KNIPEX - Cobra XS Water Pump Pliers

I’ve considered getting some small cobra pliers to carry probably the 5 inch size. Mainly because the jaws adjust to open wide and have better holding power than my LM Wave. I have larger cobras in my pickup toolbox but it would be handy to have some on me wherever I am. In the winter it wouldn’t be a problem for carrying as I have a work coat with plenty of pockets but warmer weather would knock that out. I’m looking at different sheaths to incorporate it with my work edc gear but my small maxpedition might do it. I guess I’ll find out.

This is great. I'm also a LM multi-tool user, but frequently run into the "these jaws just aren't doing it" problem that rears its ugly head at times.

I don't carry the LM pouch at all, so I'm thinking of loading it up with a SAK, a micro flashlight and these pliers.

I swear Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley you find some cool stuff. Now if you'd just quit showing it to me.:D
Thanks Gary for pointing these out, since you have the pattern any chance of a sheath?

Those thing are flippin' cool! May have to give them a try. I have a pair of small Milwaukee pliers that I'm not in love with.
I had never heard of these o_O Don't need to work on a water pump. :)
In any case - I did the google and now these are a must have.
Very cool and absolutely useful. Haven't dared look at the price :rolleyes:

But this LINK is very informative and compelling. Thanks for the intro Gary.
Now to find a source.

As a professional mechanic, knipex pliers are the best, bar none, the tool trucks such as Mac and snap on sell them on the truck for $75-$100 per pair, and they still sell tons of them.
I own several pair, and when I encounter a rounded nut or bolt, they come out and bite like the dickens, never had a pair that wouldn’t hold more than I could grip.
Lifetime warranty as well.
When vice grips fail to hold, I grab knipex cobras.

If it's not to late .
8609250V01-00-5__97722.1563310046.1280.1280.jpg

My little guy showed up for Christmas! :D :thumbsup:

For those that were asking about a sheath, it turns out that the large slip sheath that Collector Knives sells is a PERFECT fit! :cool: :thumbsup:

IMG_3276.JPG

IMG_3277.JPG

IMG_3278.JPG

Pretty impressed by these little things. Definitely the most useful set of tiny pliers I've come across. Already had reason to use 'em a few times, and they held firm. Well done!

If it's not to late .
8609250V01-00-5__97722.1563310046.1280.1280.jpg
Those are for the plier wrenches, not the Cobras.

My little guy showed up for Christmas! :D :thumbsup:

For those that were asking about a sheath, it turns out that the large slip sheath that Collector Knives sells is a PERFECT fit! :cool: :thumbsup:

View attachment 1480182

View attachment 1480183

View attachment 1480184

Pretty impressed by these little things. Definitely the most useful set of tiny pliers I've come across. Already had reason to use 'em a few times, and they held firm. Well done!

Those are for the plier wrenches, not the Cobras.

Thanks for this, ordering now!

Jeff

I broke down and bought these. Great tool for the coin pocket. They fit in my Fallkniven DC4 sharpening stone leather slip nicely.
Wondering if a small Chris Reeve leather slip would work? Can anyone with these pliers and a small CR slip try it?
I wish Knipex would make XS regular pliers with a Phillips and Flathead screwdriver on the handle ends.

Back