KNIPEX - Cobra XS Water Pump Pliers

Got this nice smallish pliers, carried in my pocket in a small slip sheath, quite powerful and very handy tool.

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

AHA! The tiny ones finally show up... How do they adjust without the button? I'm almost a year into carrying my 5" cobras every day. I've been wondering how the smaller size would do.
1606951059131812123164.jpg
Pictured with my Douk Douk and small tinker for scale... Those little guys should pair nicely with an sak as well.

Edit to add: now if they'd only offer the pliers wrench in that smaller size...

Attachments

• 1606950991992433633838.jpg
    1606950991992433633838.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 15
It's a different way of closing, just one set of teeth along the one side, works great!
G2

I had never heard of these o_O Don't need to work on a water pump. :)
In any case - I did the google and now these are a must have.
Very cool and absolutely useful. Haven't dared look at the price :rolleyes:

But this LINK is very informative and compelling. Thanks for the intro Gary.
Now to find a source.

Great looking slip! I sometimes do think a SAK with a Knipex may even be a better carry than a multitool with pilers.
Btw, I kinda wonder maybe it's even possible to nest a Vic classic in between the handles?

A classic might well fit in there, I don't own one, smallest I have is the Executive which is a bit larger.
G2

Now to find a source.
The big river has them at decent prices.

Now to find a source.

Thanks and I do think you will appreciate these pliers, several times now I found myself thinking 'man if I just had something to grip this thing...' and the light bulb dimly glows but it does glow and I remember ! I do have something to grip things with :)

And I like that first image, the contours of the slip sheath flap follows the flow of the handle and head of the pliers, I find it .... pleasing.... lol if I do say so myself.
G2

A classic might well fit in there, I don't own one, smallest I have is the Executive which is a bit larger.
G2
Good taste! I too do think 74mm is one of the best kept secret of SAK, it's a shame they are discontinuing it.

For me at least it's worked out better than a pliers based multi tool. I've broken multiple Leatherman tools
Then you mustn't be new to the LM binding pliers issues in the recent years, which they would get stuck/bind even with a firm 'hand shake', let alone using it with force. I had been a LM fan since PST, and it's a little saddening to see the QC declining in recent years. Btw, I have no affiliation or conflict of interest with any multitool/SAK companies.

I have the 5" Knipex I keep in my glovebox. I also have a Leatherman Wave in there as well as an SAK Champ Plus in a spare Leatherman pouch with a firesteel, flashlight, sparker, and some tinder. Damn Boy Scouts...
50186694946_20631f26e7_k.jpg

Then you mustn't be new to the LM binding pliers issues in the recent years, which they would get stuck/bind even with a firm 'hand shake', let alone using it with force. I had been a LM fan since PST, and it's a little saddening to see the QC declining in recent years. Btw, I have no affiliation or conflict of interest with any multitool/SAK companies.
I don't really recall having issues with binding, just snapping off while pushing the bounds of what I should be doing, and the screwdrivers getting torqued and being a PITA to open. The cobras have already pulled off a couple of things that I'm pretty sure would have ruined a Leatherman. I'm not trying to disparage their multi tools in any way, they have a great lineup that do many things fairly well. I've just found a dedicated pair of pliers seems to hold up better... At least thus far.

I could see myself carrying these in a leather slip, probably not just dropped in my pocket. Very neat idea.

Back