of what he might say. ;)

But yeah, haven't even considered the part that I'm getting a knife too. Double good, I get a new knife, and some honest feedback on a knife. :)

Is someone hosting a site where all the photos will be, or should we all just post on our own? I think that all photos should wait till at least the majority of people have recieved their knives.

WS

Unfortunatly I had to drop out at the last minit and for that I'd like to apoligize to everyone.

I was home for 14 days and I think I got 3 days in the shop. Got to love when everything happens at once.

Originally posted by Will52100
Unfortunatly I had to drop out at the last minit and for that I'd like to apoligize to everyone.

I was home for 14 days and I think I got 3 days in the shop. Got to love when everything happens at once.

Will I was hoping I could get a stock grind Blade into your collection :) sorry you had to drop out...:(

I have to admit I'm behind. With any luck and a ton of discipline I'll have Laredo's knife done this weekend. Dang, you guys are making me feel bad! But I've been in too sick and lazy to get in the shop the last month. Sean stick with me, I'll stay up late to get your knife done! I really like its grind and tapered tang, just worrying this dang finish...

Dave

I'm with you dave, it's going to be a lonnnnnggg weekend. I hope you like it when you get it Possum! :) (kinda nerve-wracking sending a knife to another maker.)

For me , this is my third KITH. This is when the little beads of sweat come out on the forehead and the hands are clammy. Final touches and I will be ready to go. Michael, I hope you like.

Man this is tough! don't think I've ever been this nervous doing a custom blade.

Blades ready and getting started on the mailing.

Anything I gotta do special to get this into Canada? Particular postal carrier? Special notes to AVOID to keep this from getting stuck?

Thanks,

Dan

Sorry about that Dan, I was looking forward to it. I had the blade forged and sitting in the shop. Still needs about 4 or 5 days work. Would have been able to finish it if I hadn't had to go back to the rig, won't be in till Feb. 10. You would think that with 14 days off I'd be able to spend a little time in the shop!:rolleyes:

Thanks Michael. Dan, I always ship priority USPS to Canada. On the form where it ask for discription, put camp tool/gift. and keep the value low. So far it only takes about 4-5 days from MS to BC. Also I would wait for Will to return and finish his knife. I think it would be worth the wait, not easy though.

Back