knifemaker's challenge

Here is a kris blade that Ron Frazier forged, and I finished after he passed away. I finished it as Ron had sketched it, in a Kard style. He also made these with a "penny" style "S" guard. Collar is antiqued sterling silver and pins are from Ron's box of handmade nickel pins.
Sorry about the crummy photos.

IMG_20180806_113542.jpg IMG_20180806_113554.jpg IMG_20180806_113031.jpg IMG_20180806_113554.jpg IMG_20180806_113542.jpg

It's not that hard. Draw an "X" grid all around the handle (use a piece of string) and drill the pin holes at the intersections.

I am sorry guys but I can't finish this knife on time . Last week I had a sudden but pleasant visit .Mu lovely 12 year niece come to visit me . I see it only twice a year because they live abroad ................. so this two weeks I can t find time to finish knife .
Anyway , I m almost done .In attempt to shape that arrow on gard it slipped out of my hands and and up between belt and rest work.....and make mess which I was no able to fix ....so I change shape . Next , I have tons of Micarta but I chose the wrong pieces for handle............ color don't match but now is too late , I glued and peened pommel .Honestly I did not even think about that :D
Here it is ................ If my life depends on the knife once I would like this one in hand :)
Thanks for challenge :thumbsup: it was are good ride :)

1mx7tuI.jpg

3FUaf9k.jpg

CrddOYB.jpg

I am sorry guys but I can't finish this knife on time . Last week I had a sudden but pleasant visit .Mu lovely 12 year niece come to visit me . I see it only twice a year because they live abroad ................. so this two weeks I can t find time to finish knife .
Anyway , I m almost done .In attempt to shape that arrow on gard it slipped out of my hands and and up between belt and rest work.....and make mess which I was no able to fix ....so I change shape . Next , I have tons of Micarta but I chose the wrong pieces for handle............ color don't match but now is too late , I glued and peened pommel .Honestly I did not even think about that :D
Here it is ................ If my life depends on the knife once I would like this one in hand :)
Thanks for challenge :thumbsup: it was are good ride :)

1mx7tuI.jpg

3FUaf9k.jpg

CrddOYB.jpg

Natlek, I certainly understand the time catching up with you. 3 months seemed like a long time when we started, but this was sure a challenge.
I wouldn't be disappointed with how yours turned out. It is too bad about the color miss-match, but I like the flow of the shape and especially the pommel.
Your use of files produced really nice bevels.

I hope that we see at least one more person finish this soon.
I have another kris blade already heat treated with the same profile as my first one, but I'm in no rush to finish it. I'm waiting for creative inspiration on the guard-handle-pommel...

I had an opportunity come up to attend a small knife show in mid september , so long story short, im working like a madman to have stuff to bring. Natlek and Richard, your works are inspiration to me and I will be sure to show my humble attempt once its done!

Back