• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Knife scam sites (knifesilo.com and others)

Steal of the century lol. Quite literally 🙄😡

Hard to believe these sites get away with this for so long. Knife silo people don't have a single grain of integrity.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220601-114925_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220601-114925_Chrome.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 36
Thanks a MILLION to all those who weighed in about this site!
The prices did look WAY TOO good to be true, but I thought I'd ask the community to be on the safe side.
Stay safe everyone and thanks again for the comments.

I'm glad that I did a little research saw this thread! I almost ordered a Sage 2 Titanium for $76.49... too good to be true!

So glad I did my due diligence on this one. I've been hunting for a Spyderco Bushcraft G-10 (I'm in love with the design of it for a bushcraft knife) and they were the only site I could find that seemed to have the blade in stock. But as I had never been to the site before I figured it would be smart to google for potential scamming. Sure enough knifesilo.com scam led me right here. I'm both happy to have avoided this hurdle and sad this knife is likely forever lost to me

I just posted a similar thread on Spydercosales.com which also looks pretty sketchy. Anyone have any dealings with them?

So glad I did my due diligence on this one. I've been hunting for a Spyderco Bushcraft G-10 (I'm in love with the design of it for a bushcraft knife) and they were the only site I could find that seemed to have the blade in stock. But as I had never been to the site before I figured it would be smart to google for potential scamming. Sure enough knifesilo.com scam led me right here. I'm both happy to have avoided this hurdle and sad this knife is likely forever lost to me
Your knife, "new," is on the costal indentation place at a fair price - NOW 99.1% US seller. As it was discontinued years ago, the secondary market is likely your only chance.

Definitely a scam. Looks good at first. About us page looks almost identical to eknives. Go through check and they was bank transfer or PP F&F.

Placed the order March 8th. Card was charged on the 10th. When I ordered it said it could take 2-3 weeks to ship. Had to wait 30 days before I could dispute it. Did that yesterday and my credit card company refunded me the full amount.
Good day and quick question. Did you credit card company make you download a form to fill out in order to get a refund?

Has anyone successfully received a knife when ordering from benchmadeonline.com?

I ordered a Benchmade Bali song model 42 and received a strange note on my confirmation order saying processing time is 10-14 business days. I couldn't imagine an order taking that long. I emailed the site to query their lead times. The response creeped me out even more:

The period for order delivery is divided into two parts:

Processing Time: 10-14 business days
Standard Shipping Time: 5-10 business day
We will try our best to ship your order ASAP and notify you once available with a tracking number via Email.

Would you like to keep and wait for the order?

I replied that I wanted to cancel my order, fearing a scam. I received no response. I tried calling the company. Some guy told me he was on break and would call back. He called back about an hour later. I told him I wanted to cancel my order. He tried to get me to download a file to my PC that would initiate the refund. The URL he wanted me to enter was www.tiny.cc/mcre

I Googled the URL and found it was a scam. I told the guy as much. He told me he could get me my refund in 5 seconds if I just downloaded the form. At that point, I was sure I was being scammed. The guy said he'd email me a case number, but the email never arrived.

Does anyone have guidance for me? I would deeply appreciate it!

Has anyone successfully received a knife when ordering from benchmadeonline.com?

I ordered a Benchmade Bali song model 42 and received a strange note on my confirmation order saying processing time is 10-14 business days. I couldn't imagine an order taking that long. I emailed the site to query their lead times. The response creeped me out even more:

The period for order delivery is divided into two parts:

Processing Time: 10-14 business days
Standard Shipping Time: 5-10 business day
We will try our best to ship your order ASAP and notify you once available with a tracking number via Email.

Would you like to keep and wait for the order?

I replied that I wanted to cancel my order, fearing a scam. I received no response. I tried calling the company. Some guy told me he was on break and would call back. He called back about an hour later. I told him I wanted to cancel my order. He tried to get me to download a file to my PC that would initiate the refund. The URL he wanted me to enter was www.tiny.cc/mcre

I Googled the URL and found it was a scam. I told the guy as much. He told me he could get me my refund in 5 seconds if I just downloaded the form. At that point, I was sure I was being scammed. The guy said he'd email me a case number, but the email never arrived.

Does anyone have guidance for me? I would deeply appreciate it!
He’s trying to get into your computer to steal more $. That download link is team viewer. It can give him remote access to your computer. Call your cc company and dispute the charge. Block him everywhere.

"Sanfordcustomknives.com - Non Delivery Scam​

Fake gun and ammunition scammers are posing as online retail storefronts and aiming to steal your cash and personal information with too-good-to-be-true ammo deals and offers. Scammers will ask for payment by insecure means such as Paypal (Friends and Family), Zelle, CashApp or even Bitcoin. They will refuse secure methods of payment such as cash in person or GunTab.com

GunScams.com aims to disrupt these scammers by exposing their fake websites online so that you can learn to avoid them.

Non Delivery Scams like Sanfordcustomknives.com follow a simple format which allows the criminal to steal money from their victims in multiple ways.
The criminals will first create a website or online page from which they will "sell" their goods. They will often offer weapons for sale on gun forums.
The scammer will then introduce you to the secondary "shipping" website which will have been created by the scammer. These websites can be very professional and will allow you to log in to see your item being shipped.
The scammer can then charge you for multiple other items such as made up import permits, police fees, etc.

Sanfordcustomknives.com​

Sanford Custom Knives - Custom Made Knives For Sale"

Back