Knives aside, what are your other hobbies??

Great Thread! and a tribute to all my fellow A.D.D. Brothers that have posted thus far.

WindowifSandC-1.jpg

Yes, indeed, one of the more amazing corners
on our planet.

Great underwater portrait too!

Thanks Ryan, for posting these pictures.

All the best,
David Darom (ddd)

I guess that my hobbies over the years have leaned more toward the primative. Here's a very crude snapshot of the 15' x 20' log cabin that I built & lived in for a time.

IMG_2963.jpg

Here's the osage self bow w/ arrows from white ash arrows that I made & hunted with:

IMG_2956.jpg

I eventually caught the Harley itch. My first being a '51 Panhead. This was my last. (I finally had to get off of them due to a back injury.)

IMG_2959.jpg

For a good part of my adult life I played the part of the villain in The Shepherd of the Hills Play.

IMG_2960.jpg

IMG_2962.jpg

I retired from the play two years ago after 43 years of performing various roles (I had to go to older roles as my hair changed from red to grey. :)) but continue to keep my knife shop open there during the season of the play. I still keep my hand in theatre by occasionally directing various plays or musicals for the local community theatre.

Gary

Ryan - that sandstone shot is GORGEOUS! Zion National Park? When I was dating my (now) wife and we started talking about marriage she told me, very seriously, that if I didn't let her pick the honeymoon location that it was a deal breaker. I was scared she was going to say something like a week in Fiji or some other place I could never afford, but she surprised me by saying a week of hiking/camping in Zion - I about broke into tears of joy, I knew I found a good one! We had permits for the Narrows but had severe flood warnings so they didn't let us go in; always wanted to go back and hike it. Besides Zion, I also have very fond memories of hiking around Escalante, particularly Coyote Gulch which, in all honesty I don't know exactly why, is one of my favorites.

I would guess that the pic is from Antelope Canyon.

The Narrows are nice though...

285867474_d6JnA-L.jpg

Joss you are correct that photo is from Antelope Canyon just outside of Page, Arizona.

Great photo of the narrows! Last year my wife and I hiked from the Ranch camped halfway down and through to the bottom the next day (13 Miles of amazing canyon walls). One of the best experiences of my life in the wilds.

Those photos are awesome, guys! My hobbies have taken a serious shift over the passed few years. I started with cars:

New:

DSC_0057.jpg

Then old:

DSC_0369-2.jpg

DSCN0702.jpg

Then I rediscovered fishing and took up fly fishing. This is my lovely girlfriend with a nice Brownie:

182992_1550010072068_1289580178_31241087_6306187_n.jpg

DSC04251-1.jpg

My ugly mug:

DSCN1700.jpg

'The one that got away'

DSCN1708.jpg

Then I found my best companion:

DSC_0676-1.jpg

With the old Willys and my dog, we started wheelin' most weekends. That's when I got into guns and knives. When I couldn't afford nice accessories for them I started making my own leather goods. That's pretty much where I'm at for now :)

5-3.jpg

2-2.jpg

2-1.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

My hobbies have taken a serious shift over the passed few years.....

What an exciting quest for a hobby!

I also like the fact that you beautifully documented the various "tools"
related to your hobbies - or - have you kept everything you collected
along the way? Not including the fish... :)

All the best,
David Darom (ddd)

What an exciting quest for a hobby!

I also like the fact that you beautifully documented the various "tools"
related to your hobbies - or - have you kept everything you collected
along the way? Not including the fish... :)

All the best,
David Darom (ddd)

Hey David,

Thank you for the reply! Most I still have, some have gone and some have been replaced. I'm not one to take game I don't intend to eat and that big brown was a real beauty. The thrill is in the catch for me.

I guess you could say photography is another hobby I'm mediocre at?

-Robert

Hey David,
........I guess you could say photography is another hobby I'm mediocre at?

-Robert

Robert, if that is what you think then you probably really excel in everything else!! :thumbup:

All the best,
David Darom (ddd)

I just received this old photo a couple days ago from the fellow that was our platoon sergeant for awhile in Nam. Nothing but kids back then. This photo really makes me smile. The fellow in the middle was our platoon sgt. Hard to believe we are all senior citizens now except for the fellow sitting on my lap. He was the youngest then at 21. The rest of us were at least 23 when this photo was taken. I'm guessing we found a spot with some shade and just took advantage of it.

VIETNAM20001.jpg

Quite a few NEW Members joined the BF in
recent weeks... Let us see what else does it for you!

Adding pictures makes it really exciting!!

All the best,
David Darom (ddd)

Seeing that quite a few new members are active here on the Bladeforiums,
I though it worth bringing this Thread up once again...

Come on Guys,
TELL us and SHOW us a little of what else makes you who you are....

All the best,
David Darom (ddd)

I went all the way through this Thread once again. There is no doubt
about the fact that you guys have some amazing extracurricular
hobbies/activities going on!

Join in and show us more!!!

All the best,
David Darom (ddd)

What a beauty, Peter! I have never had the chance to ride on such a machine,
but can easily understand why you cannot wait to fly away on it...

All the best,
David Darom (ddd)

Back